SEXBOX.... Channel 4 does it again

It annoyed me so much the way he was speaking to them and belittling them. Like when one of the gay men joked about something, and he said "well you responded with a joke, so I'll ask the question again..." A lot of people joke in uncomfortable situations and he didn't show any sympathy for what a big step they were going through.

It also annoyed me how when the first straight couple were on and they were taking about threesomes, and the guy said something like "it would obviously be another woman" as if the thought of another man repulsed him. I found that so insensitive, and rude that he would think its fine for his girlfriend to take part in a same sex act, but wouldn't dream of doing the same himself.

I was very dissapointed in this. The whole thing seemed to be pointless and the couples on there seemed embarassed to talk openly about what happened in the box. The married man at the end was asked about what did you do apart from intercourse and his reply was fore play and some other stuff that I want to keep private!
A bit too general... not sure what the viewers learned from that??

I missed it but it sounds like it wasn't too great. Will maybe watch it on 4od later

It was just awful. Really awkward and I also found hodson to be very rude and embarrassed the couples. Everyone was so embarrassed you could hardly even understand what some people were saying at times. What a let down.

I missed it, sound's like a disaster. Glad I went to bed early and had my own sexbox.

the program to me was pointless, i switched over almost straight away, glad to hear it didnt get much better ,i was really hoping for something more than what was given i guess they need to get a few people from lovehoney on there we would show them a thing or two lol :)

where can I watch it?

afman wrote:

where can I watch it?

catch up TV or 4Od.

thanks mrs average~

It seems that Channel 4 have a sex season every couple of years and every couple of years it disappoints.

To be honest I stopped watching after the first 15 minutes, I felt one person was very patronising (Dan?), my libido has gone, having hormonal sore breasts, and felt I can't be bothered won't catch up either, I'd rather come on here advice I've had is brilliant and this forum is fun.

It sounds like the train wreck I thought it was going to be.

To be honest, I don't see the point in it - surely you would have gotten the same thing by just inviting couples on to talk about their sex lives?

I can't even begin to image the immense pressure of having sex in a small box, knowing there are people outside waiting to hear about what you got up to. I personally think it's a poor premise, executed even more poorly.

Just sounds like another case of Channel 4 sensationalist programming designed to purely get a reaction out of people, not inform or educate people about sex.

Don't know if I want to catch up on it or not now lol. Xx

Kitten cub, I couldn't agree more.
There are far more frank, open and informative discussions about sex, relationships and kinks on this forum and it's fun friendly and not cringe worthy. The trouble is there is far more freedom on an internet forum for people to talk about what they want to without sensorship, time restrictions or having to adhear to strict schedules so TV can't compete.

I wondered if the couples really had sex inside that box or just sat in there for what they thought seemed a respectable amount of time before coming out. Most of them seemed a bit embarrassed to go into detail about the sort of sex they had which defeated the object of the programme a bit.

Philip Hodson came across as a bit rude and insensitive, Tracey Cox was good as always and so was the other chap( can't remember his name )

Basically the show didn't really tell us anything new and was a bit of a waste of time, I also agree that this forum is far more informative and certainly not critical !

Did they make it truly realistic i.e. with a TV playing Match of the Day and a telephone for a relative to ring just at the point of climax?

It would have been more entertaining if they had !

I think a big problem is "real sex" isnt done for the camera/speakers, probably boring for those not involved.

Yeah I think you're right . The box thing was a waste of time, they may as well have just had a straight forward programme talking honestly about sex.

I've just caught up on the show and gosh, disappointing or what?!

I agree completely with mrs average and MissCar, there was far too much generality and embarrasment for people that supposedly put themselves in that position in order to be open and honest. Sadly it seems to have missed the point entirely.

Although it is leading to these kinds of discussions and that's a good thing right?