Pubic hair removal for the over 35's.

Quiet ones are worse! wrote:

Terri JJ wrote:

The only place I like hair on a human is on the head ! xx

Agree,

Met my wife when she was about 19, she had a full bush, about a month or so afterwards she was smooth there and has been ever since, as long as I keep on top of it for her, I've been shaved since my late teens, 50 now in the mid 80's you could get some extremley small mens pants, I didn't like the look of my hair poking out so thats how I started shaving it off and still wear tiny g strings.

what made your wife shave smooth orginally?

I'm in my 50, clean and smooth for hygiene. Hub likes it that way.

MalRoss wrote:

Quiet ones are worse! wrote:

Terri JJ wrote:

The only place I like hair on a human is on the head ! xx

I asked her too, she didn't mind so it's stayed that way.

Agree,

Met my wife when she was about 19, she had a full bush, about a month or so afterwards she was smooth there and has been ever since, as long as I keep on top of it for her, I've been shaved since my late teens, 50 now in the mid 80's you could get some extremley small mens pants, I didn't like the look of my hair poking out so thats how I started shaving it off and still wear tiny g strings.

what made your wife shave smooth orginally?

I asked to she didn't mind so it's stayed that way.

4Uonly wrote:

Contrary to popular belief being bare isn’t not necessarily more hygienic, it is associated with higher incidence of thrush and UTI in women, I’m pretty sure I also read a study recently that said people with no pubic hair are more likely to have an STI as well however it didn’t suggest cause so could have been because people who remove their pubes are more sexually active or promiscuous.

Good hygiene is far more than removing hair.

As someone with a disability I struggle with hair removal down there. Captain doesn't havr a preference so I just do it when I feel able. I have shaved and used sensitive removal cream. Both work but it all depends on how physically able I am at the time.

KingGrthy wrote:

4Uonly wrote:

Contrary to popular belief being bare isn’t not necessarily more hygienic, it is associated with higher incidence of thrush and UTI in women, I’m pretty sure I also read a study recently that said people with no pubic hair are more likely to have an STI as well however it didn’t suggest cause so could have been because people who remove their pubes are more sexually active or promiscuous.

Hi KingGrthy, thanks for highlighting the issue of Urinary Tract Infection and yeast infection. While checking out a few forums I thot this one (WebMD® Sexual Health Community) best describes UTI and pubic hair removal. https://forums.webmd.com/3/sex-and-relationships-exchange/forum/2981. I had UTI often in my younger days as an under graduate. Back then it was bushy and urologist always asked the same question on anal sex. Of course it was a no no. At 29 my bushy were wiped out prior to my 3rd child. It has been smooth and clean for the last 2 decades and UTI or yeast infection has never revisited. Maintaining there is also a lot easier all these years, especially menstrual periods. I'm really puzzled why some people has UTI or yeast infection after public hairs were removed. Perhaps it's good to hear from some members concerning this.

46, going back to bushy, after at least 4 years totally smooth and about 15 yrs partially shaven.

Going back because current pertner prefers hairs...

I personally prefer smooth, but am trying this now to please her, as she is working so hard to please me. It's only fair, I think! ![](upload://kym5tZ5EfyJxs6TKHB1Q2HtGSpK.gif)

I shave down there about twice a week, I've now gone for a Brazilian style. I like the cleaner appearance even though it's only me and my wife who see it. I have a medical condition where I have to wear a stocking (full length) that make me feel very unsexy, so to make up for that I shave and wear the sexiest thongs I can buy. My wife occasionaly will shave but won't let me do it for her.

I'm 43, wife is 44. She knows I love a bald pussy but was always set against it. She waxed for the first time a couple of months back and surprised me. The level of oral she's been receiving went up in a direct correlation ;)

As a thank you I had my (very hairy) back waxed for the first time last night. Ouchy. Love the feel of it now though.

For my pubic region I've always shaved in the shower to maintain a shaved shaft, balls and perenium and very trimmed bush. I think I'll go the whole hog with waxing and do chest, pubic area, bum... Can't wait to be that smooth.

I’m 36, and I shave almost completely. I do like a bit of pubic hair though, I find a glimpse of pubes can be quite erotic. But so have only a bit and it’s very short.

43 and smooth always my wife is 38 and also smooth. No other way for us.

I'm a 45 year old male and I've been shaving/cutting short everything down there regularly for over 15 years. I think it looks a lot nicer. Every woman (ages 25 - 46) whom I've been with over the last 20 years, has shaved most, if not all, of their pubic hair. I absolutely love performing cunnilingus and not constantly gagging on loose hairs makes the experience 100 times better for both parties. So I don't think age plays into it at all, or at least it shouldn't.

4Uonly wrote:

KingGrthy wrote:

4Uonly wrote:

Hi KingGrthy, thanks for highlighting the issue of Urinary Tract Infection and yeast infection. While checking out a few forums I thot this one (WebMD® Sexual Health Community) best describes UTI and pubic hair removal. https://forums.webmd.com/3/sex-and-relationships-exchange/forum/2981. I had UTI often in my younger days as an under graduate. Back then it was bushy and urologist always asked the same question on anal sex. Of course it was a no no. At 29 my bushy were wiped out prior to my 3rd child. It has been smooth and clean for the last 2 decades and UTI or yeast infection has never revisited. Maintaining there is also a lot easier all these years, especially menstrual periods. I'm really puzzled why some people has UTI or yeast infection after public hairs were removed. Perhaps it's good to hear from some members concerning this.

Its all about healthy bacteria reducing the chances of harmful bacteria taking hold. Our natural hairy and smelly bodies evolved to harbour bacteria in those areas, there has been recent research into armpit bacterias relationship to a persons health and also impacts of deoderants and anti-perspirants on those flora and fauna. Realistically if you have good hygiene practices you shouldnt experience more UTIs with or without hair.

Been getting Hollywood waxes for around 13 years now. Prefer it and could never go back now.

Where do you go for waxing in London? And what's the cost? I may want to try it instead of shaving when I visit London in 2018.

I keep my pubic hair (so surprises there). I just got bored of trying to fight it all the time. My hair does grow really coarse and fast. I have tried hair removal products/procedures and I don't like the results.

thechosenone wrote:

Been getting Hollywood waxes for around 13 years now. Prefer it and could never go back now.

Hollywood sugaring works wonders for me. I'm 51 and ever since I can remember I waxed, but before I used to do a brazilian. Got used to Hollywwod now and I love being completely bare. My OH is trimmed, sometimes he leaves a bit of a bush and I'm fine with that because it's his personal choice.

I'm in my late 30's and have been shaving since I was 18. This seemed to be the time (late 90's) before seemingly everyone was shaving everything off.

To start with I just trimmed my bikini line, then a bit more, a bit more, then I did a landing strip and after a year or two I just shaved it all off. I've shaved for approx 18 years now and except a week or two of growth now and again, been smooth. On the odd occaision I started to grow back I realised I prefer the bare feel and look than my bush of pubes.

Do the posters here self-wax, or visit a professional?

Not a smoothly here, always trimmed though. I’m a hairy bloke and I think it would just look odd if that was the only shaved bit.
The Mrs varies from smooth to landing strip to trimmed.