Soho Hotel Reccomendations?

Afternoon,

I am planning an overnight stay in London next month as part of my wife's birthday present. We are shopping in the day, nice meal then a show then probably 'explore' Soho together before returning back to hotel for minimal sleep!

I have been trawling the web and going in circles looking for a nice hotel to stay in. I have looked at TripAdvisor, Mr and Mrs Smith etc and just getting myself confused?!?

I wondered if anyone could reccomend an nice hotel in the Soho/West End area for a nice overnight stay in nice surroundings be it - 4 poster bed, double bath, walk in rainfall shower you know the sorts of things that make these hotels stand out from the Premier Inn type.

Any reccomendations or experiences would be most welcome and also whilst on the subject and places to visit in Soho for a young adventurous couple would also be welcome.

Si

You might find something along the 'four poster, double bath' lines by Googling 'boutique hotels Central London' but offhand I can't think of any. Considering that you'll be out for most of the time anyway I'd recommend moving up a grade or two in the hotel world and aiming for, possibly, the Guoman at Charing Cross - I've stayed there a lot and they have some really big rooms, some with two double beds, and well-appointed bathrooms - or any one of the various Radissons in Bloomsbury (to the north-east of Soho, across Charing Cross Rd and Oxford St). There's also the Radisson Blu Edwardian, at the very top of Tottenham Court Road; it's only ten minutes walk from the northern edge of Soho. For old-world charm and service I'd recommend the Hotel Russell.

I hope Soho doesn't disappoint. It's not what it was - then again, I can remember it from the 70s and it was actually pretty horrible! There are still a few clip-joints operating, and here and there you'll see those 'Model: 2nd Floor' cards pinned up in a doorway, but nowadays it's a lively, bars-and-clubs sort of place, not sleazy at all. I don't live in London any more so I can't say where the fun's to be found for an adventurous young couple, but with luck someone else can point you in the right direction.