So the dreaded PE has arrived!😕 Any advice

So after years of good long and varied sex sessions with my OH now I can’t seem to last more than 2 or 3 minutes, it used to a quick one was 20-30 minutes and good sessions 2 to 3 hours,
I’m just over 50 and so is my OH, she’s just gone through the menopause and it seems to have coincided with that, although I do believe just a massive coincidence.
This is during anal and vaginal sex, blow jobs are the opposite and can take even longer now with her having to do something extreme to my balls or ass to make me cum
My OH is great and she obviously does the loving and understanding thing by saying it’s not a problem and she loves the idea that sex with her still excites me so much I cum so quickly.
Whilst this is all great to hear it doesn’t stop me feeling a failure because shes literally getting nothing out of our sexlife at the moment, when Ive cum we both seem to lose interest!
She’s always excited me but Ive never cum so quickly not even when I was young and having sexual partners for the first time.
I know this is something a lot of men can go through at some stage of their lives so I was hoping that there might be some advice or tips that might help me/us whilst we go through this difficult time in our sexlife.
Just worried this could be the start of the end if it persists.

4 Likes

The first thing I’d say is try not to worry so much. If it’s a normal thing that people experience, and your wife is as awesome as you say, then it’s all good. Worrying will only get you into a cycle of worrying, and that won’t help at all.

Penetration isn’t the be-all, end-all. My wife can have the best of times without anything going inside her, and honestly just doesn’t care either way at times.

That being said there are den-sensitising sprays, penis sheaths/extenders, dildos/vibrators, and even just simply going very slow (or staying completely still) when you are inside her which will delay things.

Stress is your enemy. Relax. You’re fine.

2 Likes

I’d think maybe worrying about it might add to the pressures of it happening more but on the positive least you are still ejaculating healthily during sex and although it’s faster than you’re normally like, it could be down to something that’s changed in your life recently, health, diet, mental, physical, hormones…
Whole number of things could be the cause and easily sorted once pinned down :slightly_smiling_face:

Might need to attempt some edging practice if not already to try see if it can help regain some normality back.

When it happens do you find your mind is over stimulated with feeling horny that makes you finish fast?
It might just be you need to slow it all down a little and rein in from things like anal play as prostate stimulation can make men finish faster.

1 Like

what they said
@Lucas04 and @AJSTAR

If it was me, I’d take the opportunity to have an interactive toy orgy with my wife and see how many times we could make her cum before any PIV. Shift the focus - make it about her.

A 1" silicone penis extender is a double win; turns it up for her and turns it down for you - but massively sexy.

Have fun with your adventures!

4 Likes

Skin can become less elastic with increasing age, so could this, or another skin sensitivity issue be a factor? I had a skin sensitivity issue (not just the old chap) a few years back that seems to have passed. I switched to softened bathwater and used bio-oil which seemed to help.
Another aspect that might help is to uncouple your expectation of lasting a long time from your mutual pleasure. If you come early, your views of this situation will colour how your wife sees what follows. So trying to approach this post orgasm state as blissful and happy, rather than shameful or full of disappointment, can make a huge difference.
For me, when I’ve come early, I often try an erotic massage for size, or switched back to other foreplay with toys for 10-20 mins, and often this turns into a fun round two.

2 Likes

Mindset can be so important.
I really took heart a while back that my wife gets very turned on by my orgasm, and she finds it a huge compliment, and validating, that she turns me on so much!
Part of the disappointment for her, of me coming early, was that my passion, sensuality and the flow state that comes with being really horny, could at times dissipate; especially if I became inward-focused.
Her disappointment was more about the fact that my mind went elsewhere, rather than being with her.
So keeping it light, fun, flowing, and staying connected, can make a huge difference to how the evening goes.

1 Like

If I believed in God, I would say it’s His way of telling people to experiment with other sexual pleasures, including ways of picking up the pace again after cumming, and going for additional orgasms.

There have been a lot of things on my/my wife’s journey that have made us re-think what we do sexually - and some of them have produced thrills far greater than when we were young, and sex was mostly about penetration.

I know this doesn’t address your specific problem, but most things have a silver lining.

1 Like

I think im broken going by these figures.
Im lucky if i last 30mins and that’s me for the day and im less than 40

2 Likes

I don‘t think the 2-3 hours mark is continuous! I‘d be knackered too! :joy:

2 Likes

@Knottydevil, definitely not continuous, but even then even with extreme foreplay sex was more than 20 minutes, now even without foreplay 2 minutes is a long session, we’re even cut the foreplay out because of my PE.

I agree with a lot of the other people here.
We all go through different stages sexually and most of the time I have found worrying about the problem definitely puts it front and centre and makes it worse. Try to relax and just enjoy the moment. Use some toys first and pleasure your wife before engaging in sex. I find that more fun than sex!! A lot of issues disappear before you realise it if can stop focusing on them. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

:sweat_smile:

I‘ve found a number of physical things have helped me be less ‘fast at sex’.

Remembering to keep breathing, ideally deeply into the lower lungs (diaphragm breathing) which helps with dissipating tension.
It helps me with how to relax and pull my focus back to 'us‘ and not ‘omfg, here comes my ejaculation already’.

Practising reverse kegels, where you kind of relax and
push out the pelvic floor muscles (rather than the opposite: clenching and trying to hold back, which increases muscle tension)

Fitness:
Correcting anterior pelvic tilt, for me. Like so many people these days, I have tight front quads and lumbar spine slouch from driving and sitting at a desk, so daily gentle stretching of the quads, and doing deep squats (Malasana position in yoga) alongside core strengthening really helps.

Can‘t say which is most beneficial for me. Just threw a few things in the mix, and saw benefits. Much more than delay potions.

1 Like

This is something I have been through from time to time. In my early 20s and recently again. It’s still unpredictable depite some of the key techniques being employed. I think to some extent that is normal for a guy.

Things I have learnt.

The less sex you have, the worse it becomes.

The type of lover your with changes PE. For example Mrs Hue is a bit bloke ish about sex, a wham bam type of gal, once she has orgasmed it’s almost game over. Consequentially I feel rushed and it seems to have reprogrammed my stamina. With more slow and long winded lovers my stamina matched. PS no complaints with Mrs Hue, she’s awesome.

Tensing the body and your bum makes orgasms more imminent. Breath out and push down slightly through your bum. Try not to overthink it.

Soloplay, edging and denying orgasm can help. I can masturbate for hours. If I rush a few it reprograms me again so take your time and do not focus on an orgasm as the point of sex or masturbation.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/lubes-essentials/better-sex-for-him/delay-spray-cream/p/exs-delay-wipes-6-pack/84163.html These things are awesome. See my review.

Medication can impact PE. Old school SSRs severely impact PE, fluoxetine for example can delay or eliminate orgasms entirely. These type of drugs can also impact the ability to stay hard but there is a middle ground.

Condoms, especially unsexy ones do delay orgasm for me when we play with them on some occasions.

1 Like