Stockings recommendations.

Hi I think I am going to take the plunge and buy my wife some stockings,she has never worn any before well not that I know of and we have been married for 13 years,she knows I like them but says she has horrible legs,she has chunky thighs which are 26 inches round I got her size when we were measuring her during a diet/ workout phase.i think she would prefer holdups is there anybody of a similar size that can recommend any.

Although I have no idea on the circumference of my OHs thighs, they're probably slightly above average, there is one problem she has with hold-ups, and that is that they roll down around the sticky tape thing that holds them up. I can only imagine the problem gets worse the larger the thigh circumference.

We have invested heavily in all sorts of stockings, and if you want to avoid ones with a suspender, then we found that M&S do some where the hold up tape-band is really wide, and also right at the top of the leg, and she has very little roll-down with these ones. Sorry, I can't recall any more than they are from M&S, it might have been autograph (is that something M&S do?)

Hi Iwish,

Seven Til Midnight's Plus Size Sheer Lace Top Stockings would be my recommendation. They've been tried and tested on many a photoshoot (including our latest plus size one) and they were excellent. They're also available in fishnet.

Unfortunately they require a suspender belt or lingerie tape to stay up, so might not be what you're looking for.

Hope this helps. :-)

Gem

Thanks Gemma,I do quite like the look of the Gabriella plus size hold ups.

Would she definitely prefer holdups? I'm really conscious of my thighs and I hate hold ups because the grippiness of them makes me feel like my thigh is bulging out of the top. Suspender belts can be really sexy too and hide flabby tummies if that's something else she's conscious of (as so many of us are!)

They're a bit fiddly sometimes, but worth it I think for how they look once they're on.

Yes Beedrill she is concerned about her mummy tummy so maybe a suspender belt would be a good idea,but nothing too thin,it would need to be big to hide the tummy any recommendations?.

I would say perhaps some of the Kiss Me Deadly range if you're looking for a suspender belt like that? For example, this: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21667 or this, http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=12024 perhaps? :)

They are very nice but I am not sure she can be bothered with connecting the straps to the stockings I love to see a nice suspender strap but that's just me.thats why I thought hold ups she might be more inclined to wear them

Oooh I really hope you'll put a smile on her face, but maybe she needs to choose her own stuff.

If she's already sensitive about her body etc, means she's not feeling sexy ... or attractive...

I hope it works for you really do but... let her help you choose the stuff.

I really wouldn't recommend hold ups if she's already thigh conscious. My thighs aren't that big but I hate them in most hold ups, they always seem to look bulgy!

I would personally if I were you get her a rather covering babydoll such as the ones mentioned in your previous thread...it's more comfortable and pretty much always flattering. Sounds a bit risky purchasing stockings for her. You really don't wanna get it wrong :( sorry if that sounds a bit doom and gloom but I would play it safe and get something covering, comfortable and sexy..

Heh folks, im glad I found this thread cause I was gona start a new one. Ive a question, do u just wear a suspender belt with stockings and not hold ups. Im not sure I no the difference in hold ups and stockings!! I recently think I bought holdups from m an s but they hve like a rubber thing at top of thigh an they just made my thighs look like blubber as Ms char has already said. I would really like to get something nice for my hubby, can any1 recommend something suitable that doesnt hve that rubber thing goin on. Thanks.

Lol I love hold ups my legs are too long for suspender stockings if you're talking about my op! :) hold ups are with the rubber bits to 'hold up' themselves. You can wear suspender belts with hold ups if you like but they are made specifically to hold themselves up.

The issue I have is with suspenders not being able to reach suspender stockings (as they usually seem to be called) due to long legs :) so what you're probably wanting is suspender stockings. And a nice suspender belt :) xx

Omg I'm such a nob sorry I totally read this as my stockings thread haha. My bad rambling on! :P

but yeah suspender stockings don't have the rubber bits :) x

Ah thank u miss char, think thats what ill focus on gettin then. U wud think wt my age I shud no the difference, lol. I just find the hold ups can start to roll down an thats not a gd look, lol. Thanks again

That's fine :D sorry if I confused you! For hold ups I tend to get a larger size than I would in suspender stockings - just a tip :) good luck! Xx