operation tomorrow

Hi All

Loving this weather!

I've got my operation to have my galbladder removed, tomorrow and I'm really nervous! I've been under a general , once before, so I know what to expect. I'm actually excited in one sense, about this, as it means I don't have to rely on painkillers and my body will be back to normal. I've spent the last 10 months having fortnightly liver functioning tests, taking tramadol and whatever anti-inflam works, occasionally sleeping pills, so to think that I will no longer have to take them, is amazing!

I've had galstones since 2007 but was misdiagnosed, then last year, they flared right back up, when I fell pregnant with my 2nd child. It caused big issues during my pregnancy, so-much-so that I nearly had to go in for an emergency section, when I was 31 weeks pregnant. But unlucky, the dr's managed to control the issue. After my pregnancy, it got worse, practically effected my day to day living, strict diet, no booze (not an issue) but if I didn't get a decent night's sleep, it would put my body out for days. Jaundice on/off and to look after 2 kids on my own, it really wasn't the best time.

So, I'm really am looking forward to it but I'm bloody nervous!

hope all goes well then blueeyes fingers and everything crossed for you

Good luck Blue eyes x

Hello,

good luck and I know too well how you feel. I had same problem with apendix, but the problem was it took them years to find out I am not telling lies, but have problem. When I had operation date, I was scared, but really hopeful. I did not have a problem since, so I hope that you will also be as lucky.

best of luck

Good luck =)

thank you folks x

Good luck blue eyes big hugs xxxx

All the best. Sounds like you should feel tons better after you've got over the op, so something to look forward to :)

Best wishes and a quick recovery Blue! SG x

Good luck Blue eyes

the thought is worse than the fact normally, its the opposite of a sex fantasy lol

All the best Blue eyes

gunther wrote:

Good luck Blue eyes

the thought is worse than the fact normally, its the opposite of a sex fantasy lol

made me giggle, I'll remember that!

Hoping I don't come out with anything too, ermm, kinky, when under drugs...........slip of the tongue and all

Nurses are discreet and are used to it, my sis worked in an operation theatre for years.

good luck!

I've had the same op, good luck, you'll be ok

my sister has this op coming up on the 19th! day after my birthday!

Hope all goes well, my partner recently had an operation and he is slowly getting there.

Good luck and speedy recovery :)

Adx

Good luck, you'll be fine, it's quite a safe operation in the grand scheme of things! :-)

thanks folks!

just nervous, although i'm looking forward to the sleep lol