Romantic/naughty getaway

Hello friends :-)

My girlfriend and I have got a week off together just before Christmas. Instead of gift giving we are treating ourselves to a few days away somewhere. We are considering a nice quiet secluded cottage in Scotland, and just spend most of our time in front of the fire place.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know of anywhere nice for a long naughty weekend. Feel free to share your naughty weekend away stories too.

Cheers guys x

Hi HairyMuse - that sounds really romantic - I love the idea of a secluded cottage and a roaring fire - hope you both have a fantastic time :) xx

Thank you. I'm sure we will x

This is a cottage I was going to go to. It has an outdoor hottub too.

http://www.rosecottagedevon.co.uk

We'r going away next weekend!

no kids, 2 days, 2 nights, and 2 lie ins!

cant wait!

Thanks blonde vixen. I might have a little nosey at that one. Sounds good. Why aren't you going?

Hope you have fun Mr and Mrs teddy.

X

Hairy muse we ran out of money. We are getting married next month so couldn't afford a naughty trip away x

Thanks,

I think we'r going to a hotel this time.

last year we went to a log cabin on a lake with its own hot tub. Only thing wrong with this story is there were 3 other couples there too! So not as much action as we'd have liked!

what area are you looking at?

1 Like

Congratulations blonde vixen. Hope you've got a great honeymoon planned then.

Thinking of either Scotland or Wales, basically the middle of nowhere.

There's a chalet type place up near loch lomand which we've seen before.

(Not been though)

And some log cabins with hot tubs, near snowdonia

(not been there either)

we like the idea of being secluded too

We are planning a weekend away, first time in 10 years without the kids!! Money is a bit tight, so just a couple of bargain nights at a premier inn, but looking forward to it so much!! Just to have the time together :)

We are planning a weekend away, first time in 10 years without the kids!! Money is a bit tight, so just a couple of bargain nights at a premier inn, but looking forward to it so much!! Just to have the time together :)

Glen Coe, a beautiful place or my favourite - West Cornwall, can walk along the cliffs/beaches, the waves crashing on the beach, wind in your face, smelling the fresh sea air, awsome!!

Aviemore has some really nice campsites in the surrounding forest with large cabins that are amazing, it's not exactly secluded but it's a lovely area and you're right next to the town which has some nice shops and restaurants. Also the Cairngorm hotel has live music on... Thursdays I think from an amazing local band. Walks into the cairngorms would be nice and scenic but maybe a bit more intense than what you would want.

If you're looking for more remote you could head to a much smaller village (--->> http://www.speyside.moray.org/Aberlour/accommoaberlour.htm) where there are some really amazing short easy walks along the Speyside way that are good and flat. Distilleries are also abundant in that area if you fancied a visit. The most remote on that list would be the ones at the bottom.

If you wanted more remote than Carron or Maggieknockater then I would suggest you get

* a tent.

We're staying in a log cabin in griffon forest in Yorkshire for valentines week. It's a premier one, just for the two of us, fire, outdoor hot tub, jacuzzi bath, four poster bed, champagne n red roses...very romantic :-) got visions of sitting in the hot tub with snow falling softly all around us while sipping champagne.

Last year we went to Haworth and it was so romantic! Nice little village, jacuzzi bath, four poster bed, gorgeous b&b with amazing food.

Have a look at hoseasons website, that's who we've booked the lodge in the forest through. Plenty of romantic ideas x

This place is fantastic, sometimes a bit pricey but really romantic and well equipped. Not sure if they have open fires or not but there is a range of lodges available that just make me drool looking at them. Ive been to one of these previously but a larger group so costs were split. It comes highly recommended by family and friends. Wherever you go, enjoy :)

http://www.piperdam.com/

1 Like

We go to one of the Mal Maison hotels http://www.malmaison.com/ I love these. We are slowly working our way through all the UK ones. The last one was Leeds and we had an excellent couple of days.

Cheers

We booked a lodge cabin for the new year but not in scotland in wales I cant wait. I just used google to fine a good place