So ,What direction are dating programmes heading ?

Don,t get me wrong I enjoy a lot of dating programmes as I like watching the chemistry work or not work as the case may be between 2 strangers .First dates I think handles this very well and has been very successful .Great format and great host (Fred the Restraunt Manager and his staff).A very enjoyable show

Most recently we got Undressed TLC which is screened on Fridays .This comes a cross to me as rather cheesy .Just what is the point of undressing the other person down to their undies and sitting on the bed discussing photos of themselves and scenarios? Then as a result of this chat then deciding to take the date further.For me its just a desperate way of boosting viewing figures.

Then we get C4s latest program me called Naked Attraction. This starts tomorrow on C4 at 10 o,clock .According the the reviews in a TV listings mag ,as the total suggests potential couples are slowly revealed to each other and everything yes everything is revealed. Of course I will reserve judgement on this programme untill I have watched it. But again is the naked ingredient just another way of boosting viewing figures.

Personally I think seeing your partner naked for the first time was part of the mystique of one's early dating days and something perhaps to look forward to once you got to know each other better.

I agree ...they're just dangling the nakedness card to try to hook more viewers . Personally I think it's stripping all the mystery away from dating .

Is anyone watching Love Island? I have a love-hate relationship with dating shows. I remember visiting family a couple of years ago and binge-watched Ex On The Beach. I just loved the drama of it, and felt guilty that I loved the drama. I've avoided Love Island so far because I don't want to get pulled in - but loads of people I know are talking about it so I'm curious.

I remember getting into a programme called Dating In The Dark. I thought that was interesting.

I'm glad shows like I Want To Marry "Harry" and Joe Millionaire are not as popular as they used to be. They just made me feel awkward.

Yes I'm a big love island fan ! Third series I have watched. It is a guilty me time pleasure. What are your thoughts having not seen previous series ? I felt for one of the girls today such a relateable situation for many women I feel.
Eeeekkk been hoping to see something love island or World Cup related on here lol.
JoJo
X

Dennice wrote:

Great Love Island fan too men like Adam are still out there great let younger relationships understand that men like him exist they just lie lie till they get what they want and 3 girls in what 3 weeks have fallen for his utter rubbish chat up lines and fake getting to know them just getting into their panies nothing else ooooooooooxxx

a reality show which normally l hate but the £50000 does make it different are they really for the love or the money or just to boost their image l just do not know any more but l am addicted to watching you tell me

I think Adam is just playing the game. I suspect he could well be a plant ,just to stir things up to make things interesting for the viewer. Without a character like Adam the show would be perhaps not as interesting . That's just my view.

Mysteron I definitely see your point. I guess with out the drama then what would there be to watch ? We crave the drama that's why shows like that exists. I'm not sure about him being a plant however I bet as much as he is disliked he is doing great for the shows ratings. Just unfortunate to see Rosie in a position that we know a lot of other women have been in.
I do love it ! Wish it was longer than an hour each night Alicia I agree we had camilla last year and Alex this the public like an underdog x

OK

I will give my reasons why I think Adam is a plant .

1) He is exceptionally good looking . He is exactly the type lookswise my Mrs went for and her legs went to jelly when he first appeared. I think many ladies do like this look this guy has.

2) He is a very smooth talker . I think he is better than all the other guys at doing this.

3) The ladies were all captivated by his looks and to a degree his initial charm

4) Everyone is talking about him as being the bad guy. This is boosting ratings .

5) Deep down he knows he isn't going to win the prize becasue he is casting off any relationships like confeti .Unlike Jack and Dani who have been together for some time now, allowing the chemistry to interract between them and IMO look favourites to win as things stand ..

6) When his last "girlfriend" was having a go at him ,he was too cold and uncaring. His body language didnt look quite right to me for someone on the receiving end .

7) He has already advised the other guys that he is "playing the game" I think his game has a separate agenda in stirring things up .

8) He is too much like a rat to be lifelike

9) it will be interesting to see at what stage he gets voted off. If he does indeed get voted off .

Its just a hunch of mine but its making the show compelling viewing . Its great for me as its on right after the evening World Cup match .

I don’t think Adam is a plant, he probably was selected because they could tell from his interviews and application that he was a player and would cause some drama in there but unfortunately there are many guys just like him outside of the villa who do the exact same things! I think every woman I know has encountered an Adam at least once but the problem is that they don’t think they’re doing anything wrong.

I’m rooting for Dani and Jack though, I love the way he looks at her! Fingers crossed for Alex to find someone too, he’s a sweetheart.

I hate how invested I get in this bloody show 😂

lol I see your points mysteron. He is undoubtedly a good looking guy although I'd much prefer at 30+ bald guy maybe a Jason Statham look alike in there !
I'd like to think him being a rat is due to being a plant but to be honest many men like him exists ( some girls also of course). I would like to think he would go next but if that new girl is realy going to be that daft I think he will stay longer. A new girl under his spell each week !

NatAndTom your not on your own I'm far to invested !
Unfortunately Iv have encountered an Adam one who mAkes it seem like it's all your fault so they can et a easy way out to move on to the next one. Glad people can see him what what he is !

I want another hunk in there now for Rosie I'd like to see his face when the tables are turned although will he be that bothered.........
JoJo
X

YES YES YES Alex ! So funny ! Made my night.

Alex reminds me of how I used to be with girls .I still have some shy tendencies now.

I think this programme is the guilty viewing pleasure of many.

Well Love Island has finally finished for another year. Its broke all viewing records for ITV2 so I am guessing it must satisfy many peoples guilty pleasures.Many people and us included will be struggling to find something to watch in that 9 o'clock slot .

The winning couple was a little predicatable as Jack and Dani coupled up from the beginning and you could always see the chemistry between them .The rest of the couples that were in the final coupled up much later and so they were always behind the winning couple.

Some of the media papers have been attacking the show ( no change there) as it portrays the wrong image of people. I disagree as many of those do work hard on keeping their bodies in tip to shape and still did working out whilst there .I also didnt see any evidence on over indulgence on eating or drinking of alcohol. They drank water to get them through the day. This side of things I was playing close attention too .

I feel like we're diverging in to half shock value half actual intimacy like first dates. I shall only stick to the latter!

A couple of things that made me laugh about Love Island were

1) The fact that they were sleeping together and fondling each other during the night , Then after a few weeks of that they finally made it official that they were boyfriend and girlfriend. Its almost like try before you buy Lol.

2) The excitment of seeing each other on a date dressed up after spending most of the day wearing next to nothing .

Both the above examples appear to me a backwards road around to the norm .

For me I still find First dates very hard to beat when it comes to watching chemistry flow between 2 strangers. The researchers I think do their homework really well in matching people up for a blind date based on similar interests etc.