Question about The Tutor by Portia da Costa

Can anyone tell me if the sex scenes involve sado-masochism? It seems a lot of these type of books are very BDSM centric, but I'm very squeamish and can't stand to even read about things involving pain. I've read the book reviews but they don't answer this question for me, so I'd really appreciate if anyone can tell me if it's a 'safe' read for me without giving away the plot. Thanks! Here's the link http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33335&reviewpage=1

Hey! what does sado- masochism mean and i can help you and answer :)

Sorry im such a newbie to stuff like that i have no idea what it is

Thanks fantasia fairy! I may be wrong, but I've always thought it meant receiving or inflicting pain so it makes me think of whipping, flogging, pinwheels, clamps etc - things I have zero interest in. I don't mind reading about a little light bondage, but nothing serious or involving pain in any way.

Ruby Red Slippers wrote:

Can anyone tell me if the sex scenes involve sado-masochism? It seems a lot of these type of books are very BDSM centric, but I'm very squeamish and can't stand to even read about things involving pain. I've read the book reviews but they don't answer this question for me, so I'd really appreciate if anyone can tell me if it's a 'safe' read for me without giving away the plot. Thanks! Here's the link http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33335&reviewpage=1

It's possible it might include that since one reviewer mentioned that it covers many taboo subjects. So it seems fairly likely..

Ah that was me! :) Uhm no it does not really involve anything heavy like that, From waht i can recall there is one scene in the 'boathouse' which has quite a large amount of dominace but apart from that no :) For me it was a great read :) Taboo subjects being open relationships and all that kinda thing. :)

fantasia fairy wrote:

Ah that was me! :) Uhm no it does not really involve anything heavy like that, From waht i can recall there is one scene in the 'boathouse' which has quite a large amount of dominace but apart from that no :) For me it was a great read :) Taboo subjects being open relationships and all that kinda thing. :)

Ahh ok, sorry for assuming. People have different perceptions of things that are taboo so I always get confused and have to ask for more details lol

Ruby Red Slippers wrote:

Thanks fantasia fairy! I may be wrong, but I've always thought it meant receiving or inflicting pain so it makes me think of whipping, flogging, pinwheels, clamps etc - things I have zero interest in. I don't mind reading about a little light bondage, but nothing serious or involving pain in any way.

Exactly that it means you get sexual pleasure from and enjoy inflicting pain on others or having pain inflicted on you

Oooh yeah theres nothing extreme like that.

Kitty dont be silly :) I get that totally some things will be a taboo to some but not others :)