Sexomnia (Sleep Sex)

Just wondered if anyone else is familar with this?

Here is my story on it:-

Was just about to fall asleep one night while spooning with my partner who was already sleeping (and snoring), when he started to grind against me & rub me basically insinuating sex, me being me went along with it and we stripped off & had sex, he woke up as he came we both had a laugh about it & went to sleep. It happened a few more times (only when we slept in a spooning position) he swears hes asleep every time and I believe him as he is normally snoring to start off with. I had never heard of this before so I googled sleep sex & yes ! it is actually a condition called Sexomnia which causes someone to initiate sex or masterbate in their sleep ! It also does not seem to matter if we have already had sex that day/night.

I read a few other people storys and it has caused alot of problems but I love it & think its great ! :)

yep.....

usualy wake up during though

Yes I have done that with an Ex then woken up .

He normally wakes up during but we dont speak & just keep going !

I am familiar with this...

Cheers for replying guys & girls :)

Yeah i read of a few cases where people had been taken to court etc threw it.

My partners is in connection with his sleep apnea (which is the only annoying part)

me and my boyfriend have woken up while having sex. I also play with him while i sleep, ive given him permission to have sex with me while i sleep as i normally dont wake up, but if im already playing with him, i'm dreaming of sex so he tried it once while i was asleep and he said it was like i was awake. We can have sex during the day and just before i go to sleep and it will still happen. I've reasearched it and its normally down to a very high sex drive and no matter how much you have you still want more.

I'd really never heard of sexomnia before! I experienced him being awake and waking me up by making love to me.. but both being asleep would be a very interesting thing!

It's a 6 day per week thing for me. I've been doing it myself with my girlfriend since about 2010, but back then it was just once or twice a month. Now it's literally almost every night, and whilst my girlfriend has reassured me that she doesn't really mind, I do not like doing such things at all whilst I'm asleep and unaware.

Once or twice a month is funny, sexy, even a good memory. Every night? It makes me feel that I'm not in control of myself.

I don't engage in full intercourse, usually it's grinding, kissing, massaging or climbing on top of the OH and I either wake up or just stop when my OH notices and gently pushes me back into a normal sleeping position.

The worst case happened when a then-recent ex was staying overnight and we were sleeping in the same bed (no sex or intimacy, and this was before my current girlfriend). I woke up on top of her with her underwear in my hands. Had she not been understanding and trusting I could have been looking at a rape accusation since she had not heard of the problem before, and that was a time when it still happened rarely. It was still awkward enough explaining it to her because she initially took it as a sign I suddenly wanted to get back into a full relationship again.

One thing I will say is that from my experience, it has no correlation with sex drive. My sex drive has been extremely low to honestly non-existant due to circadian rhythm abnormalities, depression and the hormone mess the two have caused, and yet I have sexomnia 6 nights a week.

Yep, we've had sex in our sleep. It usually happens when OH has been away for work and I have not seen him in a while. :)

happens fairly often i love it. Make sure you talk to your OH as the morning after my OH cant remember anything and it doesn't make him feel good xx