Questions for Doing a bit of webcam work

Hi

Don’t know if this site is a good one or not to ask but have a few questions about webcam performances and work.

With providing id to different cam sites does any paperwork get sent by mail to a address or does it all get sent by email.

What can you and can’t you do when performing on webcam with candy show and free chat and private chat.

Is there tax problems meaning do you have to report in your local country.

If you just wanted to do it once in while for a bit of fun and just a bit of pocket money like a garage sale or market

As said don’t know if here’s a good place to ask but thought most of you would know and might do it for bit of fun if there’s not much to go through.

How do you get around it more so that nothing gets traced back to home address for other members to find out.

When performing how do you keep it quiet from other members, where could you go, how do you get privacy and how do you keep noise down.,

what tax if any requirements would there be compared with doing it as a business

3 Likes

Hi @daisy202027 welcome to the forum. I know there are at least a handful of web camer’s on the forum. @Justthetwoofus2007 and @wildflower from memory and hopefully you will get some great advise from them. Best of luck, its certainly not easy and my impression it is difficult. Have you thought about photo’s /videos rather than caming.

2 Likes

Have thought of that as well, how do you do it to sell

Is there local tax problems and having to report.

Looking for intimate online partner which was reason for thinking of this.

With videos and photos and cam to cam how often do you have to be online.

Can you put a wig on as to not to show true face or put a wig on to look slightly different while showing face.

Might do the 2 you said and askoften

1 Like

Hi there @daisy202027

I’ve been web camming for several years now, first as a bit of fun but now as full time work.

Yes, I agree it’s all a bit confusing when first starting out but here’s a few pointers from my own experience bearing in mind that all sites have slightly differing rules.

Yes, you can wear a wig and not all sites require you to show your face anyway but you can make more money if you do show it.
The ID stuff is done online via your laptop or phone… usually just taking a selfie of your face and uploading pics of your ID Docs ( driving licence, passport etc) to the site. No paperwork is sent to your home address, everything is done via email.
Some sites have no nudity rule in free chat but most won’t. They will have a list of these rules and it’s important to stick to them if you don’t want your account banned.
Tax wise, yes if your earning over the personal tax threshold you need to report it to the tax office. If you just cam and again for minor pocket money then its unlikely to be an issue.
There can be some difficulties keeping it quiet from family members if you share a house. Try to cam when you have the house to yourself or have a bit of music on in the background and above all keep your door locked as someone else wandering into the room while your on cam, especially if they are visible to your audience can result in a ban.

You can mostly put photos and videos on your profile and charge people a set amount of tokens to unlock them or start a fan club on there. Selling other items is permitted on some sites.

You can cam as often or little as you like, it’s up to you but obviously the more you do the more you earn. Having said that the earnings vary wildly from week to week. You might have a great week one week with loads of tips and poor one the next, a lot of its a mix of luck and building a steady stream of regulars.
I found when I was doing it for fun it was just that…fun! When you do it as a job, a lot of the fun is removed and the pressure to earn enough takes over. It can be stressful at times, it’s certainly not as easy as a lot of people think. I hope some of that has helped.
Oh and welcome to the forum! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

hi @wildflower

thanks for tips, where you say no nude, can that be done in private chat if you choose.

could a guy wear womens lingerie/underwear/heels/shoes/clothing/whatever and show them off by taking photos or videos and uploading them to profile and charging credits.

if you upload driver license as part of id will anything get sent to address on license as dont live alone or does everything still only get sent by email because you said nothing gets sent to home address.

in private chat could you masturbate or have video sex, could you masturbate and perfom while doing it like a candy show

1 Like

Yes you can get naked in a private show if you want to and masturbate, use toys etc.
A guy certainly can wear lingerie, shoes etc and put videos and pics on their profile for tokens. I’ve seen quite a few guys do really well on cam sites doing just that.
As far as I’m aware nothing will be sent to the address on your drivers licence. Its all done online only.I’ve never had anything sent to my home address.

1 Like

does private show mean one on one or if you do a candy show or performance.

have a few heels and toys to start off, may even have clothing too.

could you put those on and take photos and videos and put on your profile and could you put a nude picture if you choose as some models have noticed have put a nude picture on profile where people get charged credits.

could you masturbate and get nude if you choose in a candy show and performance or just one on one private chat

1 Like

I’m not sure what a candy show is but assuming it’s a public cum show? Yes, most sites allow nudity in public/free chat, you can dress up in lingerie and do a strip tease if you want to.
Private shows are one on one although there’s often the option to have spy shows running in which people pay a lesser amount than the full price of a private and get to watch. You don’t have to have this, you can disable it in your settings. They can only see and hear you (the performer, they can’t see the other person). You can upload your pics to your profile and then the site will either approve them or reject them.

1 Like

have you performed on imlive and did they send paperwork to home address

2 Likes

Cams sites, and other online SW sites don’t send any physical paperwork out for privacy sake, as well as for the fact they would have cam models all over the globe, so for convenience, all verification and forms are completed digitally online.

3 Likes

Are you allowed to post links to your work on here?

Nope :slight_smile: That would be against the forum rules

7 Likes

Hey there I web cam too, just echoing @wildflower
Everything was done via WhatsApp for me, copy of driver’s license and me holding it x
Very discreet, nothing ever sent to my home address.

I cam on a different site to @wildflower and users buy credits, £1 is 1 credit, my website take half of what I earn.

Free chat is no nudity, but group and private are your rules .

Good luck with it x

2 Likes

It’s just for bit of fun and minor pocket money

Can you log on once or twice a month if you choose

Can you put pictures on your profile and will they bring money in

What sites are good for selling pictures that don’t require a monthly payment on sign up

Also how do you get your own space without taking on a home loan before you are ready and without paying as much to rent and not be able to do what you want to place until you can comfortably afford to pay for a small home loan.

Some of reasons are to just have own house with own everything and to have bigger yard to work on bigger things and to actually have a proper shed of your own.

You’re just at that stage in your life and trying to do best you can until it happens.

And it seems to take forever

Welcome to the forum, @daisy202027

1 Like

Which sites are good to sell feet pictures and sell videos and pictures that you would upload to cam sites that doesn’t have a monthly fee.

Do you make money just uploading pictures on imlive and/or eb cams or any other cam site.

hi

registered with imlive and in payment method theres bitcoin and epay and something else, most require bank statement as part of id and dont want to do that and just want to do license as a id, is there a way to do that and will imlive accept paypal as a id

2 Likes

Surely you should be asking imlive those questions?

3 Likes

Have you looked at Fansly? also might be worth looking at @Mint-Monster forum post re posting pictures etc @daisy202027