Romantic Weekend Advice

Thanks again for the advice.

Hotel now booked, restaurant booked. Level of surprise decision can wait until nearer the time, but it's between taking a wide selection and taking her shopping, or Gunther's idea of stopping at home on the way.

option 1 for mne too. Bath is amazing. have you thought of booking into the bath spa. amazing views of the city and they do dinner too.

one day i hope my hubby would do the same.

StHubbins wrote:

Thanks again for the advice.

Hotel now booked, restaurant booked. Level of surprise decision can wait until nearer the time, but it's between taking a wide selection and taking her shopping, or Gunther's idea of stopping at home on the way.

Personally I don't think stopping quickly on the way is a good idea at all! I would be panicked and forget something, it would defo not start the trip on a good foot if that was me!!!! Too much stress. Shopping is a definite winner.

Yeah go straight and pack what you think she wants and offer to take her shopping for anything she needs, don't stop off or it'll be a disaster and if she's my OH will only get flustered.....

option 2 for me or gunthers idea as how would you pack her make up without her knowing? and not sure i woudl want someone choosing my clothes - depends if am having a fat week or not lol,

I work from home so I can get stuff ready while she's at work. Make-up is pretty safe as she keeps it in a case so I'll just bring that and I'm going to make sure I take photos of her every time we go out for a meal/to friends etc and I'll take the top 4 outfits. I'll take loads of shoes and jewellery, toiletries, perfume, etc.. I've gone with the suggestion of making a list which is coming along nicely.

I think it will work with the taking her shopping card. She loves shopping and we are literally hours from decent shops, so this should work in its own right. I've even worked out that this should be the perfect time of the month.

Of course this could be an absolute disaster, but the most romantic option is also the riskier option and if it all goes wrong, it won't be through lack of preparation.

Having started this thread ages ago this is actually happening on Friday. As suggested, I've made a list of things to take. I'd really appreciate a quick browse to tell me what I've missed/shouldn't take. Thanks

Dresses
Jeans
Nice underwear
sexy underwear
socks
t shirts
evening shoes
comfy shoes
coat
Scarf
necklaces
bracelets
earrings
makeup
perfume
toiletries
GHD
contact lenses
glasses
sunglasses
handbag
toys
towel
cuffs
blindfold
Massage oil
picnic meal
ice packs and coolbag
umbrella
phone chargers
Phone speaker

Don't forget hairbrush / hairspray, not sure if you've included that with toiletries.

When I'm packing I always work from my head downwards to make sure I haven't forgotten anything!

I hope you have a great time, such a lovely surprise :)

Added to the list. Thanks Delilah.

I need to pack my own stuff. Hubby is great, but something would get forgotten. I would prefer option 2

A complete surprise is definitely riskier, but she loves a surprise (if it's something she wants) so I think it's worth the risk.

When i proposed to Mrs h i had a hotel & restaurant booked. I knew when i told her we were going for dinner she'd instantly panic about what to wear, so i had a new dress, shoes & lingerie ready in the hotel room wardrobe. I knew her second big panic would be make-up etc so i literally packed the whole bathroom cabinet and everything else i could find around the house.
My advice; go for option 1, but leave nothing to chance!

I would also prefer to pack my own stuff - he would never know what to pack.

But, if you know her well enough, you should be able to take the essentials for her. And also it would be a good idea to take some hair accesories, if she uses such. I also like to have cotton buds with me. Also, does she use any pyjamas, night gowns?

P.S. Something else - does she take any pills? If yes, you should take these as well.

Thanks dh. We're going for 2 nights and I'm filling a suitcase plus she has free reign to buy anything else. This weekend won't fail from lack of preparation!

Ooooh tough one!!

In dreamland I'd love number 1, but in reality I would prefer number 2!

But if you DO go for option 1 remember the following:

Make Up - (minimum she will want foundation, mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow, eyebrow pencil, blusher, a few shades of lipstick, a small mirror)

Perfume

Toiletries - deoderant, toothbrush, tweezers etc

Day clothes (for all weather situations)

Evening clothes (including tights and jewellery)

At least 2 options of going out shoes - and make sure one pair is a pair you KNOW she wears as they're probably her 'comfyish' ones

Her favourite day shoes which 'go with everything'

Undies - practicle and sexy (think about the bra you have packed for her dress / evening wear. If you're unsure, pack several bras and a range of knickers - thong / full pants / tanga / high waisted etc)

Any toys you might want to play with ;)

Hairbrush / hairspray / hair accessories

Nail Varnish (if she wears it)

Phone charger

Camera and any gadgets she would want with her.

Hair straighteners / tongs

Anything which you know are her key comforts eg: hot water bottle? Eye mask? Ear plugs? Slippers?

PJ's (if you think she'll be wearing them!)

Handbags - if she has a 'work' bag. make sure you take her normal 'weekend / at home' bag. Also, don't forget to pack a smaller bag for going out if she usually uses one. Her favourite clutch or over the shoulder bag is perfect.

IF she doesn't carry them daily - her purse, ID, bank cards etc

And definitley don't pack light, it's WAY better to take too much than not enough. If you're stuck for outfits, maybe go through her facebook photos (or similar) and choose outfits which she's worn before and you know she looks / feels great in.

That's everything I can think of for now! HAVE FUN!! :D

You mentioned contact lenses so I hope you've got the cleaning solution too!
Also considering the current weather, perhaps an umbrella?

Great to see your meticulous plans for what your OH is going to wear - But don't forget yourself. What clothes does your OH like to see you in? Perhaps you could surprise your OH by wearing a new shirt - Or take DC's advice and wear a jumper!

Thanks again for the advice, especially Jess putting in the overtime.

Contact lenses are daily disposables, so that's fine and I'll take a brolly.

Good point about my own clothes. Hadn't really thought about that. It's starting to look like I might pack two suitcases, which is crazy for two nights, but I'll pack one with the things I think we need and a backup one which should be left in the car.

You should try to be around a couple of times when your Mrs is getting ready (especially for a night out) making mental notes of her routine and anything she uses

Ooh , i'm just so excited to hear how it goes :)