Cervical mucus

Ok so I've started FAM, my period just stopped so I'm monitoring cervical mucus.

It's quite wet down there and it just feels watery, but that's really fertile fluid and as I've only just finished my period that can't be right surely? I have just come off the implant though.

could the fluid be anything else?

That likely wasn't an actual period, but rather a withdrawal bleed. You cycle will take a while to return to normal, it's not adviseable to practise FAM until that point as, as you are seeing, it is pretty impossible to monitor the signs correctly.

The period you've just had probably wasn't an actual period, as you can only have periods when you've ovulated. Anything else is withdrawal/breakthrough bleeding, so you can technically be fertile at any time.

Watery is generally considered fertile according to my charting app, but TCOYF says that if it evaporates/dries quickly on your fingers then it's not proper cervical fluid and is just regular vaginal moisture. Cervical fluid has always confused the hell out of me as its so different for everyone! So I've always paired it with daily temperature readings, although as a general rule if you have any form of cervical fluid, even if it's not fertile, you shouldn't have unprotected sex.

I'd assume you're using protection now anyway seeing as you've just had the implant removed? I waited 3 months after my coil removal to rely on FAM (but charted in the meantime to get used to it), and was able to successfully use FAM for well over a year before we decided to get pregnant :)

Yeah I'm not relying on FAM, just trying to get my head around it, I guess after a few months I'll be used to it and know the differences, I will definitely rely more on temps though

Nah I'm not fertile, must be just vaginal fluid. Figured out how to measure my cervix and its low, closed and firm (tmi?) super proud :D