Should we downsize?

Last year I bought my wife this

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15111

We've only used it the once. Its hopefully getting a run out again this weekend. After discussing my wife said she felt it was too much and also a bit painful. She is only 5ft 2 and pretty slim.

Have i been completely unrealistic and overshot the mark? My thoughts for the weekend where to try some foreplay with fingers and try and 'warm her up' down below before going in for the big fella. That and use shit loads of lube and let her penetrate herself. I did it last time and I was very slow but perhaps she'll be even slower.

Should I give up if we've can't get it right this time? Any tips. She did say she was willing to try with a smaller one if no joy - any suggestions? It needs to be suction cup as I want her to be able to ride it hands free ( part of my fantasy ). I love her so much for being willing to try again. Seems a shame to chuck it after one go

I wouldn't chuck it out, but I would consider getting a smaller one and using that for awhile, before trying the bigger one again. That might help.

Also let her try it whilst you watch. I don't have a suggestion for a smaller one, i kept looking at one not so long ago, but when I went back to buy it I couldn't find it so if you do find a smaller one with a suction base, post a link here please :)

personally i need a lot of warming up if i'm going to use anything much wider than my trusty jessica rabbit ~ so maybe just a warm bath beforehand, then lots of time, foreplay, and lube will do the trick! otherwise i'd say go for something a bit smaller... incidentally i'm about to put a 5 inch one up for adoption from my grab bag if you're interested...?

Thats very kind niftyb but I don't like giving out my address. Freaks me out that someone might put 2 and 2 together. Wish I could be cool about this but we live in such a prudish society and the people/friends I mix with as I've said before never talk about sex at all.

Thanks for the advice though. Are you a similar build as my wife at all? Sorry if thats a bit too personal.

If the one time you've used it wasn't great then maybe don't try again with that same one- not 'til she's actually enjoyed using a down-sized version- unless you know something's changed since last time you tried- two painful encounters might put her off for good. I'm projecting a little i guess- but nothing to lose, and everything to gain, by taking it slow and starting smaller.

This is the downgraded version of the one you purchased.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=13995 (6.5 inches in length)

It's 1.5 in diameter and much more "bearable" than the 1.9 diameter of that one. Also, if your partner has a dildo/vibe that she is comfortable with in size- she can always use that as reference in buying one similar to that. It really helps to know so that you don't underestimate the size of a product. Also, the 1.5 can be a bit of a struggle in itself. It really does depend on the individual.

There is also this- it's 1.4 in diameter but smaller in length too at 5 inches. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15104

With bigger dildos it's important to work yourself up for a more pleasant and bearable experience. It's not good to dive in the deepend although some people prefer that. It takes a lot more effort though. I don't think you should throw it away already. It may be worth it to wait.

Good luck!

have that particular dildo and it is a little on the girthy side. It does work well with a lot of lube and warm up. this isn't the kind of toy that you can have a quick session with, which is quite good in some respects.

i think some of the problem is that its very flexible. when i use it i don't try to insert it fully which helps keep control of it.

sweetlove666 wrote:

have that particular dildo and it is a little on the girthy side. It does work well with a lot of lube and warm up. this isn't the kind of toy that you can have a quick session with, which is quite good in some respects.

i think some of the problem is that its very flexible. when i use it i don't try to insert it fully which helps keep control of it.

I agree, you need to be 'warmed up' and keep a firm grip due to it's flexilility.

BigPoppa wrote:

Thats very kind niftyb but I don't like giving out my address. Freaks me out that someone might put 2 and 2 together. Wish I could be cool about this but we live in such a prudish society and the people/friends I mix with as I've said before never talk about sex at all.

Thanks for the advice though. Are you a similar build as my wife at all? Sorry if thats a bit too personal.

no worries about the address ~ totally understand :)

yeah i'm about 5'3/4" External Media

BigPoppa wrote:

Thats very kind niftyb but I don't like giving out my address. Freaks me out that someone might put 2 and 2 together.

Hey there BP! Do what I do and make yourself a new account just for Lovehoney members! Keeps the old anonymity a treat!

Also, Mrs M is only 5'2", although with wider hips (size 16) and regularly enjoys something *ahem* very similarly sized. External Media

Mr Monster wrote:

BigPoppa wrote:

Thats very kind niftyb but I don't like giving out my address. Freaks me out that someone might put 2 and 2 together.

Hey there BP! Do what I do and make yourself a new account just for Lovehoney members! Keeps the old anonymity a treat!

Also, Mrs M is only 5'2", although with wider hips (size 16) and regularly enjoys something *ahem* very similarly sized. External Media

I think he meant house address in order to receive an unwanted product from nifty!

Adx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Mr Monster wrote:

BigPoppa wrote:

I don't like giving out my address.

make yourself a new account just for Lovehoney members!

I think he meant house address

Oh. Yeah. That would make sense. Um....

Absolutely no ideas there, I'm afraid.

Mr Monster wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Mr Monster wrote:

BigPoppa wrote:

I don't like giving out my address.

make yourself a new account just for Lovehoney members!

I think he meant house address

Oh. Yeah. That would make sense. Um....

Absolutely no ideas there, I'm afraid.

I think you can still get things delivered to your local post office for a fee instead of your home address. Puts you in a general area still but not an exact address.

Adx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

I think you can still get things delivered to your local post office for a fee instead of your home address. Puts you in a general area still but not an exact address.

Adx

But do they do pseudonyms? I'm guessing a name and location might be a little too much info. Unless it's deliberately misspelled and garbled. A postman might be happy to give something out to an Alcia Dharma if he thinks it's been ordered over the phone ad they just wrote it down wrong. A friend of mine has an email address that's a tribute to the most garbled bit of post he ever got, and we've received bills where the COUNTY was spelled wrong!

There is no getting round it I think. I couldn't be bothered with the whole post office box thingy at the moment but it's not such a bad idea if I get into this in the future.

Thanks everyone as ever for the input. We are gonna try and have decided to make it sexy environment with candles and music and glass of wine and just take our time over it. We have two other vibrators one which is slightly bigger than the other so loads if lube and work herself up with these for a while first. Then try the big toy.

I've decided to hold onto it no matter what as people have suggested. Then if it doesn't go well to involve her looking at LH together to choose a new one and get the corset we've chatted about for ages!

Well we had a great time and managed to incorporate it into things and with a lot more lube and foreplay I think things went better. She had a great orgasm as did I!

I imagine it'll be ages before it gets used again but at least I'm happy I have a wife who's willing to give things a go! Off to snuggle as she's out the shower now.