Speaking of wands...!?

Hello all. I have been thinking about and would adore to purchase (I think) a deluxe mains powered wand. I have the 'Lovehoney 8 Function Mini' battery powered wand, which I need to try, but am so curious about the mains powered ones! The deluxe (mains) wands do look amazing, but I find it difficult to orgasm quickly (if at all) at the best of times. I can be there for ages trying to enjoy masturbation, but just can't 'fully let myself go' sometimes. I'm generally quite a tense person anyway. I guess what I would like to know is...

1. Is anyone quite satisfied with their mini '8 Fuction' wand, or do you still require more?

2. Which wand do you personally (for your pleasure) prefer out of the ones I've mentioned - and the ones I haven't!!

3. Does anyone dislike the mains powered wand? Why?

4. Should I be okay with my wand or does the mains powered one have so much more to offer?

Even if anyone can just answer one of these questions, I'll be so happy!

I have noticed the mains powered wand in 'deal of the day', twice recently. I'm amazed at the bargain and wonder if they are such a 'mind-blowing' toy, how they can have such a massive discount and then you can even get a further discount on them with a voucher etc?

Not that I'm complaining, only that sadly I still couldn't afford one at the moment in yesterday's deal of the day. I will have to wait until next time, if indeed I do decide to get one. Your thoughts on all this would be so welcome. Thanks so much for your help and time!! xx

I wrote a detailed post or two about the few I own in this thread a while back.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-toys/1721406-lh-magic-wand-micro-mini-or-classic

Hope you find it useful. ๐Ÿ™‚

I'm in the minority that wands don't really do it for me. They have the power definitely but pinpoint stimulation works better for than the broad stimulation of the wand head, I have tried attachments for internal stimulation but found the vibrations didn't really transfer. The other problem I have with them is the weight, very heavy to hold most of them I believe, I do have a toy mount now though that I keep meaning to try my wand in (I haven't given up yet). All that being said most people seem to love them so I appreciate I'm in the minority, Vive la difference!

We are with Amy on this one. I bought the deluxe wand thinking it would be amazing for Mrs k&C but alas she prefers pinpoint stimulation.

Thanks Ian, will take a good look at this. x ๐Ÿ˜‰ Very kind of you indeed.

I love what you have said Amy about being different. I guess if I don't have much success with the mini 8 function wand, I may not buy the deluxe one.

I agree with you myself, that only a few select toys (and type of toy) work for me also. I am not going to jump the gun, but give my battery powered one a good test first and see what happens. I also won't try to expect success on the first go, if it happens then fantastic!

I love pinpointed stimulation and like you, find it more effective for me.

I guess I'm just still searching (and having fun doing so!) for that miracle toy! I realise everyone is different and it could take a long time, or I might even never find my answer. Perhaps it's something that my mind and body has to work at and be patient with.

I would just love to be able to orgasm on command sometimes, I find it the best release for me in the world - when I can do it!! However, with life and emotions getting in the way, it's so difficult sometimes.

I love being different myself and glad that others can achieve maximum pleasure at the click of their fingers - so to speak! I am not envious of this and certainly don't take it for granted when it happens for me, I just know I've done it before, so I can do it again!!

Clitoral orgasm just makes me feel womanly, amazing and de-stressed!!!! It makes me a hell of a lot less 'crabby' as my hubby would call me, lol. xx

Something that might make everyone laugh;

I don't think I should've tried inserting my mini wand internally, the ribbed texture of the head was not quite as pleasurable as I anticipated (being a wand virgin).

I have realised it's just for clitoral stimulation, so will have a proper attempt this time...a bit embarrassed TBH! ๐Ÿ˜ถ ๐Ÿ˜ฅ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ x

If you are having fun in the experimentation that's great but I don't believe there is a 'miracle toy' even when you find one that is absolutely in tune with what you enjoy physically it is only part of the puzzle and of mentally you are not quite in the right place, time or mood then even the most powerful toy can fail.

It is true that find the right toy and you are half way there but the poor thing can't do it all alone, and whilst some might still bring you to orgasm it might not be that satisfying. That's why (although it doesn't take me long anyway) I am not sold on something that promises 'instant orgasm' I agree it has it's place but rarely does it leave me mentally satisfied, and therefore not so much of a stress relief.

Take time to get to know each toy fully and you'll get a better idea of what they can and can't do for you, some do take a bit of practice. I also put some aside for up to year before going back and trying again when I know my body and it's responses better.

Sorry if that's got too far of topic!

I have a mains powered and a mini travel wand, my mains powered is one of the only toys that I pick up every single time without fail! Sometimes I struggle to climax with other toys so I head back to the wand. It was worth every last penny I paid for it and for me is the miracle toy ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

We have the mini wand and the mains powered Lovehoney original which both work perfectly for us. The intense vibration of the mains wand is unlike anything else for power and the way the head curves like a dome allows you to easily pin point where you want it. As a couple we both use it and during intercourse itโ€™s ideal, the mains cable is long enough for multiple positions which is great.

I have a mains powered wand at it is amazing, definitely my number 1. I have a flutter attachment that buzzes right across my clit hood and VCH piercing. It also has enough power to get me to orgasm through my knickers or even fully clothed in jeans or yoga pants.

I do have a battery powered travel version that still does the job but is not as powerful and can slow down at the wrong moment or if too much pressure is put on it (if I close my legs).

I have the classic mains powered wand. I only tend to use it on my own IF I have found myself unable to orgasm using whichever toy I had been using, as it is sooo much more powerful than anything else I own. For some reason though, it seldom is the first toy I would go to.

As others have said, yes it is a bit of a brute in terms of being so big, heavy and non-specific in terms of it's focal point, but actually there is a solution to these problems for me: my husband. I think we both enjoy him using it on me because it is non pin-point: he doesn't have to worry about having millimetre precision, and he has stronger arms than me.

From a confidence building point of view, it is nice for me to be able to give him a toy to use on me whereby I'm not having to give him lots of 'this way, that way, up a bit, down a bit' instruction which I worry upsets him a bit and somewhat ruins the mood from my point of view too. Hopefully this is something that will improve, but in the meantime, the wand serves this purpose very well.

I'm happy I have a wand, even if it isn't something I use a hell of a lot, it is still nice to know I have some heavy-duty power in the cupboard should I need it.

I have this mains wand: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20464

While I do like it I still have some gripes with it. I rarely reach for it these days and prefer the smaller clitoral vibrators because they are easier to use. It's REALLY powerful! I can never use it on the top settings but some people like strong vibes.

My gripes:

- Hard to clean because it's mains powered and is not waterproof at all. It also has little vents that you have to be careful not to get water in.

- The ridges on the head irritate me and they feel pretty sharp. But it looks the the deluxe ones don't have these so that's good.

- Big, bulky and heavy. My arm get's pretty tired holding it and it's a bit tricky to store away.

- So powerful it will numb you if you are using it for too long.

- The wire can get in the way.

- The head is so broad it can be hard to use other toys with it.

That's my I've currently got my eye on this one: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37966

It's waterproof and looks a bit easier to handle because of it's size. It may not be as powerful as my mains wand but I don't think I need it to be super strong.

1993princess wrote:

I have a mains powered and a mini travel wand, my mains powered is one of the only toys that I pick up every single time without fail! Sometimes I struggle to climax with other toys so I head back to the wand. It was worth every last penny I paid for it and for me is the miracle toy

Wow, this sounds amazing and your experience with some toys is so similar to me!

I struggle to climax with many toys, especially if I'm under a lot of stress - which can affect me big-time!

Not getting that release I so desire makes my stress and anxiety even more intense, which is not helpful for sex or my own self-esteem.

I could really use an extremely powerful miracle right now. x ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

After reading these wonderful and helpful comments, I still so want a mains wand!!

I haven't tried it, but would regret giving it a go x

I'll be saving the pennies I think! xx

I got the mains powered and mini wands for my OH, unfortunately the mini wand does not give her enough stimulation so we have given up using it. I can admit that the mains powered wand comes out 2/3 times a week as she does struggle to climax and it never fails to do the job Definitely will be worth getting your own!!

I own a mains powered one, while it certainly has power I find it hard to reach orgasm due to the size of the head not being direct on your clit and it can make me go numb. A lot of the time I cant reach orgasm, but if I do it can give me multiple orgasms. I find it heavy and not a toy you can just grab out quick. Having said that it is good for couples with the different attachments you can buy. I have this week just purchased the rechargeable mini which im still testing and good to keep in your bed side for a quickie.

Emerald269 wrote:

1993princess wrote:

I have a mains powered and a mini travel wand, my mains powered is one of the only toys that I pick up every single time without fail! Sometimes I struggle to climax with other toys so I head back to the wand. It was worth every last penny I paid for it and for me is the miracle toy

Wow, this sounds amazing and your experience with some toys is so similar to me!

I struggle to climax with many toys, especially if I'm under a lot of stress - which can affect me big-time!

Not getting that release I so desire makes my stress and anxiety even more intense, which is not helpful for sex or my own self-esteem.

I could really use an extremely powerful miracle right now. x ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

After reading these wonderful and helpful comments, I still so want a mains wand!!

I haven't tried it, but would regret giving it a go x

I'll be saving the pennies I think! xx

Hi Emerald269,

If you really want a mains wand I would recommend waiting for a super-cheap deal. I managed to get a luxury one recently on LH very cheaply and had hoped it would be the consistent O fix I needed but I'm still trying to make it 'work for me'. Not pinpoint enough even with a g-spot attachment and a bullet vibrator (I will review both wand and attachment when I've had more time to experiment). I would be gutted if I'd paid a lot for it and would have sent it back. I suspect it will be used for muscle massage on my hubby instead; having been designed for general massage originally, it works well on other muscles. I've learned that we are all made uniquely so what works for many others may not work for me, no matter how rave the reviews are.

I sincerely hope it works for you x