Sudden surge in sex drive

Soo.. my long term partner gave birth about 7 weeks ago and we recently started having sex again. Problem is, since we started, my sex drive has gone through the roof! Normally we are both happy with 3-4 times a week. But since we started I just want it every day! I dont want to say anything to my partner as I dont want her to feel pressured, as I know she has gone through a lot. Is this normal after not having sex for a while and then restarting?

Firstly Congratulations. In answer to your question I think lots of things can effect your libido but for us after our son was born it definitely increased (for us both). The term "loved up" springs to mind. Mr John was very hands on and really prioritized looking after both myself and our son. Very attractive and definitely put me in the mood. For him he said it was much the same. Proud of me as a Mother as well as watching me bring our child into the world. My body confidence was definitely boosted by him wanting me so much.

Congratulations. 🙂👍🎉🎈

We went the opposite way and binned off sex for a couple of years. 🙂

Congratulations! 🎉 In regards to your situation id say that it's normal for sex drives to fluctuate at any time, especially when you're in a bit of a loved up stage. There are many ways you could broach the subject with your partner without making it too serious or pressuring her... For instance just dropping little hints like "you know, I just can't stop thinking about you" wink wink haha. Or just lots of kisses and cuddles, touch her waist, body etc (if she doesn't want it or isn't in the mood just back off and let her have the space that's fine! The way you handle any potential rejection is important though - don't huff or grow cold quickly if she's said no, just slowly calm down and keep laughing or change the subject). You could go the more serious conversation route where you explain that you've just been feeling such a desire recently, but that you were concerned about putting too much pressure on her and basically tell her that you totally respect her right to say no if you're making too many advances. I'm sure she would appreciate both your honesty and that you were worried about her feelings too. I know that after I gave birth, even though I was exhausted, I was also very self conscious, and so knowing that my partner still wanted me was quite important... Even on the nights I didn't possibly feel like I was ready to have sex, it still made me feel loved that he even wanted to come cuddle and touch me sometimes 😂

For some reason the spring always makes mine surge!

WillC wrote:

For some reason the spring always makes mine surge!

You and me both will 😋

Yeah Mini_Beest, i think it`s the combination of sunny weather and not wearing so many clothes!

Mines high all the time...don't get anything very often though...

That is a terrible shame Jilly. 😔

After the first we were keen to beat the statistics and bounce back into things. There was a certain pride in answering the GP's straight-faced six week check question, 'have you resumed sexual intercourse?' with a resounding 'oh, yes!'.

I was ill after the second and even more ill after the third. Then our third was really ill in his own right. After a while, we discovered Lovehoney :-)

Congratulations, btw, to Owl and partner. I hope you enjoy the new arrival and that everyone is well.

Thanks everyone :)