Recommendations for an anal douche

Now that I have finally got dh to agree to an element of anal play (dildo) I want to get a douche so that he doesn't get freaked by any mess on it (hoping that this will lead to penetrative anal once he gets comfortable shoving things up my bum)

anyway which of the douches available on here would people recommend? I was thinking if the one that attaches to the shower - colt shot shower spray. Is this overkill?

I've heard pretty good things about the lovehoney basic douche:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=952

so it seems like a good bet. If you're not sure he'll like it then its probably best to get something cheap just in case!

I personally don't douche before anal play but obviously lots of people do! x

Never douched before anal, but ensure showered and completely clean down there, no food beforehand.

Have not had any unfortunate mess or anything, and I am definately squeemish with things like that.

I do douche occasionally and although I've only tried the smaller hand held ones they really are good enough for my purpose which is just a quick clean out before had.

I've tried a few and the lovehoney basic one Cornish89 suggested is the one is pretty good and its the one i use at the minute.
It holds more water than previous ones I've tried so not a bad place to start for the money :)

Hello there.

I bought the basic anal douche from love honey (the one Cornish89 linked)

I think it's very good. Cheap and easy to use. Had it for a couple of months now and had no problems with it. I'd start with that one. No real need to go for anything too expensive. It's just a functional thing after all.

Hope you have fun

The colt shower one is really good and you will be confident that all is clean before you start your anal play. It's worth every penny x

sexysarah86 wrote:

The colt shower one is really good and you will be confident that all is clean before you start your anal play. It's worth every penny x

think I'm going to get this one, rather pay more and have hubbies comfortable that he won't come into contact with anything. You never know after a few times of seeing a clean dildo he may use his willy instead :-)

I would suggest that you avoid douches with a sharpish, pointy tip made of hard plastic. That can hurt some, and may be difficult to avoid at first.

repliquant wrote:

I would suggest that you avoid douches with a sharpish, pointy tip made of hard plastic. That can hurt some, and may be difficult to avoid at first.

thanks - the colt shower one seems to be smooth, do you know any different? I would hate to invest 27 pounds and find I couldn't use it

repliquant wrote:

thanks - the colt shower one seems to be smooth, do you know any different? I would hate to invest 27 pounds and find I couldn't use it

repliquant wrote:

repliquant wrote:

What i have is the Calexotics Colt Vulcanite. The add-on at the top has some sharp edges, so it went to the bin almost straightaway. The remaining long tip is pointy and very hard, and I seldom avoid getting poked at least once per pre-session douche, even after more than half a year. It hurt more when I wasn't yet in control of the relevant muscles as I am now (and so can 'open myself up' by sheer will), but it still hurts a bit.

Unfortunately, i don't know of any better. Maybe someone else knows, in which case I would also be interested. I haven't got around to replacing mine with a soft, medical-style, one-piece bulb, but these are not available at any sex stores, so require some sleuthing of med resources. Should probably look into it at long last...

Cornish89 wrote:

I've heard pretty good things about the lovehoney basic douche:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=952

so it seems like a good bet. If you're not sure he'll like it then its probably best to get something cheap just in case!

I personally don't douche before anal play but obviously lots of people do! x

Good old Cornish I agree plenty good enough for the job. Don't need to spend a lot of money and its nice and slim.

I used to use one of the LH basic ones but finally pensioned it off for the Streem Master Mini douches that, unfortunately LH no longer seem to stock. The basic one is OK but the hole in the end of the nozzle is a bit sharp-edged which I largely solved with a bit of careful work with a scalpel to flair the edge of the hole. The bulb is slightly harder to squeeze than one might expect as well.

The Streem Master one is better in both these regards hence my shelling out its unconscionable asking price 8-)=

Why the tip of the LH basic is glow-in-the-dark beats me - if you can make use of the illumination while it's in position you have serious problems.

Gyrator53 wrote:

Why the tip of the LH basic is glow-in-the-dark beats me - if you can make use of the illumination while it's in position you have serious problems.

Probably aimed at couples, since they may have to find each other's butts under the quilt in the dark ;)

Personally I didn't like the LH BASICS douche. Like Gyrator and maybe repliquant (?) I found the tip scratched as it was inserted (even with plenty of lube). It just doesn't have a good enough finish on the one I have anyway. It could do with being sanded down (when I run my finger over it it catches my skin rather than gliding).

repliquant wrote:

Gyrator53 wrote:

Probably aimed at couples, since they may have to find each other's butts under the quilt in the dark ;)

Interesting idea - hope they invest in these first:-

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=813 8-)=

LetsTryThis wrote:

Personally I didn't like the LH BASICS douche. Like Gyrator and maybe repliquant (?) I found the tip scratched as it was inserted (even with plenty of lube). It just doesn't have a good enough finish on the one I have anyway. It could do with being sanded down (when I run my finger over it it catches my skin rather than gliding).

Didn't use the basic, as I've only used the hopeless Colt (which must have been designed by a virgin — hard to imagine a generic accessory being designed to be hurtful).

I think a good hands-on test would be to verify that the insertable part bends at least somewhat, and also that there are no sharp edges (finger check, as you say). Unfortunately, that requires personal inspection, or someone kind enough to perform these checks, on the other end of a phone, say.

Gyrator53 wrote:

Interesting idea - hope they invest in these first:-

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=813 8-)=

:D