Review Hall of Fame

:medal_sports: by @bluekaren, 21 Apr 2013
Lovehoney Flash USB Rechargeable Mini Vibrator

Powerful Clitoral Vibe

The Lovehoney Flash USB Mini is a nice clitoral vibe that is waterproof. It has lots of speeds and a cute little package. Also it charges really easily from my laptop, which is good because I am on my laptop a lot.

I was really excited to get this vibe. Waterproof and charges by USB? Iā€™m in! I had to have it. The base comes off of the tip at the metal in the middle. It opens to reveal the USB, which actually comes out of the base. The top has the receiving end. There is small waterproof ring that keeps this vibe dry inside even when under water. I donā€™t know how this is possible, but it is. I tried this vibe completely submerged and it stayed dry inside. Being waterproof makes this vibe easy to clean with soap and water or a sex toy cleaner.

The silicone of this toy has a bit of drag. It is also a bit of a lint magnet. Unfortunately, it did not come with a storage pouch. The tip is angled and rounded off. It has flexibility. The silicone is only compatible with water-based lubrication. A little drop goes a long way on this toy. The base is much firmer silicone and square. The metal in the middle has the Lovehoney logo heart on the opposite side of the button.

I am happy to tell you that this vibe has a strong buzzy vibrations and plenty of variety. The vibrations are much less on the base. The tip carries an almost obscene amount of vibrations. This is going to sound crazy, but the vibrations feel almost electric. It is something very stimulating, but may be too intense for some.

It offers 3 speeds and 4 patterns. Due to the frequency of vibrations I have to mention vibrations on the handle. The handle has less vibrations than the tip, but the vibrations are powerfully buzzy, even on the handle. The Lovehoney Flash USB Mini has one button which is used to turn it on and off and scroll through the patterns. It is almost flush with the handle and doesnā€™t get in the way. You will have to hold it down for like 10 seconds to turn it off but it is so quiet I donā€™t see that as being a problem. The button response is not always consistent. Sometimes I depress the button to turn it on and it doesnā€™t respond. This is definitely because I do not apply the right amount of pressure to the button. Sometimes this is a bit frustrating. I have to weigh this minor frustration against the price, which is much lower than I would have thought. It always eventually turns on after a couple tries, so for now I am going to write this off as a minor imperfection. The button lights up, very dimly, when it is depressed. It blinks when it is charging and glows steady when it has a full charge. The light is so dim I have to cup my hand around it to see for sure. I guess it would be easy to see in the dark, but I use my laptop in a lit room. A full charge gives up to 3 hours of playtime. When the battery is low it will flash a dim red light behind the button.

Oh my god! I didnā€™t even mention how damn quiet it is. It is almost silent. I love, love, love this vibe!

This vibe has a longish handle and is curved to fit my anatomy. It is slim enough to fit between bodies during intercourse. It could be used for shallow vaginal play, but it is not really designed to be used like that. I love to feel it on my labia and nipples as a bit of a teaser before going right to my clitoris. I have been using this vibe a whole lot since I got it for review. I find it so easy to charge and convenient. I like to patterns more for building up and then I switch it to full power to bring me to explosive orgasms.

The packaging for this vibe was a paper box. The toy came nestled in plastic and it also had a small paper leaflet with some suggestions for use and operation instructions. I highly recommend this this vibe, it is fa-nominal!

Overall Rating: 10 out of 10 stars

Pros: Rechargeable, waterproof, powerful, 7 functions, silicone, easy to use.

Cons: Button is a bit finicky.

Bottom Line: Awesome! I highly recommend this!

:medal_sports: by @ladyspock, 11 Apr 2013
Tracey Cox Supersex Massage Wand Vibrator

Magic

Iā€™ve been considering buying a wand vibrator for ages now, and finally decided to treat myself earlier this week. I originally wanted a mains-powered product, but the price of this one persuaded me to change my mind - even though other reviews warned that you compromise on power that way.

Well - as Iā€™ve never been able to get my hands on a mains-powered wand, I canā€™t comment on that, but what I can tell you is that the strength of the vibrations are perfect for me. The step up between the settings is great - just the increase I need moving from low to high.

The toy is very comfortable to use, too. The head is flexible, which makes it much easier to position the toy, and itā€™s a decent size to hold and use the slider switch at the same time. Also, the silicone head feels great - not just for use as a sex toy, but also on any part of the body as a massager. Of course thatā€™s not what any of us are really here for, but itā€™s a lovely bonus!

Itā€™s also worth mentioning that the toy is of a nice high build quality. Sometimes even when toys are marked as waterproof I have a hard time trusting them, but this one looked solid enough not to frighten me!

Speaking of appearances - the toy is a hot, bold pink. Of course you can see that in the picture, but itā€™s glaring up at me from beside me in person! Iā€™m not a very girly person so I tend to prefer more muted colours. Obviously this doesnā€™t prevent me from enjoying the toy at all! Really I only mention it to confirm that any lovers of all thinks pink will be very pleased.

One possible downside is that the toy is reasonably noisy if you donā€™t live alone, but I suppose thatā€™s to be expected from a wand. Actually, given that many people seem to describe wands as being about as noisy as a hydraulic drill, this really isnā€™t so bad! To give you some indication - it was loud in the bedroom, but when I left it under the covers on the high setting I couldnā€™t hear it very well from the corridor outside. I doubt Iā€™d have noticed if I wasnā€™t listening out for it.

All this information is really secondary to the simple truth - I love this wand. I should have bought one ages and ages ago when it first struck me, but despite all the magic wand build-up that happened in my head in the meantime, I wasnā€™t disappointed. Presumably Iā€™ll upgrade to something mains-powered later on, but for now this is my new best friend. Treat yourself! You wonā€™t regret it.

Overall Rating: 9 out of 10 stars

Pros: Pretty much everything! Lovely and comfortable to use, and nice vibrations.

Cons: Colour - bit too girly for me, but thatā€™s the least of my worries!

Bottom Line: If youā€™re looking for a reasonably-priced wand and donā€™t mind batteries, this is for you.

:medal_sports: by @Mrs_Minx, 11 Apr 2013
Vibe Therapy Sutra 7 Function Silicone G-Spot Vibrator

Classy

When this vibrator arrived, it was presented in a very classy box. Mainly white with grey/black writing. All very simplistic in design much like the toy itself. My first impression was ā€˜classyā€™ and this impression was to remain throughout my first experience with the toy.

Once I had it out of the box, I held it in my hands, absorbing its look, texture and getting a general feel of it. I was particularly struck by how realistic it was in shape and size. It is very ergonomic with the buttons in an easy to reach place at the bottom of the vibrator. I also liked the raised curves and swirls on the shaft. They added an elegant touch to the overall design.

I found it easy to insert the batteries although had a fair bit of difficulty in getting the battery cover back on again. Then I pushed the on button. I really like the fact that the buttons are flush with the toy. Again I think it adds to the classy design, but I like the fact you donā€™t need to press to hard to get it to respond.

I used a little bit of lube on the tip just to help get it in, and then once in I proceeded to press the vibration button. The first 3 settings are just normal buzzing vibrations but each gets a little faster than the last. I found this best for warming up with around my labia and groin.

My absolute favourite setting is on the fourth press of the button. It is a pulsing rhythm but each pulse lasts quite a few seconds and each one is like a rev of an engine that builds up. This is the setting that really got me going and even after cycling through the other settings, I came back to this one for my orgasm.

The size of the toy is a little on the small size in girth. However, I find with g-spot vibrators, the slightly smaller ones are easier to get right on the spot. The slimmer design also oozes class. But be assured, you wonā€™t feel empty with this toy.

Although I havenā€™t yet tried it, I think this toy would be very pleasant as an anal toy too which I will try at a later date. I have yet to use this toy with my partner as he hasnā€™t been around yet, but he was very excited when I showed him the toy online.

Overall, I wouldnā€™t be without this toy. It is comparable, if not a bit better, than my Jessica Rabbit. It will be hard to choose between them in future.

Pros: Classy, elegant look, nice texture, setting 4.

Cons: Battery cover is hard to get back on.

Bottom Line: Classy, effective, and lots of fun.

:medal_sports: by @Surubi, 06 Apr 2013
Lovehoney Mains Powered Magic Wand Vibrator

Just as good as the [Hitachi]

I had a previous partner whoā€™d had a Hitachi Magic Wand, and I think that when we split up, I was sadder about loosing that than loosing them!

Unfortunately, Hitachiā€™s are near impossible to get in this country, and they donā€™t come with the right plugs anyway (you need to get a transformer and an adaptor). I had high hopes that the Lovehoney version would be just as good as the classic, but was unsure whether it would measure up.

Boy, was I wrong to doubt it! Such amazingly powerful vibrations! Iā€™ve had this for a while and it still blows me away every time. I canā€™t use it at the highest setting for too long because itā€™s just too much. Thatā€™s another thing it has over the Hitachi - multiple speeds. The scroll wheel is a welcome addition.

It can be quite loud, due to the powerful vibrations. Also due to how loud I am when using it!

Donā€™t bother faffing around trying to get the Hitachi. It may be the original, but thereā€™s a new kid in town. Get this, you wonā€™t be disappointed.

Overall Rating: 10 out of 10

Pros: So powerful.

Cons: A bit noisy.

Bottom Line: Wonderful. A toy everyone should own.

:trophy: @S_S, 20 May 2013
Lovehoney Release Masturbation Lubricant

Lovehoney Release Masturbation Lubricant

Simply Amazing

I decided to treat myself to a nice lube for some solo fun, and happened to notice that this was on Deal of the Day so figured Iā€™d give it a shot. We have a lot of lubes and like to try out new ones every now and then, so were quite interested in Lovehoneyā€™s own brand.

The packaging is of a very high standard, and is neat and clean, without appearing overly clinical. The tube is durable and remains standing even when thereā€™s not much left in the tube.

We normally use clear, water-based lubes, so when we saw that this was completely opaque we were intrigued. Coming out of the tube, the lube feels more like some moisturiser than any lube weā€™ve used before! This wasnā€™t in any way off-putting, as it feels fantastic in your hands, staying exactly where you want it to without running all over the place.

We learned quickly that a little goes a LONG way! I had the missus, ahem, ā€˜assistā€™ me with the first use, and she required just a small amount in the palm of her hand to get us started. She used enough to coat the head of my penis nicely, and we were amazed that this was all that we needed during the five or so minutes it took me to finish. At no point did we need to add more lube, something which we usually have to do when using something like KY Jelly or Maximus - a very impressive feat!

The handjob itself was something amazing altogether, and had me almost losing control from the first minute! This was without a doubt the most intense handjob I have ever had, even topping any experience I have had with Fleshlights for sheer physical sensation. Not to detract from my OHā€™s ability to pleasure me (of which she has significant talent), but the lube certainly added to this experience, keeping the head of my penis sleek and comfortable from start to finish. We didnā€™t have to stop for a second because I was drying up - something which we have not had before with any other lube.

Best of all, there was absolutely no residue left afterwards, and cleaning up was incredibly simple! The moisturising lube is absorbed into hand and penis both, something which we found incredibly convenient. The lube was as clean and efficient as the packaging makes it out to be.

For any guy regularly uses lube, either for solo fun or with your partner, the Lovehoney Release Masturbation Lubricant is an absolute necessity. You could spend an absolute fortune on all sorts of masturbator toys, but you will not come close to the feeling of a willing hand and a smidgen of this lube!

Pros: A little goes a long way!

Cons: Nothing - the best masturbation lube weā€™ve come across!

Bottom Line: A must have for any guy out there.

:medal_sports: @boing-boing, 21 May 2013
The Really Cheeky Adult Board Game for Friends

The Really Cheeky Adult Board Game for Friends

Quite cheeky and great entertainment

My wife and I absolutely love board games, itā€™s our equivalent of the Xbox (yes we are behind the times!), so we were over the moon when we received this yesterday from Lovehoney as a tester (thank you, always appreciated). Needless to say it wasnā€™t hanging around long waiting to be tested.

Okay so onto the gameā€¦ The easiest way to describe it is that itā€™s like an adult industry themed version of Monopoly with extra challenges (risky or frisky cards) and sexually themed question cards (with their own challenges of sorts if answered incorrectly). To spice it up further, the board also features a lap dance/massage square which proved quite funny! There are two methods for playing the game, either by playing until all other players have been made bankrupt, or by setting a predetermined time and the winner being the one who has accumulated the most wealth within said time.

Game play is of a similar length to Monopoly, mainly due to the challenges and questioning (which we feel makes the game) we played two games last night and it took us all evening. The pieces are all an adult spin off of the Monopoly theme with the playing pieces including a beaver, a pussy and a cock. Instead of a jail, thereā€™s a dungeon and thereā€™s a selection of adult industry related businesses to choose from.

The Cheeky Adult Board Game is a lot of fun to play and quite interactive and at times embarrassingly revealing (in a good way!). Itā€™s definitely gained a place in our regular board games shelf and will most likely see regular use over some drinks at our parties where itā€™s lighthearted nature will probably make it a good source of entertainment. We feel itā€™s a game that would be a lot more entertaining the more people you had playing it.

Our only criticism with the game is that we wish the makers had gained a higher budget, we would love to see someone make a version of this game that had a bit more class and quality to it. While fun and a good laugh, the tone of the game is a bit tacky and childish in places i.e with the names of the pieces, the cheap sounding titles for all the businesses and the ā€˜naughtyā€™ cartoon artwork.

It would be great to see a game like this designed for those adult industry geeks out there, using actual actual companies, film studios and famous red light areas (e.g Evil Empire, Soho, and even Lovehoney!), themed playing pieces that had a bit more thought put into them rather than the animals that match sexual slang and a higher standard of artwork or even photography. But just because the game could be made a lot better than it is, doesnā€™t stop it already being a lot of fun. We still love this game and looking forward to playing it at a few parties with friends, we just wished it satisfied the nerd in us too!

Overall Rating: 8 out of 10 stars

Pros: Good game play, fun.

Cons: A much better version of this could be made.

Bottom Line: Good silly adult themed fun, great for parties and not for taking too seriously!

:medal_sports: by @Suzi, 27 May 2013
Lelo Insignia Lyla 2 Remote Control Vibrating Love Egg

The best public play toy ever

Firstly, many thanks to LH for brilliant customer service yet again.

I ordered the Lelo Lyla a couple of weeks ago, but when it arrived I couldnā€™t get the controller and vibe to talk to each other (in spite of trying all evening!). Sadly it had to be returned. As soon as it arrived back at LH, it was checked out and the problem was found to be that the batteries supplied for the controller were not up to scratch. It was returned immediately with new batteries and it has worked perfectly since then. Just annoyed that I didnā€™t think of trying that!

Now to the review. Wow. If you enjoy discreet public play, then you have to buy this. If you canā€™t afford it, save up until you can - donā€™t buy something cheaper. Nothing else comes close in terms of power and ease of use, and we have tried quite a few other remote control toys! The power from the vibe is only matched by toys like the Miyakadori, which have a separate battery box, and of course have a big drawback in that you have to hide the box and put the wire somewhere.

The vibe is bigger than a lot of bullets, and although the instructions say you can put it in your nix for clitoral stimulation, I think it is a little big for that. Itā€™s really for vaginal use. It claims to be fully waterproof, which is important given where itā€™s got to go and how wet you are likely to get! I have previously killed a cheaper remote control bullet because it got too wet. The cover that hides the charging point does screw on very securely, and it certainly feels like it should be waterproof.

The teardrop shape makes it comfortable to wear, and you can forget you are wearing it unless your OH gives you a reminder every now and then. Just use a little lube when inserting it. It will turn itself off fully if it is not used for an hour, in which case you have to take it out and press the little indentation on the body to turn it back on. When weā€™ve been out, thereā€™s not been any chance of it remaining unused for an hour!

It is a classy piece of kit, unlike many cheap plastic toys.

Weā€™ve used the vibe twice so far, and on neither occasion has it come close to running out. The instructions claim it should run for around 2 hours - on an average evening out you are not going to have this actually running for 2 hours, believe me! It takes a couple of hours or so to re-charge.

The controller has lasted fine so far - it takes two AAA batteries and not those silly (and expensive) little button batteries. The big advantage of the controller is that it vibrates in time with the vibe, so your OH knows exactly what you are experiencing! Just make sure you put new batteries in it and take some spares with you just in case.

The controls take a little practice, but essentially the left one is on, the right one is off, and the middle one controls the modes. They do have other uses, but weā€™ve found in normal use just treat them as described.

Mode 1 is the default and is on when you start it up. This is so simple even my OH picked it up quickly! When the controller is held horizontally it is off (or just buzzing very gently). When it is vertical is it full blast, anywhere in between varies the intensity. Simples.

Mode 2 probably works best if youā€™re dancing - the harder you shake it the more powerful the vibrations are. On our first outing with it my OH was experimenting with it under the table at a restaurant - we both collapsed into giggles when he shook his hand vigorously under the table, that really did look pervy!

Mode 3 is really six pre-set modes you can scroll through. The usual constant vibration, pulsing, up and down etc. The last one is easily the best, it appears to be completely random in both pattern and intensity. You can be enjoying some nice squishy gentle buzzing then all of a sudden it will give you a blast - I have been known to literally jump in my seat!

Will it bring you to a climax in public? Not for me, but then again thatā€™s not what Iā€™m looking for. Will it keep you horny all evening so you end up having the best sex ever? Yes, yes, yes!

It might seem a lot of money compared to most other similar toys, but in reality I donā€™t think you can compare it to anything else. IMO, it is worth every penny!

Pros: Power, ease of use.

Cons: Nothing whatsoever!

Bottom Line: The best ever.

:medal_sports: by @bluekaren, 30 May 2013
Tracey Cox dare! Spot On Massager Vibrator

Spot On

This vibe is small and quiet. It has a one button interface which controls the 3 speeds and 3 patterns of vibration. It runs on 2 AAA batteries. It is meant for shallow thrusting at only 4" insertable and has a slight curve which may help some woman hit the G-spot, (not me, unfortunately).

The Tracey Cox dare! is small and fits nicely into my hand. The silicone on this vibe is smooth with a small seam running along both sides to the tip. The head comes to a slight point at the front, away from the seam, so this vibe still works for pin point stimulation. The rounded head and slight curve make this vibe comfortable for insertion, with just a little lubrication.

The slight curve is good for me when using this vibe clitorally. This vibe could work for couples during sex as it is slim enough to fit between bodies, but it is not ideal because it is not flat. The nice thing about a phallic shaped vibe is that it can always be used for foreplay. In a lot of different ways. It is not meant for anal play, since it has no flared base and could easily be sucked in.

The base twists apart to reveal the Tracey Cox dare! battery compartment. The dare! is powered by 2 AAA batteries. I was shocked by the rumbly vibrations coming from this vibe when I turned it on. The vibrations are not buzzy at all. They are not as powerful as some of my rechargeable vibes, but this power is probably sufficient for most woman to get off. I use my nose as a way to gauge vibration strength, sounds weird but it is the closest thing on your body as sensitive as your clit. I was able to stand this vibe on the the tip of my nose but only for a few seconds. It is much stronger than what I would expect from 2 AAA batteries. I give it 3.5/5 stars.

In use this vibe is versatile and feels good. I like a strong clitoral vibe, but the fact that the dare! works for shallow thrusting is very nice. Although this vibe is phallic shaped it can be used all over the body; nipples, perineum, labia, whereverā€¦ This vibe is also pretty quiet. Not silent, but pretty quiet. The vibe has rumbly power, but makes a buzzy quiet noise. It is slightly louder than a cell phone on vibrate, and might be heard across the room under covers, but probably not through a closed door.

The silicone is a bit tacky which will pick up hair and lint if left out. The dare! didnā€™t come with a storage pouch, unfortunately. The packaging is simple and deluxe looking. I am currently using it to store the toy, but honestly it will end up in a drawer soon and will have to fend for itself. The dare! is compatible with water-based lubrication.

The bad news about this vibe is that it is not waterproof, only splash-proof. Bummer, right? This vibe would have been the perfect little thing, if only if could withstand water on itā€™s base. For the price I think this vibe is a pretty good deal. It is made of good materials and has pretty strong vibrations. It is easy to use with itā€™s one soft touch button, which does not get in the way during play at all. It is also easy to get to the batteries. There is something great about the slight curve which makes it nice for clitoral play. I like this vibe. I think it a nice simple design that works. It would be good for beginners and couples new to toys.

Overall Rating: 8 out of 10 stars

Pros: Quiet, powerful, easy to use, economical.

Cons: Not waterproof, no storage pouch, not quite enough curve for G-spot.

Bottom Line: This vibe would be a functional addition to any collection.

:medal_sports: by @VeganHoney, 10 May 2013
Fun Factory Share Silicone Double Dildo

Multi-dimensional pleasure

This is the most expensive toy I have ever bought, but when I first saw it a couple of years ago I knew I had to have it. It can look intimidatingly large, but in fact is a reasonably, usable ā€˜averageā€™ size.

A few facts about my uses for this product: I have used this toy both with a female partner and alone. I have been both the ā€˜giverā€™ and the ā€˜receiverā€™. I am yet to use this toy anally or with a male-bodied partner.

Now back to the good stuff:

I have never really been that into giving normal strap-on sex with me wearing a strap on. It can make me feel self-conscious, as the movements I make feel like theyā€™re based on what I think might feel good for someone else rather than any physical feedback for me. I love the ā€˜feedbackā€™ element of this toy - it feels like an extension of my body. I find the ā€˜bulbā€™ end makes me feel satisfyingly full with some pressure against the ā€˜G spotā€™, whilst the lower part of the external shaft nestles against the vulva and clitoris for further stimulation.

I find that whether giving or receiving it seems to be best for the wearer to be lying on their back so that they can use their thighs to keep it in. We find that the weight of the shaft, angle, and the combination of movement and lubrication can cause it to ā€˜fall outā€™ at inopportune moments. The bulb part is quite large so this can feel uncomfortable. A solution to this is to find a harness with an O-ring - fitting the harness on over the top whilst the toy is already inserted. Not everyone may find this is necessary, but we/I do.

The addition of a harness allows for a much more full range of positions, and means that the toy can be quite tightly fitted against the wearerā€™s clitoris/pubic bone. Which can be pretty good.

For solo use: the ā€˜bulbā€™ end acts as quite a good handle when using the shaft end! Equally, I sometimes enjoy using the bulb end inside me, and instead of thrusting it, squeezing against it or pressing the outside against me. You can tell they thoroughly tested this product as every element seems to work well with my anatomy.

This toy can easily be washed with hot water, or boiled to sterilise it. I am glad this product is available in black - I donā€™t personally like pink or purple toys much. I do find it attracts lint, so I keep it in a Lovehoney satin pouch a lot of the time.

Overall a high quality product that I envisage keeping in my toy box for years to come.

Pros: Everything!

Cons: ā€˜Bulbā€™ end can feel unwieldy, can fall out.

Bottom Line: Perfect for use with a partner or for self-stimulation.

:trophy: by @HappilyExperimenting, 13 Jun 2013
Lelo Mia 2 USB Rechargeable Clitoral Vibrator

New and improved, Lelo make their comeback

The Lelo Mia 2 was anticipated by all who had ever heard of the luxury sex toy brand. The original Mia was a slim discreet lipstick vibe and every travelling womanā€™s companion. Being USB-chargeable and having a lock function, there wasnā€™t anything Mia couldnā€™t do. That is, until her older sister stepped up to the mark.

The Lelo Mia 2 arrives in a slimmer, taller box than the original. Maybe the designers are ā€œrolling with the timesā€ and going for a supermodel look? Anyway, I took off the outer sleeve (which featured a picture of the Lelo Mia 2 and a few sentences of information about the vibe) and got down to inspecting the contents of the sturdy inner box which I think is made of very firm cardboard. Lelo have gone all-out in making first impressions count: the Lelo Mia 2 sits with its lid firmly attached - the original Mia stored the cap and the vibe separately, so the USB charging port was always exposed. Now the Mia 2 really looks like a vibe when you remove the lid to the box!

The box also contains a sachet of Leloā€™s personal moisturising lubricant, a small satin drawstring bag (black) an instruction guide and a Lelo Authenticity Card. You definitely feel as though you have been spoiled which makes it worth the full Ā£39.99 price tag alone. I do feel as if Lelo could have included a USB extension charging cable if they truly wanted to impress but what household doesnā€™t have one these days?

I purchased the black Mia 2 and was as equally impressed by the smooth plastic as I was by my original Mia; the quality of the vibe is outstanding especially now you can fully submerse it in water when you clean it - amongst other things! The new Miaā€™s silver band around the ā€˜handleā€™ of the vibe now extends to inside the vibratorā€™s USB charging section, which contributes towards the waterproof aspect of the vibe.

The controls are the same as the original but the manual does not explicitly tell you how to change modes and is a bit difficult to work out. I am still experimenting with my Mia 2 and playing with the modes so Iā€™m not much help here. I think you press the + button for more than two seconds to have it change vibration modes but Iā€™m not entirely sure. I only really use this vibe on the continuous modes anyway but itā€™s nice to have the option of patterns. The Lelo Mia 2 so far has classier packaging, a great waterproof feature and also has the same little niggles about changing vibrations modes as the original - but wait - I thought it was more powerful!? Yes, it is.

Breathe a sigh of relief there, readers. The original Mia was quite powerful as a clitoral stimulator but this one is so much better! It does have comfortable, slow vibrations on the lower end of the scale which help tease up to the point where I can turn it up to the higher settings to tip me over the edge! At the end of the day Iā€™m glad there is more power. Bluntly put, it helps speed up my orgasms and gives me more intense sensations.

The Lelo Mia 2 is couple-friendly and would make a great first toy for women with partners as it is not intimidating at all. The lipstick-shaped vibe will go unnoticed in hand luggage for you travelling girls out there and it is fully lockable for the trip to Australia - just make sure you hold the two buttons down together until the white light flashes and it becomes locked. It will save its charge and you will touch down in the outback ready for some fun. Its waterproof finish means we never need to worry about lube dripping everywhere again and itā€™s ready for play when we are. The ninety minutes playtime suits me just fine after fully charging. Whatā€™s not to like?

Pros: Rechargeable, discreet, easy to clean, waterproof, 10 year quality guarantee, packaging.

Cons: Slippery when wet. What? Iā€™m allowed to nitpick! :wink:

Bottom Line: The ultimate luxury clitoral vibrator.

:medal_sports: @MrsMcX, 21 Jun 2013
Livia Corsetti Khyati Fishnet Back Seam Tights

Amazing

When I first opened the packaging I was a bit sceptical, they looked so small, and being a size 12-14 I thought the fishnet would look overly stretched and awful on me. Boy was I wrong!

When I first put them on it felt amazing! The quality is amazing, the fishnet isnā€™t the typical plasticy feel that comes with fishnet, but a luxurious soft fabric that is indescribably soft! I was worried the design wouldnā€™t fit in the right places but it was perfect. Thereā€™s patterning on the lowest part of your leg that looks delicate and elegant, and as you go up, the pattern at the top fits perfectly in the right place and looks so much like suspender stockings with a massive hit of elegance, class and naughtiness all at the same time!

For someone who is quite body conscious at times, I can honestly say I have never felt more amazing than when Iā€™m wearing these! I feel like they have been tailor made just for me, and my OH certainly thought the same when he caught a glimpse!

What is as added bonus with these, is they wouldnā€™t look out of place out of the bedroom, in fact they look like highly expensive tights that you could wear for any occasion. Wear them in the bedroom first though, then when you next wear them out, your OH will know exactly whatā€™s in store for him when you get home!

Pro: Quality, material, elegance, fit.

Cons: Nothing at all.

Bottom Line: These make you feel amazing. A must have!

:medal_sports: by @Throbbingone100, Jun 2013
Flight by Fleshlight Male Masturbator

Awesome suction

Iā€™ve had a Pink Lady Fleshlight for years. The Flight is very different. The internal texture, lumps, bumps, changes in circumference all combine to create an intensely pleasurable experience.

But the biggest difference is how good a seal is created by the end cap. If you have average girth or above, youā€™ll need a lot of lube to get all the way in. If you then screw the cap fully closed and try and pull out, the suction is phenomenal. Itā€™s virtually impossible to pull your penis out - this may also be to do with the internal landscape of the flight. Even moving slightly in and out with the cap screwed closed is almost unbearably sensual.

Completely different (but equally pleasurable) sensations can be achieved by loosening or completely removing the cap. I came so hard the first time I used this, I canā€™t recommend it highly enough.

Other good points are the ice (translucent) colour and the quality case.

I wouldnā€™t necessarily say this is better than the ā€˜traditionalā€™ Fleshlight, just very different. Put it this way: Iā€™m not going to throw my old one awayā€¦

The Pink Lady Fleshlight is closer to vaginal sex, but the flight is more intense.

Pros: Awesome suction, ice colour, internal texture, build quality.

Cons: Nothing - it really is very good.

Bottom Line: If you want intense orgasms, get a Flight.

:medal_sports: by @KittyStar, 04 Jun 2013
Doc Johnson Wonderland Pleasurepillar 10 Function Silicone Vibrator

Pleasurepillar-ific

Everything about this collection screamed out at me from the first time I saw it. This is one of the three that I knew I was going to buy (regardless of bad reviews in all honesty). I pretty much expected not to enjoy it in anything except aesthetics.

I should say that prior to the Pleasurepillar Iā€™d bought the Kinky Kat, so I knew what I was in for with regards to the vibration strength, modes and speeds. The only potential downpoint for me (that I could suss from reviews) was going to be the shape. This strangely shaped vibe could talk the talk but could it walk the walk?

For me it did, but let me explain why.

As far as a clitoral vibrator goes itā€™s wonderful. I found that the straighter edge and nub on the ā€œheadā€ is superb for that kind of orgasm.

Personally I didnā€™t buy this vibe for the G-spot aspect. It seems as if it would be too short and strangely shaped for internal use. Seeing it in person hasnā€™t changed my opinion on this either. Therefore I canā€™t comment on how effective it is in that department, but if you forget the G-spot label think of it as a funky character shaped ā€œbulletā€ then you wonā€™t be let down.

Those lumps, bumps and nubs that I was initially concerned about are beyond satisfying when combined with the functions! Said functions are relatively varied - 3 are essentially constant vibrations at different speeds while the rest are assorted patterns. While they arenā€™t the strongest vibrations in the entire world I do find them pleasurable and a nice contrast to the likes of my smart wand and more powerful ā€œin your faceā€ toys.

I also adore the signature white light that his range has around the rim of the power button, very snazzy in the dark! Nice touch.

The Pleasurepillar is easy to clean - a little sex toy cleaner and water will do the trick, just be mindful to get in the grooves of the main body (which is not difficult to do).

Conclusion:

I donā€™t have a single regret about splurging on this one and I canā€™t understand all the hate for this toy when the rest of the range gets good reviews across the board. Each to their own though!

I loved my Pleasurepillar despite the initial worries. Anything from this range would make a wonderful introductory gift to sex toys!

Pros: Character reference, 10 modes, shape, material, easy to clean.

Cons: Potentially awkward for G-spot use.

Bottom line: Cute and effective clitoral vibrator.

:medal_sports: @Winter_Is_Coming, 17 Jun 2013
Tracey Cox Supersex

Tracey Cox Supersex

Highly recommended

Like other reviewers on this site, my girlfriend and I have purchased many similar books to this one in the past. We werenā€™t looking for anything in particular from this product but we are big fans of Tracey Coxā€™s range of toys and wanted to hear more about her ideas.

The danger with some of these books is the tendency for them to become dry biology textbooks containing anatomical diagrams and basic overviews of the male/female body. This book is nothing at all like that! Those familiar with Tracey Cox will find her usual brand of witty humour from beginning to end making it a light enjoyable read which can be easily picked back up for instant inspiration.

The book itself is split into seven well structured sections (Please, Tease, The Moanzone, Hot & Heavy, Softspots, Fleshfest and Supersexpert) with insightful comments and interesting facts on a variety of subjects and lots of classy black and white prints illustrating her points throughout. This book is really honest and engaging, with lots of exciting tips and tricks that we were quick to try out! You may think you know it all and that you donā€™t need advice but this book is extremely fascinating, both for the experienced and up-and-coming sexpert. It may cover information that may be familiar to some, but Tracey Coxā€™s constant enthusiasm and genuinely honest advice makes this book a refreshing break from other similar guides available on the market.

Overall, a great buy and a brilliant read. We didnā€™t find ourselves bored at all, even when reading over basic information. The attractive layout, clear structure and big pictures make it easy to navigate and flick through together. Tracey Cox is truly an expert in this field and her passion is clearly visible from the beginning to the end of this book! Highly recommended!

Pros: Interesting, enjoyable and filled with fun ideas and tips!

Cons: It does cover some old ground but always in a passionate and engaging way.

Bottom line: Excellent! Definitely my favourite book on the subject out there.

:trophy: by @DavidB1986, 18 Jul 2013
TENGA 3D Module Male Masturbator

TENGA 3D Module Male Masturbator

Just as good, if not better than the TENGA eggs

After trying out the multipack of TENGA eggs, I decided that I wanted something a bit more permanent - as the eggs technically are single use, but with a bit of care you can reuse them, only they lose their shape and will eventually split - and then I came across (pardon the pun) the TENGA 3D - beautifully designed and packaged (like all of TENGAā€™s products) in 5 delightful textures. I got these as they were on offer as part of the 3 for Ā£50 a while back (a bargain when usually they are Ā£33 each!). My husband was very keen to try these (we have both the Module and the Pile) and they did not disappoint. They donā€™t look like a sex toy, in fact when packaged, they almost look like works of modern art - you could happily leave them on the bedside and no one would be any the wiser.

So we settled down into bed that night, we both chose our sleeve (he took this one, I took the Pile) and we laid at opposite ends of the bed. In the base of the stand, was a generous sachet of TENGA lube, which was promptly squirted inside the sleeve (once it was turned inside out) and then we began. The sensation(s) were amazing, the texture caresses every inch of you, and it was so extremely hot watching him stroke and vice versa.

When you finish, you simply turn it back inside out, wash with warm water/toy cleaner, and then put back on itā€™s stand to dry and then youā€™re ready to go again.

TENGA may not be the cheapest, but you are paying for quality, and I have just finally ordered on of their 'Flip Holeā€™s and the new pack of eggs, so itā€™s going to be a very good weekend!

Pros: Discreet, Intense, Sturdy, Lots of fun!

Cons: Nothing!

Bottom Line: Vast improvement over the eggs, lots of fun!

:medal_sports: by @LouieLouie, 01 Jul 2013
Rechargeable We-Vibe Touch Personal Massager Silicone Vibrator

Housework never the same again

When I spotted this intriguing-looking little vibe it struck me immediately that itā€™d be great to use with my strap-on set, inside a pair of snug-fitting knickers, so that I get to join in the fun a bit more. Iā€™ve been wondering how to improve the experience, so I decided to give it a try.

It looks like a sensuously smooth silicone tongue. I was delighted to find that it arrived already quite well-charged, so I was able to try it out straight away. With my boyfriend at work Iā€™d little immediate use for the strap-on harness, so I just switched on the Touch, popped it in my pants, and started walking around. As Iā€™d been halfway through tidying the sitting room when the parcel arrived, I decided to carry on with that whilst conducting my test run!

The vibrations, combined with the movement, were delectable. Inside a pair of knickers with jeans over the top the Touch stayed in place very well, with the amount of contact and strength of vibration shifting as I moved. The vibrations arenā€™t hugely strong, but I found thereā€™s a certain advantage in that ā€“ strong vibrations are really exciting, of course, but are also quite tiring when used for too long. I could have put up with the Touchā€™s tickling and teasing all morning.

Iā€™ve since tried it in a more straightforward way, and itā€™s a lovely shape for intimate stimulation. Thereā€™s a slight indentation on the rear of the tongue, which cups the clitoral area really nicely. On my boyfriend, the end that comes to a rounded point is good for stimulating under the head of his penis. Iā€™ve also tried it with the strap-on, and it made it a lot more fun for me! Without my jeans to hold it in place it did move around a bit in my knickers, but by holding it in place with one of my hands we managed a very nearly-simultaneous orgasm the first time we tried it. Himself also likes to be massaged with it between the shoulders when he comes home from a long day hunched over a computer, he finds it relieves the muscle tension really well.

The Touch is the quietest vibe Iā€™ve owned, I doubt it would be audible even through a door. There are eight different vibration patterns; we havenā€™t experimented much yet, as we usually end up using the constant setting anyway, but some will enjoy the variations. We found that a charge lasts at least through a session of around half an hour - and possibly longer than that, we havenā€™t really tested it out fully yet.

The unit, which is beautifully-made, is waterproof and very easy to clean, with the charger completely separate and attached to the toy by magnets. Iā€™m familiar with this system from my Fun Factory vibe, but I did find the magnets on the Touch less strong and therefore less easy to keep in place. I had to fiddle around with the cable a bit, to get it into a position where there was no tension on the magnets to pull them away. A small gripe, though, and not something that would have put me off even if Iā€™d been aware of it before buying.

In summary: a fab addition to a collection if youā€™re happy with slightly more subtle vibes and donā€™t need your socks knocking off with a pneumatic drill; great to use in conjunction with other toys.

Pros: Shape, build quality, versatility, quietness.

Cons: Slightly fiddly to attach charger.

Bottom Line: Really useful little vibe.

:medal_sports: by @SkinnyDip, 21 Jul 2013
iCollection Satin and Eyelash Lace Overlay Corset

Silver satin and black lace, oh my

When I opened my package from Lovehoney, I gasped audibly. Simply put, this is a gorgeous piece of lingerie.

The silver satin is really nice quality without being too stiff and the black trim is so incredibly soft. The whole garment is lined with ultra-soft material. What I love most is how the black trim contrasts against the silver satin. As someone who owns a lot of brightly coloured lingerie, I really love how simple, elegant and classic this piece is.

The corset laces up from the back with black satin ribbons. One of the great things about this piece is that it is highly adjustable. When I first pulled it out of itā€™s package I was worried that it might be too small, however after loosening the ribbons a bit I was able to find the right fit for me.

As you can see from the photo, thereā€™s also a modesty panel that you can either leave in place or push to the side, depending on whether you want your bare skin to show through behind the laces.

I absolutely love how this piece fits! Although I was little worried that the cups might be slightly too small for me, when I finally put on the garment everything just worked. The underwire gives me some nice cleavage and I love how the structure of the corset nips in at the waist.

I wanted to re-create the look shown in the product photo, so I paired the set with my favourite pair of fish-net stockings and (to keep things appropriate) a pair of black bathing suit bottoms. The nice thing about this set, is that you donā€™t have to wear it with the matching panties. Next time I wear this, Iā€™ll likely pair it with my favourite pair of black lace boy shorts. I had so much fun dressing up in this set that I actually forgot to attach the garters!

I love the silver and black lace design and the flattering fit of this corset, but most of all I love how it makes me feel: classy, sexy and confident. Because of this, I know that this is a piece of lingerie Iā€™m likely to keep coming back to again and again.

Pros: Gorgeous design, great fit, very sexy.

Cons: The matching thong is a bit flimsy and doesnā€™t have a gusset.

Bottom Line: Awesome piece that makes you feel sexy and confident!

:medal_sports: by @RexTheDog, 25 Jul 2013
Fun Factory Cobra Libre Luxury Male Vibrator

Incredible

Like a cruel dominatrix, it kept me on edge.

Throbbing away, it kept me rock hard for well over an hour but not once would it permit me a glimpse of satisfaction. All I needed was a little extra push but it wouldnā€™t give it to me. How unfair. How disappointing.

We repeated the exercise a few more times but to the same end: complete frustration. Accordingly, the Cobra Libre was tossed in a drawer and left to gather dust.

A few weeks passed and, in a moment of boredom, I decided to try it again. What harm could it do?

Wow. Fifteen minutes of pure pleasure followed by a ground shattering orgasm of an intensity quite unlike any other Iā€™d ever experienced. The Cobra Libre had left me shaking and completely breathless.

What had happened? Simple: I used a different lube. I had been using Durex Play (which is thick and kills the vibrations) but this time, I used a thinner one (Lovehoney Enjoy water-based lube). Quite a difference.

Anyway, what exactly is it? For the uninitiated, the Cobra Libre is a hands-free male vibrator. Lube it up, switch it on and lie back while it massages the sensitive frenulum on the underside of your penis. There are loads of different vibration patterns to choose from. Itā€™s soft and stretchy enough to accommodate just about any size of penis, itā€™s rechargeable with a long battery life and after youā€™re done, you just rinse it out under hot soapy water.

The Cobra Libre is perhaps the best premium male sex toy Iā€™ve ever used. Not cheap, but very, very good.

Pros: Hands-free and gave me an incredible orgasm.

Cons: Takes a while to charge and a little noisy.

Bottom Line: Amazing but needs the right lube.

:trophy: by @lmrlh, 10 Aug 2013
Pin Ups Betty Bombshell Balm in Cherry

Pin Ups Betty Bombshell Balm in Cherry

Female Viagra in a tin

This was included for free in my latest order. I reserved it until Iā€™d tried everything out first so that I could give a fair review of the toys, and good thing!

I often have a hard time getting in the mood. Though I often think about sex, it remains in my brain and never seems to affect my body. I remember the days when I regularly got horny and masturbated daily with longing. These days I can go a week or more without touching myself.

So, a mere day after being thoroughly exhausted by my new toy stash, I wasnā€™t expecting this balm to do much, what with my one week refractory period and all. I was wrong. It instantly tingled on application, and a warmth spread through the area which made me instantly aroused. Blood was flowing to the area, my clit was throbbingā€¦ I was getting horny, whether my stupid brain chemistry liked it or not!

Letā€™s just say that Iā€™m exhausted again as we speak.

The balm itself is gorgeous. It smells good enough to eat, and melts and penetrates into the skin so that you donā€™t have to worry about the effect going away when things get slippery! Try not to be put off by the size - itā€™s truly a tiny amount of product, but all you need really is to dip a finger in, let the product melt, and then apply. I donā€™t even think I made a dent in mine despite a few applications.

At this price? With the lack of side effects? Iā€™d take this over lady Viagra, anyday! You totally rule for letting me try this for free, LH! <3

Pros: Effortless arousal and engorgement.

Cons: If the effect were a bit stronger, this would blow my mind.

Bottom Line: My title says it all!

:medal_sports: by @WildThing, 04 Aug 2013
TENGA Hard Boiled Egg Shiny

Bumps of brillianceā€¦ Perfection has hatched

The TENGA egg (Hard Boiled Shiny) is a beautifully designed masturbator, made with pleasure and simplicity in mind.

From the minute my egg hatched from its protective case, I was in love with its smooth shape, amazing feel of the material and bumpy interior. The toy was brilliantly packed in a discreet, egg shaped plastic container with a complimentary sachet of TENGA lube and instructions for use. In brief, crack it openā€¦ pour in the lubeā€¦ and stroke away!

The egg might be small, but it is incredibly pliable and stretched for the entire length of my manhood. It does seem as though the tip might break at any secondā€¦ But rest assured that it is more flexible and stronger than it appears. Inside a selection of waves, bumps and miniature ā€œcratersā€ milk at the head of the penis, while its stretchy skin allows for the feeling of hands through the material as well. In no time at all there was ā€œyolkā€ everywhere! (Actually, there wasnā€™t as the egg did a marvellous job of collecting this and retaining it inside!)

Which brings me to cleaning it. Technically, the TENGA egg range, is a one use toy, however, with careful cleaning under running water and turning the egg inside out to dry, I have been able to use the egg several times. I have no doubt that eventually it will split, but even with only 3 uses, it would still be worth the initial cost.

Overall, great as a little novelty toy. Obviously it is nowhere near the cost or has the longevity of a Fleshlight or TENGA masturbator sleeve, however it certainly has a place in the toy box!

Pros: Great feeling, super stretchy and no mess!

Cons: Shame it doesnā€™t last forever!

Bottom Line: Great little toy, ideal present with amazing interior!