Strange food choices.

So captain likes having ice-cream and tea together which I think is really weird. So it got me thinking.

Do you have a favourite food combination that others might think odd?

Just to clarify I have the ice cream first then the cup of tea

I like to dunk twiglets in coffee!! Xx

lovingnewtoys wrote:

😮😮😮😮😮😮😮

lovingnewtoys wrote:

I can kinda see the logic there. The twiglets are quite a sharp flavour and the coffee is more bitter to balance it

Cheese and chocolate, chocolate and ready salted crisps, cheese and jam (sandwiches) hmm haven’t had crisps for ages, really want some now and don’t have any :(

AmyA wrote:

Cheese and chocolate, chocolate and ready salted crisps, cheese and jam (sandwiches) hmm haven’t had crisps for ages, really want some now and don’t have any :(

I have a friend who grew up on chocolate spread and cheese sandwiches. Apparently she was a child who only wanted chocolate spread sandwiches and her dad added the cheese to try and get some calcium into her. She liked it and the rest is history

I have to take the PBJ to a new level and have peanut butter with honey. The juxtaposition of sweet and salt with a bit of a crunch is just heaven.

When I was younger Ioved dipping salty chips from Mcdonalds in my milkshake 😄

Wight*goddess wrote:

I have to take the PBJ to a new level and have peanut butter with honey. The juxtaposition of sweet and salt with a bit of a crunch is just heaven.

That sounds really nice. Yum

I agree with McD's chips in milkshake, and chocolate with crisps. Chocolate also goes well with chips!

Wight*goddess wrote:

Same principle as chocolate and crisps, sounds yum!

Every time my mom made goulash( she call it hungarian goulash), it is made almost like spaghetti. Any way I take a piece of bread with butter and put the goulash on the bread and eat the bread and goulash together. Every one in the family thought I was weird. But it is very good that way and tasty.

I thought pear and carrot soup was weird, but I actually enjoyed it together. Yummy.

I'm another fan of ice-cream and tea!

Heidi920 wrote:

When I was younger Ioved dipping salty chips from Mcdonalds in my milkshake 😄

Me too. I still do that when I'm at MacD.

RosyCheek wrote:

I'm another fan of ice-cream and tea!

I think this will make captains day when he sees it

AmyA wrote:

Cheese and chocolate, chocolate and ready salted crisps

+1. I don't think this is strange and don't think many will but an old friend really did, bananas in cereal.

Crumpets with tomato sauce and cheese on melted. Bit like crumpet pizzas. I thought it was common to have this but everyone I mention it to pulls a face.

Michael777 wrote:

Crumpets with tomato sauce and cheese on melted. Bit like crumpet pizzas. I thought it was common to have this but everyone I mention it to pulls a face.

Totally normal in this household xx