possible ovulation spotting but ovulation test negative at the moment?!

For those of you that know, me and my oh are trying to conceive our first baby.

Sorry if tmi, but I went to the toilet this afternoon and when I wiped I noticed a tiny bit of blood/spotting. Which has continued into this evening when I continue to wipe after the toilet. It's not heavy at all and very little, not even a flow, and is kind of getting a bit 'mucusy' too. I had what I thought could have been ovulation discharge yesterday, it was stretchy looking and I suppose egg white like. I have been doing opk for the last week or so but all have been negative, the strongest line I've had was the test I did this morning but it would probably still be considered as a negative result as it wasn't as dark or darker than the test line.

I have had a 27 day cycle last month with af arriving on new years day, so I should be ovulating around this fri or the week end, I know it's possible to come early (or even late), but if this blood was due to ovulation, wouldn't the tests be positive too?! confused!

rb

xx

Hmmm...

Technically speaking, it could be few things.

Still reaction to the removal of the coil. I had this issue after coming from the pill, I spotted one month.

it could be that it is reaction of the body to potential ovulation, but not sure how fast the results will show. As the test shows whether you ovulated.

And it can also be that it is your body reaction to non ovulating circle. From what I heard, it is normal for 1-2 circles in a year to be non ovulating. So it may come to that that one month you will not be able to find any trace of ovulation, because there will be none.

It can also be, that the test is showing false results, but I dont have experience with these tests, so I cannot say.

ovulation tests are only an indicator of ovulation and only if used properly. Most people get best results when testing twice a day around lunchtime and later at night (2pm and 10pm). Although sptting can be an indicator of ovulation in can also be many other things too. The best way to test for ovulation reliable is to use a basal body thermometer and track your basal temp. Every other indicator (egg white mucus LH surge etc) can be found in other situations too.

Fr33b1rd wrote:

ovulation tests are only an indicator of ovulation and only if used properly. Most people get best results when testing twice a day around lunchtime and later at night (2pm and 10pm). Although sptting can be an indicator of ovulation in can also be many other things too. The best way to test for ovulation reliable is to use a basal body thermometer and track your basal temp. Every other indicator (egg white mucus LH surge etc) can be found in other situations too.

I agree that tracking your basal temp is a good idea, even though it can be a bit of a pain. You can get the thermometers from a lot of places, including ebay. Some will come with a chart, some have more information on than others. It can take a few months to work out when you ovulate, as results can be affected slightly by illness, and when you take your reading ( best first thing in the morning, even before you sit up). If you already have a basal thermometer but no chart, these can be found online. I do have a few I could email.

Spotting can be so many things. Personally, I would just wait and see if any other symptoms happen. Like Laveila said, your body still might be taking time to get use to the removal of the coil, it can take months for your body to adjust.

I know it's def not because of the coil. my body settled and resumed back to normal very quickly afterwards. I know my body well enough to have noticed this. My ov tests give results that indicate ov will happen within the next 12-36 hrs, not that it has already occured. I don't do bb testing, it's too much hassle and I don't have time to mess about with charts and stuff, and time isn't on my side, I don't have months to do this to work out a pattern as my endo will come back very soon, and my consultany gynae said I must ttc as soon as I can, as I may not have this opportunity within 18months time.

xx

I spent 5 months ttc without temping and got nowhere, once I started temping I realised that my ovulation was later than I thought and I'd always missed it. 3 months temping and I was pregnant. statiscally I was told to expect ttc to take 18=24 months due to egee etc

Are you doing the ovulation test at the same time every day? It's important you do that.

Is this your first cycle with the ovulation tests? (Sorry if I've missed a lot of older posts with this info, I've only just joined!) When we were TTC our son I used them and I remember being concerned when I still hadn't ovulated, then my body surprised me and ovulated a week later than "normal". So I'm glad I continued using them or I may have missed the boat.

I guess our bodies are strange things, the spotting could be due to stress, worry.. or just "because"

Maybe consult your doctor if you go for a month or two with no positive OPKs, they might test you to check you are ovulating?

I had my lh surge this morning which was very short, my ov test was + in the morning and - by 1pm, last month it wasn't any longer than 24 hours,so hopefully I will be ovulating within the next 24hours this time too!