Romantic Weekend Advice

A question for the ladies (or image conscious men):

For a romantic weekend away would you rather:

1) Be completely surprised, collected from work and whisked away with your OH having packed the bags and picked all your clothes.

or

2) Be told that your going away and the temeperature and type of restaurants, but not the location, so that you can pack suitable clothes.

Any opinions would be much appreciated

I would prefer the first if its completely out of the blue but you have to remember to pack everything. And then some. If you pack the wrong things or forget something there would be trouble! Lol but overall it's a great story to tell :)

The first option is just so romantic. The issue with the second is that personally I'd get grumpy only knowing a bit becasue I'd still be unsure about what I should pack.

I would prefer the first option. It's more romantic and I don't have the stress of picking something out. Also if we ended up going out for a meal and I felt like a tramp I could blame you because you picked everything out! lolol. xx

But no kidding. Deffo the first. Just make sure she hasn't already made plans for that weekend.

I want to go for option one, pack loads of clothes and add the option to buy something if the clothes aren't suitable (it is her birthday).

First option just make sure you pack the right shoes bag to go with the right dress ect and remember you got to pack as if your other half and we don't pack light more is better than less

Perfect! If there's the option for shopping then there is really no problem in my mind haha! :) x

ooo yeah, grab toiletries (and toys lol) pick her up whisk her away and take her shopping!!!

Another vote for the first. *sigh/dreams*.

Thanks for the advice. I've got 8 weeks to organise it now, so might pop back for more advice nearer the time.

The first option as it is really romantic and sexy... As long as you remember the essentials, make up bag & all her toiletries, perfume etc. and don't forget the 'toy bag'!

I'd go for the first option. Make sure you pack all her essential toiletries, hair dryer, straighteners etc. (You could ask one of her girlfriends to help you if you are unsure of what exactly to pack)
Just remember shoes & handbags & perfume or your shopping trip could become very expensive!
Enjoy!

I'd go for number 1 as I love supersizes! =)

Mr Scorpius has just suggested that you start a secret checklist of things to pack for you and your OH for your trip. You can add to this list over the next 8 weeks taking the pressure off you to remember things at the last minute :)

StHubbins wrote:

I want to go for option one, pack loads of clothes and add the option to buy something if the clothes aren't suitable (it is her birthday).

sounds great to me

Scorpius12 wrote:

Mr Scorpius has just suggested that you start a secret checklist of things to pack for you and your OH for your trip. You can add to this list over the next 8 weeks taking the pressure off you to remember things at the last minute :)

Great idea, thanks to Mr Scorpius for that

This sounds like a lovely idea. But am I really the only one who'd go for option 2?

I'm pretty sold on option. I've done option two in the past and if option one works it couyld be great.

Pretty much decided on Bath, so I can offer to take her clothes shopping if I bring the wrong clothes. Also, we can drive there, so I can take a LOT of stuff.

List to start you off

Hide a bag somewhere she wouldnt look for my best mates 30th I txt the hubby a list of things to pack and he did a little bit each day and hide the case in the shed as it was his shed she had no idea.

Make up

Perfume

Pjs

Bra & knickers (matching)

Stockings

Toys

Things disappearing little by little she wont miss

If you've got 8 weeks then use the time to see which of her things she uses the most so you have a good diea of what toiletaries/make-up etc to pack. Don't start hording them together just yet though. 8 weeks of wondering 'oh now where did I put that' won't be fun for her.

Bath sounds like a lovely place to get away to, sure you'll have a great time.

compromise solution....get the tickets.....put the empty suitcase in the bedroom, pick her up from work, as you go in the house tell her she has 10 minutes to pack lol