So whats the worst christmas present you have ever recieved?

DreamsOfChi wrote:

A pair of utterly hideous clip-on 'diamondique' Pat Butcher-esque earrings from a boyfriend. All kinds of wrong. Final nail in the coffin that was.

Is he under the patio now?? lol x

Oh I've had a few corkers from my now ex.

1) a pig spatula, a spatula shaped like a pig is not a gift

2) a book on making bread, I can't bake to save my life

3) a printer, our laptop was broken at the time

A small selection from the randomness he brought me 😂😂

GemGem90 wrote:

Oh I've had a few corkers from my now ex.

1) a pig spatula, a spatula shaped like a pig is not a gift

2) a book on making bread, I can't bake to save my life

3) a printer, our laptop was broken at the time

A small selection from the randomness he brought me 😂😂

A lot of crap presents have been bought by ex's....a bit of thought you may not be an ex lol

I've been fairly lucky since as a family we share 'gift ideas' lists with each other. However one 'present' sticks in my mind even to this day:-

Hubby and I had removed an ancient wall heater/fire from our living room when we moved into our first home together, and it had left a small shallow hole about 2 inch diameter. We kept meaning to fill it in but always had more important stuff to buy with our meagre income. Mum-in-law always mentioned this hole every time they came over - it obviously really bothered her because she actually bought me a pack of filler mix!!!! carefully gift wrapped it too! I wouldn't of minded if she'd just given it to us as a 'thought this might be handly' item, but I was so angry that she genuinely thought it was acceptable to give it as a christmas present.

A bumper pack of razors. 

From my boyfriend at the time.

So damn romantic huh?

Literally could not have been worse. And that was just the worst gift in a string of several terrible gifts. He didn't know me AT ALL. 

For my birthday last year my ex got me 2 grumpy cat books (i dont even like grumpy cat lol)

he also left my birthday card brand new in the bag, and a week later he broke up with me via text message :|

some of these scream obvious regifting by the giver when they are not thoughtful and dont seem for you.

I just had a very generous friend send me a $100 gift card for a lingerie store that has secret in the name... I really had not shopped there in years and did not realize how wonky the colour choices had become so drag and ugh... I struggled to spend it all and ended up stocking up on cyber monday bath bombs to round out an order. Why can't people just shop off my lovehoney wishlist for the holidays if they want me to get lingerie LOL

Honestly I haven't really had bad presents in my life. I feel lucky in that regard

Last year it was after shave (Old Spice if I remember rightly) from my mother-in -law, I have had a beard for over twenty years, Shit, maybe she's trying to tell me somenthing and I have completely missed the hint!!!! I'm NOT getting rid of my beard.

Wine glass charms, crappy DVD, bath bubble machine and teddies 😣

I don't really consider any of my gifts to be bad. They were all bought with love. The oddest or most miss matched presents are probably a balloon pump as a child and a gluten free cook book as I was cooking for myself (as was breastfeeding) and my son with coeliac disease. The problem was my son was also dairy soya egg banana strawberry and apricot free. The easiest thing to substitute is gluten but getting the right kind of dairy free milk or egg replacer for the particular dish, now that's an art. NB this book was only gluten free.

We don't buy each other gifts so it's not a problem lol.

Well this year topped it, my in laws bought be ball cream to stop chaffing when I am out running

Cutecountrygirl wrote:

We don't buy each other gifts so it's not a problem lol.

My other half and I are the same, so I've never had a bad gift.☺