Talk some sense into me

I'me really tempted to buy my OH the new Tenga. I said to him if any of the new ones are latex free I'd get one for him. He doesn't have a latex allergy but I do, but I thought it'll be nice to be able to use it on him. I know currently it comes with a free tenga egg which is latex but he coould have this to use at his.

As it's my birthday next week I have a Lh code I can use to get 10% off so really it's a good time to invest in a product that's this expensive.

Problems I have are the following though:

This is still probably more than I've spent on one toy- but there aren't many male luxury toys.

Also he doesn't have any form of income currently, so I will probably not be getting anything for my birthday from him, though doesn't matter as I didn't seem to mind at christmas.

But I can't help it I like to buy him pretty shiny things, as it cheers him up and me too.

My friend said I should use the money to treat myself, but it's not that easy. The amount of time's I've put the tenga into my basket and almost clicked the checkout button is crazy. And yes I know it's only been on the site since yesterday lol.

So should I buy it for him, or use the money for something else?

I can't say how good the toy is, as I don't have one, but I guess you've got a couple of choices.

Buy if for him (assuming you can afford it) and you get to enjoy using it on him (I think that would be a turn on). You don't give to receive back, so just get pleasure in getting him something nice. I'm sure there will be other rewards for this!

Buy him something a little cheaper. The TC super stroker is highly rated, and a lot cheaper for example. Use some of the extra on something sexy for yourself eg lingerie and wear it for him when you use the toy on him.

From the male perspective I'd be extactic to receive a sex toy from my OH for a birthday present, and even more so if she were to use it on me.

Might be worth hanging on til you make another order. I can't remember the exact price of the new Tenga but you'd be likely to get more off with the £10 VIP code than you would woth 10% off.

Since it's your birthday I'd hang on and treat yourself instead. The price of the Tenga is gonna stay the same for a good while so it's not like you're missing out on anything.

Ecksvie wrote:

Might be worth hanging on til you make another order. I can't remember the exact price of the new Tenga but you'd be likely to get more off with the £10 VIP code than you would woth 10% off.

Since it's your birthday I'd hang on and treat yourself instead. The price of the Tenga is gonna stay the same for a good while so it's not like you're missing out on anything.

I think you can use the code and vip together, not sure.

I guess buying it would be good in some ways. though you are right about the price, it'll probably stay the same.

Does it make sense if I was to say I find it really hard to treat myself?

I did write a big ramble bit here explaining, but it didn't make sense everytime I rewrote it :/

toycar69 wrote:

I can't say how good the toy is, as I don't have one, but I guess you've got a couple of choices.

Buy if for him (assuming you can afford it) and you get to enjoy using it on him (I think that would be a turn on). You don't give to receive back, so just get pleasure in getting him something nice. I'm sure there will be other rewards for this! External Media

Buy him something a little cheaper. The TC super stroker is highly rated, and a lot cheaper for example. Use some of the extra on something sexy for yourself eg lingerie and wear it for him when you use the toy on him.

From the male perspective I'd be extactic to receive a sex toy from my OH for a birthday present, and even more so if she were to use it on me.

Yes that's a good idea we don't have the tracey coxs super stroker, though the lingerie is out of stock and won't be back in stock until after the code runs out :(

I'm very similar to you. I love buying things for the OH knowing it's not always going to reciprocated. But I love doing it cause the satisfaction he gets is enough for me.

I've bought him a tenga flip hole in white on the christmas/new year's sale. It was still quite expensive then as I don't usually splash out for him that much in one go. Even myself, but I'm more lenient when it comes to spending for my partner.

I think it may be worth holding back for a sale.. but even that is quite risky as it's a limited edition.

My OH actually really prefers the cheaper sleeves and strokers... Which is nice, I suppose in the long run but disappointing with the Flip-Hole. I think a variety of strokers may be more beneficial and still gives you enough money to treat yourself.

Something like lingerie and also couple friendly toys will work great. =]

I love buying/doing things for others when I know it will make them happier for it. I'd go for it, I think people focus too much on themselves these days and I think the world would be a much better place if that changed. Just think how good you'll feel for doing something for him even though it's your birthday! =D

But hey that's just the opinion of some random crazy dude on a forum =P

DesignDude wrote:

I love buying/doing things for others when I know it will make them happier for it. I'd go for it, I think people focus too much on themselves these days and I think the world would be a much better place if that changed. Just think how good you'll feel for doing something for him even though it's your birthday! =D

I agree I tend to buy him something every month, last month was the male grab bag, and a malt.

I guess I really shouldn't care so much just because it's my birthday. Maybe my friends are trying to convince me birthdays are worth more than I think they are (well mine anyway). Will have to see.

I thik I would get it for him if the free gift wasn't latex,k that would motivate me, maybe a lube or something. But I'm in a small group of latex allergy people.

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

I guess I really shouldn't care so much just because it's my birthday. Maybe my friends are trying to convince me birthdays are worth more than I think they are (well mine anyway). Will have to see.

Your birthday is just as important as everyone elses! =D

See this is why asking for people's opinions is dangerous, we're all so damn different lol!

I guess at the end of the day the only person really qualified to decide what's best is you. =D

For what it's worth I bought my hubby the Tracy Cox Super Sex Stroker (the cheaper pink one) and the deep curve stroker http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20034.

He's not tried the deep curve one yet but he likes the TC one, says it takes a little bit of arm muscle as it has a tendancy to try and make a run for it whilst in use but he only lasted 4 mins when he used it so it must be good. Don't ask how I knwo how long he lasted

It's nice that you buy him stuff but like TC69 says it might be good to get a couple of different things for him for variety and a little underwear for yourself, that way you treat both of you.

If he's got a bit of a cash flow problem at the mo how about telling him you want to dominate him for your Birthday, tell hime to cook something for you (doesn't have to be fancy) and say if he does well you will bestow sexual treats on him, that way you both get to enjoy your birthday.

why not buy him a tenga egg or two and see if he enjoys it? then at least if you do decide to fork out that money for him on the tenga you know he will like it.

then at least you can get yourself something too!

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

DesignDude wrote:

I agree I tend to buy him something every month, last month was the male grab bag, and a malt.

I thik I would get it for him if the free gift wasn't latex,k that would motivate me, maybe a lube or something. But I'm in a small group of latex allergy people.

hi why don't you buy a toy you can both use ?

I'm about 99.9% sure you can use the VIP code and the 10% together!

To be honest, I would buy it! I'm a spontaneous kind of person, so I might be biased, but if it's something you think you will both enjoy, why not? Plus I love buying lavish gifts! Tend to spend £500 for every one of his birthdays and subsequently live on a tenner for the rest of the month!

Your birthdays are important and do mean a lot, but it's not all about expensive gifts, so I wouldn't let that put me off, if I were in your shoes!

I haven't tried anything Tenga except the eggs (), but it's not often a luxury toy comes along for men, especially not with a freebie, while you have 10% off! And you did say you would buy one for him...

Also I know you're put off by the free egg, but that could be something for him to use alone, or you could just give him the big gift and use the egg as a gift for a friend or something (I find they make dazzling birthday gifts for male friends)... Or you could even put it on Adopt a Toy and swap it for something you want!

I think the main question is whether it is worth buying it - if he will use it and enjoy it. I am pretty sure my OH would not. He is not up to those kind of toys. Also check the parametrs. The limited edition one is slightly smaller than the regular one. Otherwise... If you are sure its what you both would enjoy, you may want to go for it. Although I would likely got for something for myself/couple for my birthday and wait to buy something more expensive for him for his. But its your choice in the end and the most imporant thing is to be happy with it.