Post office

Right I have ordered a toy for hubby I don’t want him to be home and open it I want it to be a surprise so I’ve ordered it to be delivered to the post office (click and collect) will the post office ask what the parcel is?

They never have when I’ve had stuff sent there.

I’m guessing they just ask for your order number right?

No, they shouldn’t do.

They might ask for ID, to prove that you own the package. But otherwise just the number will do.

1 Like

I would expect them to ask for order number, ID with name/address. They may need the email if they need to scan a bar code (make sure only the bar code is visible before you show it for privacy). As for the contents, no they shouldn’t ask as it it non of their business.

Even if they do, I can guarantee they’ve received sex toys in the past, and would be 99% sure that they genuinely couldn’t care less even if when turn up to collect it you announced ‘I’m here to collect my sex toy’.

All I’ve ever needed is name ID and the Royal Mail tracking number. Had so many parcels delivered to my post office, the guy doesn’t even bother asking for my ID anymore :rofl:

2 Likes

We dont ask what a person is collecting, we only ask what’s inside when you are paying for posting vs using a pre paid lable-which theres no requirement to ask( senders responsible for the contents being non restricted)
Hence why using a LH return lable we dont ask whats inside though we can recognise certain postcodes
Mind people returning Amazon items even if in packaging the scanner shows us a picture of whats being returned !

1 Like

No, just proof of who you are… They can probably guess what’s in it from the postal mark… :joy:

They should not ask you whats in the parcel and they will not ask you to open the parcel there. I don’t think you have anything to worry about. I suspect the post office worker will have too much to deal with, rather than concentrating on your parcel. :grinning:

Exactly all we need is proof of identity and we can scan the parcel out, you maybe asked to sign a release card( our proof you collected the item )

@Rebecca
No I gave bought and collected from different post offices and have never been asked and as you know all items are discreetly packed