Ovulation question on discharge

I recently (apparently) ovulated, as I have been marking down my periods on a app on my phone and then it shows when you ovulate. After this time (ovulation day was Sunday) I have had no vaginal discharge at all. Is this normal? What dos it mean?

I know this is not a baby forum it is just a sex forum but I seen a few pregnancy things so thought someone could possibly help me.

Totally normal :)

I use fertility awareness as contraception, so I monitor all of my fertile signs very closely and have studied the method a lot. Leading up to ovulation, you should get increasingly fertile discharge. By this I mean it will go from sticky, to perhaps creamy, to really stretchy & clear 'eggwhite' consistency. Eggwhite discharge and watery discharge signifies that you are fertile and likely to ovulate very soon, however after ovulation it's not uncommon to dry up completely as progesterone takes over.

Not all women dry up, some will still get some sticky discharge for a few days, but drying up is completely normal and healthy so don't worry :)

Hi hun, I find I get a lot of clear discharge that is stretchy like egg white when I ovulate. I use a phone app but it's usually a bit out with my cycle. If you Google cervical mucus it will help you check your cycle. Hope this helps xx

When I ovulate, I can feel it. Very slight aching depending on which side I've ovulated from. Its generally a few hours or next day later I'll notice discharge, which is clearer and a lot more slipper than normal.

Regards your thread, a thread could be made bout anything hun :) it's a great place with loads of folks from loads of strokes all wanting to help. Xx

And my app is always out with my cycle too so I wouldn't stress x

Yeaa I had discharge on the ovulation time but since it has 'ended' i am totally dry. I was worried something is wrong.

So it is normal and not a sign of either option as in not pregnant or am pregnant?

I have googled but you get so many mixed answers it is hard to know what's worth believeing when you read it lol

Thanks for all teh advice so far, makes me feel calm knowing it is normal

When I say Dry I mean no discharge at all as in my pants are dry,

x

PinkLucy wrote:

Yeaa I had discharge on the ovulation time but since it has 'ended' i am totally dry. I was worried something is wrong.

So it is normal and not a sign of either option as in not pregnant or am pregnant?

I have googled but you get so many mixed answers it is hard to know what's worth believeing when you read it lol

Thanks for all teh advice so far, makes me feel calm knowing it is normal

x

No it doesn't necessarily mean that you're pregnant. It mostly signifies that ovulation has happened and that now you're in your luteal phase, which is the time between ovulation and your next period (usually 14 days or so). It's totally normal to be dry throughout your luteal phase, I usually am.

You only really get cervical mucuous for the first half of your cycle because of the increasing oestrogen (preparing you for ovulation and possible conception), however after ovulation oestrogen drops and progesterone takes over, so you no longer produce discharge.

thank you for explaining this so clearly Boogaloo you are so understanding. When I read online they seem to over complicate it all but you explain it so simple and clear.

thank you

PinkLucy wrote:

thank you for explaining this so clearly Boogaloo you are so understanding. When I read online they seem to over complicate it all but you explain it so simple and clear.

thank you

No problem at all, I'm glad I was able to help :)

Like I said I have been monitoring my fertility for around a year now and using it to avoid pregnancy, so I made sure I did some research beforehand about fertility and what happens in a menstrual cycle, so I was able to follow the method correctly.

Any more questions feel free to ask :)

Thank you :)

What is this app you speak of? I'm curious and want to check it out myself! 

Hey Jess,

I know you weren't asking me in particular but I use Kindara :) it can be used to track periods, predict ovulation, record fertility signs, and also to log protected/unprotected sex. It's really good!

Hi Jess

There is one called 'Glow' for trying to concieve it tells you your percentage everyday! and the other one I have for period tracking is called 'my days' I have an iphone. It has so many settings it is great.

hope this helps.

I used ovuview as it covered everything, taking into to account basal body temperature to mucus and more.

Lady Ness wrote:

I used ovuview as it covered everything, taking into to account basal body temperature to mucus and more.

I used to use Ovuview when I was on Android, and it is really good. You can record a lot more symptoms than you can on Kindara, but I switched just because Kindara has a better community and is more simple to interpret.

Would recommend Ovuview for Android users though :)

If anyone is looking for a great book to help understand ovulation and other areas of conception I'd recommend 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility' by Toni Weschler.

Lady Ness wrote:

If anyone is looking for a great book to help understand ovulation and other areas of conception I'd recommend 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility' by Toni Weschler.

+1, I used this to learn the Fertility Awareness Method, it's fantastic :)