Quick question

Chef’s Kiss

6 Likes

Honestly as a fairly new tester I picked up all the information needed pretty quickly from the group. I think it works really well.

5 Likes

I like that searching for “sex toy tester” in the LH search bar redirects to a forum topic, but I think it may need updating to redirect specifically to TGBRATG.

2 Likes

I would love to know how you select certain people from those who’ve expressed an interest, I’ve not been chosen yet, and wonder if it’s something I’m doing, or not, as I fit the criteria in the guide!

2 Likes

Think the FAQ is pretty well covered although I know many friends who I’ve mentioned it to still ask me how do they signup and where can they find this forum lol

1 Like

I think this is a great idea - at the start, very clearly, listing what is absolutely necessary before one would be considered (number of reviews submitted, address on shopping site, lingerie measurements sent, etc) and how to properly put your name in to be considered, rather than signing up to be a tester… (I can’t believe how many people still say “all” or “any” despite you including in every tester thread that you won’t pick these ones…)

I think the Great Big Review and Testing Guide and FAQs are pretty clear if a person reads the whole thing, but having the basics in the very beginning could get a newbie up to speed quicker before continuing to read the details :slight_smile:

1 Like

But you want them to read the details before putting their name down.

• How to submit a review
  • Who can be a tester and how
  • Types of testers, and deadlines
  • Regular Testers
  • Secret Testers
  • Lingerie Testing and measurements
2 Likes

Ideally, yes! I agree with that :+1: But if some are finding the comprehensive guide overwhelming or confusing to read through the whole thing to find the requirements, it could be useful to have a basic explanation about the program and the basic requirements concisely outlined at the start with more details about the tester program following that :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@Peitho Great suggestion! I admit I emailed a question I had that could’ve been asked in the thread :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Maybe it would be worth including a more detailed list of what not to do as well as what you should be doing in order to be considered as a tester?

Having been a trainer in several roles before its always been as important to clearly spell out the things to avoid doing as it is to show people what to do. Often it’s more important, as it can help people avoid falling at the first hurdle (e.g. applying to be a tester having never bought/reviewed any products before).

Maybe post the things needed in green and the things you need to avoid in red? Sometimes a simple colour scheme helps?

And it’s probably not possible but is there a mechanism available to only allow people to apply if they’ve submitted a certain number of product reviews before? I suspect it’s already a major headache having to check the content and quality of existing reviews given that many are one line efforts, but a system that filters out applicants might encourage people to submit more reviews of purchases too, which would hopefully grow the potential tester pool?

2 Likes

Hey @Lovehoney_Brenna - one thing I would suggest is making it a bit clearer that there isn’t an actual “list” of testers, and you don’t get notified that you are ‘eligible’ to be a tester, as this is a question that gets asked quite a lot. I know I’ve read it somewhere but on a quick glance again at the Big Guide it’s maybe not as obvious as it could be? I think possibly adding a line somewhere near the beginning of the Big Guide to this effect may encourage people to read the whole thing?

Also, in the Tester Chit Chat thread, the first two posts talk about the old Tester List (and their list being named correctly) so this might confuse people - would it be worth closing that thread and starting a new one so there’s no old info? I think it’s possibly just those initial comments as after that it seems to be talking about the current system :blush:

3 Likes

I think that comes back to whether they’re confused by the guide, or if they’re just not reading it. It is difficult to get people to read things. Could adding some header links as a contents be useful? That would give the appearance of a step-by-step without adding any extra to read.

Some of that may be down to people searching the LH site and landing on this old topic. I bet that’s quite a natural search route for it. Googling “Lovehoney sex toy testing” gave me the GrBiReAnTeGu as the second result, but this super old blog post as the first. Maybe a new blog post would pip that off the top?

Though the links do redirect to The Great Big Review and Testing Guide, so that’s pretty good. :+1:

1 Like

I’m a relatively new forum member, I’ve only been here for around 3 weeks. I read the big tester guide when I joined and just had another read tonight.

Personally I found it simple to follow and easy to understand - All of the questions I could think of were answered within the guide.

Maybe having a thread for questions and answers specifically related to testing and reviewing items would be a helpful addition for anybody who is confused or has a query. Other members would be able to answer questions they have the answer to, or failing that, all of the queries would be in one place for you to respond to, Brenna.
This would also hopefully result in less people creating threads for each question they have, which can sometimes slip through the net.

3 Likes

There’s the Sex Toy Tester - Chit-Chat topic if you ever need it. :+1:

3 Likes

That completely slipped my mind, thank you!

2 Likes

Maybe this video could be added to the main guide (apologies if it’s there/recently added and I’ve somehow blanked it)? I wasn’t aware of the video until @PKH linked to it. There’s a lot of info in there and it can be much easier to listen than read, depending on whether folks are audio learners or visual learners.

3 Likes

In the olden days, the review and testing information had spawned into a sprawling mass of multiple threads, often with pages and pages of comments. And whenever someone asked for information on testers they were instructed to read the info, including all the contained links, which was quite a labyrinthian task (and had lots of bloat in, contradictions, duplications, etc).

I really like that it’s now one main source of info, with only the information that you need. I think it makes it much more cohesive and much less confusing.

If the problem is “why are people emailing me about the Tester programme” then I think that requires different solutions than if people are confused by the guide (which I’m still not convinced is the case).

1 Like

I get what you are saying but I’m not sure it is as simple as people having one issue. I would suspect there are people that just aren’t reading the guide (which there is very little that can be done about that), those that struggle to find it, those that may struggle with such a long guide (or at least a long guide all in one go) and some that just might be confused with the content (don’t forget it is always going to be easier for those of us who have been part of the program a long time to understand something than someone who is literally just starting out).

If Brenna is making changes, it is probably easier to change a few things at once rather than single in on one thing and hope that change works.

2 Likes

I like the idea of a quick start guide, could maybe do it in as an infographic and pop it at the top of the GBRATG?

@Baby_Jane Good idea to add the video as well!

3 Likes

Adding more stuff makes the guide even longer. If people are truly struggling to read it as it is, then I’m not sure making it bigger is the answer.

The first post is the overview, and the following ones are the additional ‘more details’ offshoots (FAQs and How to Write a Great Review). The first post takes about 10 minutes to read.

Out of interest, what would a quick start guide contain?

I disagree. I think effective changes are ones targeted at a specific issue, and are made in response to an actual problem, not an imagined one.

There are a few places that would be good to tighten up first, before adding duplicate information to the guide.

1 Like

Something like this (but obviously better and not made on Paint :joy:)

4 Likes