places to stay in east yorkshire

hi i'm looking for some where me and my hubby could stay for 1 or 2 nights next april as we will have been together 10 years. surgestions would be great as i'm getting fed up of searching!

thanx Fizzy

Dunno where exactly east Yorkshire is but my folks hail from Pickering I can give you a load of places of interest around there, my dear departed uncle was custodian of Pickering castle.......if its of interest just ask

Harrogate, lovely place, fab shopping and some really nice hotels and places to eat, it's also far enough away from were i live for me to wear what i wouldn't wear around here lol

My parents just come back from harrogate and i believe they're going to go again soon coz it was brilliant :)

brians wife wrote:

Harrogate, lovely place, fab shopping and some really nice hotels and places to eat, it's also far enough away from were i live for me to wear what i wouldn't wear around here lol

Our first dirty weekend away was in Harrrogate, flooded the room having sex in the shower but apart from that all was good

Harrogate is beautiful. went many times as a kid. there are loads of B&Bs to chose from or hotels (i cant reccomend any, sadly as the parents always made the choice of where to go and i cant remember staying anywhere)

Betty's Tearoom is a must though!

Bettys tea room in York is the only place specifically marked as a target for the Luftwaffe in WW2...go early

i didnt know that...

Hazy wrote:

i didnt know that...

Hazy York was surrounded with airfields from Bomber command. the aircrews used to sign their names with a diamond ring on a mirror, it is still there. In the midst of complete civilization you are surrounded by the names of brave young men who gave their lives to allow us to drink tea in peace.

thanks for informing me. I am going to go get some books and brush up on my reading. Schools these days brush over alot of stuff about the war (well mine did anyway) shocking really.

Hazy wrote:

thanks for informing me. I am going to go get some books and brush up on my reading. Schools these days brush over alot of stuff about the war (well mine did anyway) shocking really.

Hazy Elvington race circuit just outside York has a wonderful WW2 museum.

York has history of everything from the Romans Vikings tudors the full gammut of our rich history and is also a lovely place to overcome a shopping crisis ( Mrs G bought her wedding dress there)