Recommendations for a new phone?

So my little blackberry, or purpleberry due to its colour, is dead. The inner screen cracked when dropped. At first it was just the bottom corner that was unable to be seen and now it is the whole screen. The white screen means my little blackberry must rest in peace.

Although my little baby is still warm I need to move on, I need a new phone. Can anyone recommend something decent. My main needs on a phone are simple....calls, texts and a decent email system as emails are mainly what my little blackberry was used for. As for apps and all that stuff the only thing that matters to me is i can get tetris on it as i am a bit of an addict but since you can get it on 99% of phones it shouldn't be an issue. I am however very used to a qwerty keyboard now and have never had a touch screen phone so don't know if i am compatable with them or not.

Also i have spent my entire mobile phoning life on pay as you go, contracts have always been a forgein concept to me but i have been offered a few good ones via pain in the ass cold callers lately, so to contract or not to contract is also a question i am putting to you.

Thanking you in advance,

The lady in mourning

I switched to a Nokia lumia 800 recently. I'm really happy with it, although Nokia as a company are on the way out. In my opinion pay as you go is probably more expensive than a bill, although you're not tied to a contract. Its like everything else I guess, shop around

Apple 4s had it about 3 months and love it, Tetris I love it so good to hear of another addict, good luck with what ever you choose. Vodaphone did me a really good contract.

Can't comment on contracts not being in the UK, but I moved from an Iphone to the Samsung Galaxy and would never go back.

Sounds sad I know but it was the little things that I preferred - you can change your message tones, you can choose your keypad from a qwerty one to the old fashiond abc def etc with predictive text

The screen is a lot bigger and it's lighter (well against the Iphone 4/s - can't comment on the 5 as I have never seen one)

i tried the nokia lumia 800 and couldnt get on with it, which is strange as every phone ive ever had has been nokia, but didnt like it that you couldnt put an sd card in it and bluetooth was real problem so ive got the samsung galaxy ace 2 and love it

galaxy s3

Im with you LL, i need a keyboard i persoanlyl hate touch screens they just dont like me

Personally i wouldnt go with an iphone as i dont like them at all.

You could get the newer blackberry that has touch screen as well as a keyboard but the apps on the blackberry world are terrable and you say u dont care about apps now, but thts cose you cant have any good ones :P

My contract runs out at the end of the month so im lookin at phones anyway x

another vote here for the iphone :)

Don't get an iPhone, they're so easy to break and waaaaaay overpriced. Get one of the new Blackberries, either the Curve or the Bold - like Steve said they have a touchscreen as well as the qwerty keyboard

boo iphones are evil!

I have the Blackberry Bold 9900

Touch screen and keyboard, if want a phone for email and to talk through, I don't think you can beat a Blackberry.

One of the guys at work has an Iphone, he wanted to should me an app, but he had so many on his phone he could not find the one he was looking for! lol.

HH

ive had my iphone 4 for 2 years and its still in perfect condition :P

Galaxy s3 is the ONLY phone

iphones are iover priced and there is an endless stream of updates for them. I hate them because I have to fix the damned things, it's easy for things to go wrong with them.

Blackberry devices have gone down in build quality so I wouldn't recommend them, but if you like the interface and how they work then go ahead, I just can't stand the things as they have gone from functional business phone to fashion accessory.

The new range of windows phones are not bad but windows are notoriously bad for pushing through updates on time

I would go for an android phone, either the Galaxy S3 or the HTC One X

I still think you should get a blackberry so we can BBM eachother :P

I would vote for the Samsung Galaxy ones - I personally (and my hubby as well) have Samsung Galaxy Gio - it is a great phone! Especially for its price (compared to many much more expensive ones). At first I thought LG phones are similar as characteristics to Samsung - not even close - I have LG Optimus One as well - its camera is much, much worse than the one of the Samsung Galaxy Gio.

I bought Galaxy S3 recently. I'm satisfied with my choice.

Iphone - will do all you want without to much fuss

Android - great if you want the latest stuff, not quiet ar reliable as apple (waiting for constructive feedback!)

Blackberry - does as it says, great for texts and emails but limited!
Windows - lets wait and see...

Just went from an iphone 4 to a Sony Xperia S.

I'm completly amazed at how good Android is!!!! Love the camera on the phone (12mp) which is one reason I got it!

I went from a BlackBerry to iPhone 4s a few month ago and have no regrets whatsoever. It's so easy to synch with my iPad 2 and iTunes and keep all devices linked to one account and iCloud.

I have recently got a Kindle Fire though, and can vouch for Android's apps, so would probably take a look at the Samsung Galaxy if it wasn't for the iTunes/iCloud thing.