Secret Wishlist Shopping

Hi,

I just wondered whether anyone has used the secret Wishlist shopping or had anything bought for them?

I love the idea of something unexpected turning up!

LA

A lot of people here are gifted by others in the community.

I think its a wonderful idea that lovehoney do it. It really does brighten up your day!

la_loves wrote:

Hi,

I just wondered whether anyone has used the secret Wishlist shopping or had anything bought for them?

I love the idea of something unexpected turning up!

LA

+1

Gives me a great feeling to gift someone something and it's a wonderful surprise if you're lucky enough to receive a gift :)

Never received anything or had the money to gift yet, but the dream is there :p

Thanks for the replies! I think its a great idea and I've emailed my wishlist to my OH, maybe shopping won't be so tricky for him from now on!! :)

LA

I've had a few gifts and also gifted many a time :) I love getting something as a surprise but its better if they let me know who they are after ;)

And actually gifting makes me happier than getting to be honest! I just dont have the money for either now for a good few months

I have been gifted by a few lovely members, and I have sent about 4 or 5 myself. I have 3 people I still really want to gift but don't have the money right now, hopefully on pay day!

I do it purely because I have some good friends on here now, and I like to show them that they're appreciated. It's completely turned my mood around when friends have gifted me in the past, so I hope that by gifting some members on here it brings them a little bit of happiness, even if it only lasts a few minutes :)

I started using wishlists as a way to keep track of the items that I'm interested in purchasing myself. After finding out that my partner had used it as a guide to find what to buy me, it's now even better!

Would feel great to treat others as well, but being a student, money is a problem!

there is another tread that pops up sometimes where people share they have been gifted... I call it the good karma thread. Such a positive community of people on here, glad I found LH.

Ink and Kink wrote:

A lot of people here are gifted by others in the community.

I think its a wonderful idea that lovehoney do it. It really does brighten up your day!

I completely agree, lovehoney has incredible customer service & runs a top class company. I would be proud to be a member of the LH team xxxx

I have never received a girt from any of you lovelies, however it would make me along with anyone else who received a gift feel extremely special 😊 🎁
Hope you all keep enjoying your gifts lovelies zxxx

Sounds like gift hunting to.

I actually gifted someone yesterday! And have more gifts to gwt but lack of moneys at the minute sucks! had to fork out on underwear as all mine decided it was going to shrink to toddler size xD I was walking around braless for a few days. Wouldn't mind but I treated myself already this week on several occasions :')

Next week I will be getting a couple more gifts I hope :)

Stuburns wrote:

Sounds like gift hunting to.

Incorrect I would never do anything like that. It's pure taking advantage. If you knew me you would realise that. I have only used forums for a couple of months and am still finding my feet, I don't know if it's because there's so much too be explored, or because I use my mobile, or the most likely my lack of knowledge on social sites, this is the first one I have used because the fantastic service & like minded people who openly talk about sex, & the great advice from all the lovely people in this forum. Back to topic there is one person on here who's gave me super advice on a few occasions who I would love to gift as a thank you, cash is tight atm with my step daughters & my da's b'days 3 days apart so I have alot to buy, saying that I will get round to it

The whole concept of gifting is a great idea. Lately it has been creating a few issues with a few people being gifted and of course a common response is to gift back whether you can afford it or not. Gifting isn't about receiving back but general human nature is to do so. If you read some recent threads you get a feel that people have money issues but continue to spend just to gift. Seems it can be a great thing and then the flip side. Sometimes a thank you to a specific person can also mean a lot. 👍🏼

It certainly is a lovely idea, I didn't know anything about any issues with gifting.like I've said previously it's taken me awhile (I'm not sure I've sussed it yet) to get used to the forums. I did read the rules, openly admit I have made a couple of silly errors with my posts for example - starting a new thread when one already existed without realising! I know what you mean about it being common courtesy to gift back, well maybe common courtesy is the wrong way of putting it, what I mean is if someone buys you a present like family, friend's naturally you also buy them something, same applies with anyone. I've just never experienced anything like this where you can gift, but I'm not experienced with social sites. I also think a personalised out thank you goes a long way :)

There used to be a tick box to show gift options at checkout.
Ticking the box gave the purchaser the option to add a note to the delivery. This button disappeared from my checkout screen ages ago now.

It is my opinion that gifting be anonymous since then no reciprocal obligation is creation, and also, 3rd parties are less likely to suffer detrimental esteem issues if anonymity of gifting is maintained.

sinenomine wrote:

Absolutely agree with you, Subby.

Plus 1