SEXBOX.... Channel 4 does it again

mrs average wrote:

Kitten cub, I couldn't agree more.
There are far more frank, open and informative discussions about sex, relationships and kinks on this forum and it's fun friendly and not cringe worthy. The trouble is there is far more freedom on an internet forum for people to talk about what they want to without sensorship, time restrictions or having to adhear to strict schedules so TV can't compete.

Thank you for your support, I'm not having a good time at the moment, I can't even get interested in toys which are very much treasures, David is brilliant and gives me lots of suport.

glad to here most have the same opinon about the show i couldnt believe it, beinv a counsellor myself i felt the pschotherapist really let the team down, using counselling techniques ( reflective words and thoughts and power phrases) really didn't make the show flow or feel natural, I think this show was on same level as a sex talk from mum and dad. Please give up channel 4 some things just best alone

mrs average wrote:

I was very dissapointed in this. The whole thing seemed to be pointless and the couples on there seemed embarassed to talk openly about what happened in the box. The married man at the end was asked about what did you do apart from intercourse and his reply was fore play and some other stuff that I want to keep private!
A bit too general... not sure what the viewers learned from that??

I agree couldn't say it better than you have.

I didn't watch it, wasn't interested TBH.

What can they possibly do on TV that most people on here haven't already contemplated?

Watched it and thought it was a load of rubbish to be fair.

Didnt think they went that into the questions and didnt find any of it informative at all. Nothing that i dont already know anyway.

I think i expected the questions to be alot more deeper asking stuff like what they are into what they like and what they dont like. What their thoughts are about the meaning of sex.

This whole idea sounds rubbish - voyeurism without the peep-hole - the 'box' a pure gimmick. They could be playing chess in there for all it mattered.

In the late 90s Channel 5 had a shot at producing worthwhile sex programmes, complete with reasonably explicit demos (we got into pegging thanks to one such) however, they got so much flack from the rubbish press about it that I doubt any mainstream TV channel will go there again in a hurry - more's the pity.

Anyway, to my mind there is nothing better than the anonymity the internet offers as an environment for people to be open an honest about sex. OK, I know there are problems with fantasists who sometimes try to pass off their fantasies as real (male chastity, for example, seeming to be an area that suffers this a lot) however, there is always a balancing mass of rational opinion against which to measure this stuff.

Just watching this now, not expecting much after reading this thread though. x

I thought it was ok.. Loved Tracey Cox's tip to change one thing every time you have sex like room,position etc to keep things spicy x

I was really looking forward to watching it, an interesting idea that people will be more honest about it when it's on their mind. Sadly I felt, as most of you did, the program was a bit of a let down. Was certainly expecting something a lot more informative, frank and open but they all seemed embarressed. Couldn't help thinking some of us would have been much better suited to it! I can understand some people find it difficult but in that case, don't do it :P

To be honest the way I saw it was they had 3 experts allegedly on there and I have found more information about matters on these very forums then what that programmd shown.

It was like the host was. "so did you have sex?"
Well isn't the programme called sexbox?

I thought it was going to be utterly pointless and judging by the reaction it was as bad as I thought! I will watch it though

I didn't like the whole show to be honest. There was no need for the couples to have sex in a box before the questions were asked, they could have been asked without the sex, I think the sex was onlt there to attract viewers.

I didnt like some of the panel and found the show extremely boring! It didn't tell me anything I didn't know or needed to.

I must admit I actually preferred watching gogglebox- the television programme reaction show, and watching the publics reaction to sexbox- nobody seemed thrilled at watching it :)

I just watched the first episode and thought it was great! Finally people talking about real sex... bravo

wouldnt like to clean that box out every time someone had been in there, was pretty funny to watch though :)