Some advice please

Hi all, just looking for some advice on the following please.

i purchased the pearl shine 9 inch waterproof vibrator for my wife a while back and it wasn't a hit. She thought the material was too hard and couldn't use it because of a burning stinging sensation. A couple of weeks ago I bought the doc Johnson 8 inch ur3 dildo thinking that the material would be a little more forgiving but my wife experienced the same stinging sensation when we used it.

There was plenty of foreplay and lube before we tried both and I'm just wondering has anyone had a similar experience and how did you overcome this. We used liquid silk lube which my wife swears by.

Yes I have experienced this wilth rubber toys and silicone blended toys. My recommendation would simply be to go for medical grade silicone. This material will not leech any aggravating chemicals. It costs a little more but in my opinion, worth every penny because it should last a lifetime, it has no odour and is virtually non-porous (So no holding onto bacteria which could cause infections later). You may be surprised to notice just how much difference it can make to choose a material like medical grade silicone. Not even kidding! Vaginas are full of mucous membranes, so imagine sticking something "chemically" inside your nose for example....yes it will really sting. xxx Good luck xx

Thanks FluffBags, I wasn't aware of that. Appreciate the help. I'm off to stick a dildo up my nose, purely for research purposes.

Said like a true scientist (and concerned partner).

Hi Ron, I totally agree with Fluffbags - I only buy silicone toys now. I have tried others in the past but did not get on with them. It is definitely worth paying that little extra for something, which you know you can trust and will last. Silicone toys also have no odour and feel so soft and smooth to the touch :) xx

Ron Burgundy wrote:

Thanks FluffBags, I wasn't aware of that. Appreciate the help. I'm off to stick a dildo up my nose, purely for research purposes.

Try this:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30657

Ideal for noses bahahahahaha!

Mmmmmm slender.

Mmmmmm slender.

Ron Burgundy wrote:

Hi all, just looking for some advice on the following please.

i purchased the pearl shine 9 inch waterproof vibrator for my wife a while back and it wasn't a hit. She thought the material was too hard and couldn't use it because of a burning stinging sensation. A couple of weeks ago I bought the doc Johnson 8 inch ur3 dildo thinking that the material would be a little more forgiving but my wife experienced the same stinging sensation when we used it.

There was plenty of foreplay and lube before we tried both and I'm just wondering has anyone had a similar experience and how did you overcome this. We used liquid lube which my wife swears by.

Hi Ron. Scorps and Fluffbags are the go to people for the best advice but couple of things I though I could drop into the mix.

We don't own any but lots of the ladies on here go on about glass toys, have to say they look amazing. Also the girls are pointing out what the toys are made of but just check out the lube as fluffy pointed out the make up of the ph and natural mucus within the vagina is very complex. Same women can have very bad effects if this is disturbed.

maybe it's time to try a new lube just to rule out your current lube as the culprit Liquid Silk has glycerine and parabens in which can cause issues. a lube i got to test recently that LH aren't selling yet has neither of these but Sliquid lubes don't either and LH sell a good selection

Thanks guys, we've never had any issues with the lube tbh it's the only brand we've used that's agreed with my wife. Glass is an option and medical grade silicone seems to be the way to go. Third time lucky I hope.

Ron Burgundy wrote:

Thanks guys, we've never had any issues with the lube tbh it's the only brand we've used that's agreed with my wife. Glass is an option and medical grade silicone seems to be the way to go. Third time lucky I hope.

Ron also have you considered that you are just being paid a huge backhanded compliment, and all your OH wants is your" truncheon of love".

I have the same with Doc J toys, so much so I won't order any now, so it may there is something in their composition that affects some people, particularly if your wife has sensitive skin perhaps, I do.

Life has been said medical grade silicone and glass are great options. I use liquid silk all the time, think it's a brilliant lube, love the feel of it and how long it lasts when applied.

Unfortunately it can just be a case of trial and error, which isn't ideal, but that's where the fab returns policy can kick in...

What sort of vibe is your wife is looking for? Perhaps we can offer some suggestions...

That's a given Gentlegiant. I can't quote posts for some reason ( I can however include some of my personal browsing history in my posts, as seen in an earlier thread. Phew)

Miss TC, my wife is just looking for something different. We Have loads of bullet vibes and the deluxe magic wand but nothing like a dildo or dildo vibrator. I get what your saying about trial and error but what scorpious and FluffBags were saying is really helpful so I should be able to make an informed choice this time.

Have a look at the brand Tantus, their stuff is great :) I have a dildo from them which is one of my faves and I've tried lots haha!

Good luck

I'll do that miss TC, thanks

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

I have the same with Doc J toys, so much so I won't order any now, so it may there is something in their composition that affects some people, particularly if your wife has sensitive skin perhaps, I do.

Life has been said medical grade silicone and glass are great options. I use liquid silk all the time, think it's a brilliant lube, love the feel of it and how long it lasts when applied.

Unfortunately it can just be a case of trial and error, which isn't ideal, but that's where the fab returns policy can kick in...

What sort of vibe is your wife is looking for? Perhaps we can offer some suggestions...

I really want to scream that you probably dont have sensitive skin (With regards to this issue with the DJ toys) and none of your vaginas are abnormal. :(

A list of body safe materials include: Medical grade silicone (The kind found in Tantus toys for example. All manufacturers can label products as "silicone" but it doesn't mean it always is pure) Glass, Stainless Steel, Ceramic, Wood, ABS plastic.

Your vaginas are honestly not the problem. In fact, they seem to be working perfectly! :D

Fluffbags wrote:

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

I really want to scream that none of you have sensitive skin and none of your vaginas are abnormal. :(

A list of body safe materials include: Medical grade silicone (The kind found in Tantus toys for example. All manufacturers can label products as "silicone" but it doesn't mean it always is pure) Glass, Stainless Steel, Ceramic, Wood, ABS plastic.

Your vaginas are honestly not the problem. In fact, they seem to be working perfectly! :D

Agreed Fluffbags, keep shouting.

Vaginas are never the problem

As has already been said above I can only echo that decent grade silicone, glass and steel would be the answer.

Fluffbags makes a great point that certain materials will make anyone itchy/ sore but some of us do have sensitive skin/allergies - mines medical for example I have suffered with eczema,dermatitis and psoriasis so I have to be careful about what type of loo paper I use never mind which lube. (And for inquisitive minds - andrex aloe vera is great for soothing irritable skin down there). Personally Liquid Silk irritates me, Sliquids is brilliant as is Lelo's own lube. Therefore it makes sense that certain materials will also have an effect.

The only thing with glass and steel is ofc they are hard materials so I think medical grade silicone will be the answer for you at this point. Though I would say to try glass anyway as it is a completely different sensation altogether and with being able to heat it up or cool it down, you get much more variance from it. Plus with lovehoneys great returns policy you've got nothing to lose.