So whats the worst christmas present you have ever recieved?

I was wondering what the worst christmas present you have ever recieved? Was it that underwear that your boyfriend thought was sexy but you wouldn't be seen dead in it, or was it awful christmas jumper that belonged on the christmas scarecrow??

For me it was a clothes horse...no idea what was going through my ex's mind (but being my ex might be a clue lol)

My own mother gave me a cheese board with super cute knives in a draw under the board along with a wine voucher.

Slight problem. Dangerously allergic to alcohol and have cheese intolerance!! Think my mum wanted me dead.

obvious regifts without thought if it was something i could use or even would like.

Massive box of Ferrero Roche from my father. Very allergic to nuts 😑

RosyCheek wrote:

Massive box of Ferrero Roche from my father. Very allergic to nuts 😑

Welcome to the failed murder victims club. :-/

I just hate people I love, who I know are broke, spending too much. I once got a huge gift set of bath bombs - it looked like at least £40 worth and I don't have a bathtub.

There isn't one that springs to mind for me, but I did find it incredibly awkward watching someone gift someone else earrings when the recipient didn't have their ears pierced.

A pair of utterly hideous clip-on 'diamondique' Pat Butcher-esque earrings from a boyfriend. All kinds of wrong. Final nail in the coffin that was.

Hasn't been receiving Christmas gift for the last 10 years. Only get to the church, warm the pew for 2 hours and greet members Merry Christmas!

May I will start to buying at least one toy for myself to celebrate Christmas. Lol...

Endless amounts of bloody body lotion lol

A mobile phone holder for the dashboard of my car,wrong on so many levels!

1,Anyone who knows me knows i never use my phone in the car.(It`s stays firmly in my pocket!)

2,It required drilling into the dashboard,anyone who knows me,knows i love my cars and would never dream of defacing my car.

3,This was in the days when all you could use a mobile for was texting or calls,so it wasn`t even as if you could use it as a Sat-nav.

4,The worst bit was,it was from C&A,which had shut all it`s stores the previous Christmas!

A size 8 pair of leggings... I was about a size 16/18 at the time ☹ saying something??

Bless their hearts, my cousins mean well, but they're from a heavily religious and farming background with no awareness of others (they assume if they like it, you will).

I've got the most gorgeous wooden and porcelain sets of religious scenes over the years... and I'm not religious at all. (They're carefully preserved up in the attic because I don't have the heart to deal with them).

Can't think of any terrible presents, but an odd one I received was from my ex father-in-law. He bought me a pack of fancy knickers which sort of creeper me out a little as he wasn't one for buying Christmas presents, his wife did all the shopping.

If by 'worst' you mean least suited to me it would have to be a designer handbag.

It was meant well, but I have never once in my life used a fashion handbag! I always have a rucksack or sensible overshoulder large bag.

She spent a fortune on it, so I didn't have the heart to tell her it wasn't for me.

Christmas was never a good time for me as a child it was very regimented and stressful (more than everyday life which was bad back then).

My "worst" present was when I was 14, I had hoped that my parents thought me old enough to have my own small CD player radio for my bedroom. In my stocking I recieved (among the orange coal and socks) a plug. So my hopes were up, silently. When I got to open my main present about 3 hours later when the whole family had arrived ( both sets of grandparents there was no more family). The adults had had sherry and mince pies, we were showered dressed had eaten breakfast, all that sort of rubbish. I finally got to open my present which was a rectangular box, to reveal . . . . . A bedside lamp!!! 😥

Which I had to try to look pleased with and be greatful, then sit quietly and wire the plug to the lamp.

It was the worst for me, because I had dared to hope for a particular thing. Learnt that lesson.

A very very gaudy bag that cost a couple of quid as just a random prezzie to fill up a stocking - I’d have rather had the couple of quid 🙈

That would have to be a windscreen scraper with a little mitt attached so you could wear it as a glove. Except it had a nick in it; luckily I noticed the first time I went to use it otherwise I'd have ended up with a scratched windscreen. Cheers father-in-law!

Fun Louise wrote:

Christmas was never a good time for me as a child it was very regimented and stressful (more than everyday life which was bad back then).

My "worst" present was when I was 14, I had hoped that my parents thought me old enough to have my own small CD player radio for my bedroom. In my stocking I recieved (among the orange coal and socks) a plug. So my hopes were up, silently. When I got to open my main present about 3 hours later when the whole family had arrived ( both sets of grandparents there was no more family). The adults had had sherry and mince pies, we were showered dressed had eaten breakfast, all that sort of rubbish. I finally got to open my present which was a rectangular box, to reveal . . . . . A bedside lamp!!! 😥

Which I had to try to look pleased with and be greatful, then sit quietly and wire the plug to the lamp.

It was the worst for me, because I had dared to hope for a particular thing. Learnt that lesson.

Ahh the gift of learning to/practicing wiring a plug! Jesus!! 😂😂😂

I still remember like it was yesterday, I was only about 11 years old and my uncle got me and my brother a can of lynx deodorant.... fully wrapped with a bow on..... I didn’t know how to take it! For me, puberty hadn’t quite kicked in yet so I wasn’t even smelly haha! My parents were mortified!