Strange Ice creams

Bearing in mind that yeterday was the annual celebration of Robert Burns, I saw this , " Haggis, Neeps and Tatties " ice cream. Now, I'm a Scot and patriotic but this just seemed wrong. Wasn't even tempted. What is the strangest ice cream flavour you have encountered ?

Spicey curry, I didn't try it but the guy I was with said it was lovely

Curry icecream is the bomb. Like, its not something you can nom like chocolate or what not, but it's really good as a fancy icecream to complement a pudding.

Sky icecream is great. Its some mix of vanilla, and blue raspberry I think, with distilled E numbers for sauce, but it tastes great!

Not crazy but definitely Scottish - whisky and marmalade. It was heavenly!

Have tasted Whisky style. Yum. Also beet root . Not to keen on it.

Beetroot is awesome in chocolate cakes though! Love plain vanilla icecream with whisky poured over it. Actually I just love whisky!

GlamRockChick wrote:

Beetroot is awesome in chocolate cakes though! Love plain vanilla icecream with whisky poured over it. Actually I just love whisky!

Try Drambuie, or better still, a "Rusty Nail". 2 parts malt Whisky to 1 part Drambuie.

jimbogemini wrote:

GlamRockChick wrote:

Try Drambuie, or better still, a "Rusty Nail". 2 parts malt Whisky to 1 part Drambuie.

Ooh, I'll try that! Have Drambuie in the cupboard!

Havgis neeps and tatties icecream? You must be in Ayr! Surely nowhere else would sell it lol

Brown bread icecream is lovely. I made stem ginger and brown sugar meringue icecream last summer which was lush.

Sarahgee wrote:

Havgis neeps and tatties icecream? You must be in Ayr! Surely nowhere else would sell it lol

Nope, North of Scotland. Don't ask me what it tastes like. Oh, and I haven't tried deep fried Mars bars either !!

Lol I'm in Ayr. I was ready to abandon my fave icecream spots after your post 😂. Deep fried mars bars are waaaay tastier than they sound. Heart attack waiting to happen though. I tried it only once.

1 Like

I remember many many years ago, as teenager, I was in St Ives and the ice cream shop on the front had fish and chip flavour! Bleughh! Safe to say I was not tempted.

Hmm strane ice creams...Seen Garlic Icecream once...BLECK

However I am a fan of ...Tukish delight and ruhbarb/ginger ice cream ![](upload://rA41UoqYzU9yrgGiJUyzuRc98GV.gif)

Mmm Turkish Delight! Love rhubarb and ginger too. I can feel another midnight freezer raid coming up after this thread!

GlamRockChick wrote:

Mmm Turkish Delight! Love rhubarb and ginger too. I can feel another midnight freezer raid coming up after this thread!

Beware of icecream headache GRC. The antidote is a "Rusty Nail". This can also cause a headache.

1....2...3....BRAINFREEZE! ahahha

Don't get brainfreeze thank goodness, and very rarely have a hangover either! Just got to eat dinner then we can think about dessert.
There's a gorgeous beach cafe near us where you can get the most amazing icecream. They coat vanilla icecream in clotted cream then cover it with dark chocolate ginger, chocolate coffee beans, smarties, jelly sweets, candied fruit, coconut or liquorice! Tastes great and virtually no calories (in my dreams!)

I liked peanut icecream before i became peanut intolerant, or just putting peanut butter on vanilla icecream. Love coffee, bubblegum, pistachio and nutella icecream too.

Fish and chips icecream? Surely some of these flavours must be made up by pregnant women!