photogenic

I've been experimenting lately with new poistions with lots of help from you lovely honey's.
I would like to upload some photos of my adventures with my new buys but don't know where to start?
I am definitely plus size and lacking confidence so how can I take a flattering pic so I don't scare you all?
Thanks

I don't think that anyone would be scared by you Friskyfarmer. I think that one of the great things about the LH forum is that we are all different shapes and sizes any everyone is very kind. Flaunt whatever you have hun :)

I'm quite a curvy girl and I like playing with angles when I take pics. I personally find a side view where I twist my shoulder more towards the camera and a front view when I put one hand on my hip and and drop the other slightly work for me. But just have a play and know that no one is judging you x

There are a few helpful tips here along with the guidlines.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/photo-rules/

As for how to take good pictures I think the best answer is to experiment, experiment, experiment! and take lots, then see which you find most pleasing yourself. Personally I'm terrible with photos and for every one I deem passable there must be at least 10 I've deleted.

Have fun with it and don't be afraid of the camera, try to think of the camera as a friend laughing and joking with you and you'll find you become a little more fluid and less rigid.

awww Thanks PurringTiger and Cocogirl I've roped in my OH so hopefully they'll be some uploading by the end of the week!
Are the pictures just ment to be of outfits?

They don't have to be but you can be entered into the model of the month competition if you are modelling an item that is sold on Lovehoney.

To do that go to the item page of the piece you are focusing on in the picture and use the upload a photo function from there (it will be located under the stock photo of the item).

Take loads! Once you think you have enough - take even more! Natural lighting is best but if you can't take pictures in the daylight I'd recommend having as many lights on as possible, lamps etc.

Also play around with edits afterwards if you can because a picture you may not like in colour may look great in black & white or sepia.

And don't give up or get annoyed - you'll probably end up with some hilarious looking pictures where you were blinking or halfway through a sneeze so you really should take as many as you can.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing them! I'm sure you'll look lovely.

PinkPolkaDot wrote:

Take loads! Once you think you have enough - take even more! Natural lighting is best but if you can't take pictures in the daylight I'd recommend having as many lights on as possible, lamps etc.

Also play around with edits afterwards if you can because a picture you may not like in colour may look great in black & white or sepia.

And don't give up or get annoyed - you'll probably end up with some hilarious looking pictures where you were blinking or halfway through a sneeze so you really should take as many as you can.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing them! I'm sure you'll look lovely.

Exactly what Polkadot has said, infact i couldnt have said it better myself!

The only problem i have with taking pictures in my house is natural light, we live in a very dark cottage and its such a pain in the butt to take photographs so i lighten them a lot with photo applications but different shades of black and white are my favourite.