Position of nipple clamps.

I'm planning on getting a pair of clover clamps (http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32741) and I'm wondering whether it's suitable to apply these to the nipples themselves? I've heard it can sometimes make you pass out.. Is it best to apply these around the breast? Let me know please.

Hello :)

Clover clamps are safe to apply to nipples directly however I would personally never use them. These clamps are non-adjustable and many of my friends in the bdsm community will not use these since you need such a high pain threshold for them.

Each to their own but not for me. If in doubt try it on your little finger first and see how that goes as nipples tend to be way more sensitive.

Have you read the reviews on them? So you get a picture of how painful they are? Isn't it best to start with something adjustable and lass painful?

Sxleksaker wrote:

Have you read the reviews on them? So you get a picture of how painful they are? Isn't it best to start with something adjustable and lass painful?

Yeah, how much experience do you have? These aren't really advisable for your first pair, but if you're experienced, then go right ahead :)

I love nipple clamps and can tolerate, and enjoy ones with a good bite to them. They're called nipple clamps for a reason.....that's where they're supposed to go ! I too would suggest you start out with something adjustable though..... you can work up to the more painful ones x

Thanks for the opinions! Is their any clover styled ones that are adjustable? I love the design of them ^.^ Maybe it is a bad idea starting with these, although I love the idea of being sexually abused in sense

They are fairly intense so perhaps they aren't the best first pair but if you've experimented with nipple play (things like pinching and twisting with fingers or clothes pegs) then you'll probably have some idea where you lie on the pain threshold spectrum.

If you put them slightly behind the nipple they will stay in place easier and be less painful.

Friday13 wrote:

They are fairly intense so perhaps they aren't the best first pair but if you've experimented with nipple play (things like pinching and twisting with fingers or clothes pegs) then you'll probably have some idea where you lie on the pain threshold spectrum.

If you put them slightly behind the nipple they will stay in place easier and be less painful.

+1 - I have quite sensitive nipples, so always use adjustable clamps, and also tend to put them on behind the nipple - that way as well as being less painful it also leaves the top of your nipple exposed for extra stimulation from a tongue, fingers etc. and feels super sensitive too :) xx