Gift items- Returns Policy?

I was wondering what the procedure was for returning a gift items or exchanging.. Also, with regards to the adoption thread- do we have to contact the original buyer for them to contact Lh directly for a replacement of a faulty item etc?

I have wondered about this due to a high-end faulty item I have received from the adoption thread but I was confused as to whether to contact Lovehoney or the person I originally got it from. (Also someone else has brought this up too). I would like to know if the returns policy is still in effect then? Or is it strictly connected to the original buyer?

Thanks.

I would imagine you'd need to talk to the original buyer, as legally speaking guarantees etc are usually non transferable. Its a little grey though, because essentially you have received a toy as a gift from another member.

You never can tell with Lovehoney though, they do go far above and beyond yout normal statutory rights. Maybe worth dropping someone like Alics a line, or asking on Live Chat.

Hope you get it sorted, and please let us know how it turns out.

TC x

I've wondered this as well. I've sent a few products to people before and as they are sealed I was unable to check if they would even turn on. I've never had anyone say the toys I have sent them haven't worked though, but I know I would feel really guilty if something was wrong with anything I sent to another person.

Also if you are sent a gift of lingerie and you were sent the wrong size could you exchange it without telling the person you recieved it from? or is a gift item was faulty and you didn't want to worry the sender about it could you return that without worrying the sender?

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

I've wondered this as well. I've sent a few products to people before and as they are sealed I was unable to check if they would even turn on. I've never had anyone say the toys I have sent them haven't worked though, but I know I would feel really guilty if something was wrong with anything I sent to another person.

Also if you are sent a gift of lingerie and you were sent the wrong size could you exchange it without telling the person you recieved it from? or is a gift item was faulty and you didn't want to worry the sender about it could you return that without worrying the sender?

If you use the return post sticker provided then they will be notified automatically. But maybe you could email Lh, let them know and send it by hand writing the return address with a little note sayin not to tell the person who bought it? I'm not sure if they'd be happy with that though as they're contract is with the buyer not the receiver in that case.

Adx

Hi Guys

If you have been bought something by somebody else, you can contact us direct if you want to return or exchange the item. Our records will show who paid for it, when it was bought and who it was sent to.

The 'Adoption' scheme will be slightly different. You would need to go back to the buyer because we could have all sorts of problems tying up records, checking when the item was purchased etc....and some less than scrupulous people could start abusing our great returns policy!!!

Do contact us though to check if you are in doubt... we are here from 8am to 10pm mid week and 8 to 4 on Saturdays!

Cheers!

Matt