Talking with partners about sex

Can you live without any physical affection?
Can you see yourself the same 10 years down the line?
Are you happy to just masturbate?

Only you can answer these @woodstock2

I know there is a child involved which makes it more difficult…especially when you yourself have experienced parental separation…

Honestly I have the t-shirt but worn it longer…my self esteem has never recovered.

Try and talk again…if you can get some answers as to why…it might help you both especially as you get on otherwise. It’s really worth sitting down and the “I think we need to talk” when you both have time with no other pressures…

Good luck
:heart::heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

@CurvyJilly you should believe the fact it was him not you that was at fault. Your self esteem should be through the roof. I am a good judge of character.

It would be nice to sit and talk about this with her . I think she finds it difficult to talk about sex matters though - as if it’s dirty . If nothing else it’s nice to be able to talk to you all on here - although I hope I’m not being a pain . It really is lovely to have sympathetic ears who listen and not judge . It really does mean a lot to me so thank you all again xxx

NO WAY ARE YOU BEING A PAIN!

as long as you have someone to talk to. I do hope you can get your marriage back on track and continue to be that loving family you deserve :blush:

1 Like

No pain at all @woodstock2

It’s good you can put your feelings into words and talk on here…

And hopefully knowing that you’re not alone…and there are others out there who know what you are going through will help you too.

:heart::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Talking on here is a big help to me . I do tend to bottle things up - and as you say knowing your not the only person with problems does make you feel not so alone x

1 Like

It can be difficult to discuss such sensitive topics face to face. Have you tried writing down your feelings and showing them to your partner instead? I’ve found this works well for me since I’m not a big talker and it allows more thought to go into your words before you submit them. Everything will already be written, so you don’t have to worry about being interrupted or getting emotional during a speech. Let them read it all and get a response from that?

4 Likes

@woodstock2 what @Mint-Monster says is a good idea, it’s much easier to write things down. We recently did an intervention with a family member and wrote a letter with bullet points. It made things much easier.

3 Likes

That is a good idea thank you both x

1 Like