Returns on gifts

I've had a couple of things purchased for me over the last year that have broken. However these were purchased for me as a gift so I can't provide the order number or anything to return them. Do you think I can still go through the returns process for these even if just as credit on my account? Seems a shame to throw them away

Talk to livechat, with your name and address, they'll be able to either get your order number (which comes on a piece of paper/despatch note in your delivery), or give you some other reference by which to return the items. It's always worth chatting to livechat before sending a return

Wouldnt the cost of the item go back to the person who bought it for you??

I'd of thought the person sending the gift would be refunded as they bought the items. Or perhaps you could get the items replaced if they're they are broken. Best to chat to live chat they're immense 👍💖xx

slinky binky wrote:

I'd of thought the person sending the gift would be refunded as they bought the items. Or perhaps you could get the items replaced if they're they are broken. Best to chat to live chat they're immense 👍💖xx

+1

Hi Sarzos, 

I am so sorry to hear you gift has broke.

Was the item delivered addressed to you at your address? OR was it a wishlist order?

If so customer can work with this information.

If the gifter ordered it to be sent to their own address and in their name and you do not know this information, it can get tricky. 

Please do speak to Live Chat as they can take as many details you may have to resolve.

So it turns out as well that one of the items has been discontinued so there's little chance of a replacement I'm guessing. Added to the items being sent to his address from his account, it seems unlikely this is worth following up for anyone involved

If it was me I'd follow it up for the benefit of the person as they were kind enough to purchase the gifts for you. They could get refunded if its within a year, or you could collect the replacement iitems from them?/💖xx

If it was within the year I would opt for a refund on a discontinued item to the person who sent the gift.

Personally I would feel too guilty.