Replying to a post I a thread

How do I reply to a specific post in a thread and not just to a thread . Hope you know what I mean 😀Btw I'm using a mobile

I don't believe you can. I've never managed to on my mobile.

If you look above their post to the right you can choose to either quote the post or write a reply to a post. You may need to be on a computer to see this but I'm not entirely sure. Hope this helps :)

It appears that clicking 'post a reply' means it's just posting to the whole thread but if you quote their post then people can see who you're replying to and it gives you space to write your own comments.

You can't do it on your phone the only way round it I find is to put the person name at the top of your reply and hope they do see your reply.

I don't think you can. I'm always on the forum using my phone, and I never seem to be able to do this :)

Thank you all I though that was the case 😀so if you see some random posts that make no sense that's why 😀☺️

JJLWB wrote:

If you look above their post to the right you can choose to either quote the post or write a reply to a post. You may need to be on a computer to see this but I'm not entirely sure. Hope this helps :)

This shows up for me on mobile. I'm on android using chrome, for the record. It takes a minute to load though, at first all I can see is 'post a reply' on the right hand side of the blue bar but then 'quote this post' pops up to the left of it.

Have you tried using an alternate browser on your phone? Could be worth a shot!

The quote post link appears on my mobile. I don't have a laptop so it's all I use

I'm using iPhone and it doesnt appear to let me 😔

It appears on my PC and my tablet but not on my android phone x

The 'post a reply' option will post to the full thread at the bottom 

If you are hoping for a member to read a specific post many post their name in bold or use the @ symbol, like twitter.'qoute this post' does appear on desktop version. 

However as the forum is open and free for all to discuss we do not allow threads to run with just a one on one chat. It is part of the Rules.

I hope that helps clarify ![smiley|20x20](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif "smiley")