Reviews - Choosing the star rating.

Would it be possible to let the user give a product an overall rating in a review instead of it being worked out by the answers given to the other criteria?

I think the weighting system doesn't work for all products. It places a great emphasis on the orgasm rating of a toy but not so much on the quietness. If you order a super quiet toy for the purpose of being quiet it doesn't really justify a 5* just because it gets you off.

I sometimes re-jig reviews to give it the bottom line it deserves. Another example is some products only have a 'fun factor' and 'romance factor' but some things might not at all be romantic and you wouldn't expect it to be. For example this:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=10662

I imagine this gets worse reviews than it should because it's not romantic although it makes no attempt to be.

I'd much prefer to be able to judge how important each criterion is by deciding the overall score as well as the suggest topics.

I have just written a review and think this would be a great idea as in my case i feel the product score will be bumped up higher than it actually deserves as it is silent!

Yes - there have been instances where I think that an "orgasm rating" is not even relevant, and maybe it should be asking how much it turned you on. Things with low level vibrations for example, that don't really give orgasms by themselves but facilitate after, itswim? Like love eggs etc.

telemachus wrote:

Yes - there have been instances where I think that an "orgasm rating" is not even relevant, and maybe it should be asking how much it turned you on. Things with low level vibrations for example, that don't really give orgasms by themselves but facilitate after, itswim? Like love eggs etc.

Indeed. Or some massager massagers (you know what I mean there right?).

Don't be so goal orientated LH!External Media

WandA wrote:

telemachus wrote:

Indeed. Or some massager massagers (you know what I mean there right?).

yes I do!

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Huh? Am I imagining things, cuz I thought you could pick the overall rating...

You pick like 6 green bars and the stars are decided by what you picked... If I'm wrong someone please tell me because otherwise I look a right tool now...

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

I dont think so.. Take a look the next time you write a review.. or try and write one to get to step 2 on a product. The overall rating is there!

Well so it is!

Why have I not noticed that? Has it always been there? I don't think it has been...

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Yep. Always been there as far as I'm aware. External Media

But I've added stars to products on things like orgasm rating and I'm sure it's changed the final result!

O dear. Mind blank over a few years...