The In-Laws

So my mother-in-law and I don't see eye to eye anyway. Basically she hates me because her son moved out of the family home to live with me instead of travelling. She has said some nasty things to me like accusing me of trapping my husband by having babies and even asked if I was sure they were all his (1. Our relationship is exclusive so it's not like we are sleeping around, 2. The oldest are twins so I would be surprised, although I do know it is possible, if they had 2 different fathers). Anyway she was visiting to see baby number 3 and she asked about the labour. Not wanting to go into all the details I just told her "it was horrendous, it was long; I'll not forget it in a hurry". She replied telling me that I should be thankful I didn't have her experience and proceeded to tell me about giving birth at home and the ambulance coming to take them to the hospital. Which to be honest, I would have preferred. Anyway I told her I'd appreciate it if she got out of my house, I don't need people belittling me in my own house especially so soon after giving birth.

Anyway do you have a crazy in-law, or own family member maybe? Or are your in-laws amazing?

My current in laws I would say are really good and supportive. I have only the mother in law left now but she is making sure that my wife will be well looked after with money when she goes to join my Father in law in time to come. Yes she is amazing really .

Mine are lovely, we're not married so I guess things could change when they are in-laws but they're funny and include me in everything, they didn't even comment on our age gap. They're awesome

Mine were very nice and friendly, treated me directly as a member of their family. Unfortunately they are both gone now and we miss them, both my wife and I

My mother in law is amazing if it wasn't for her we wouldn't ever get our adult time she lives a distance from us so she tends to have my 3 for a weekend every now and again my father inlaw doesn't have much to do with us my family(bar 1 sister) tend to be completely selfish and if its not about them they aren't interested we do not talk my sister is on my mothers side and we are so close we talk daily and I couldn't imagine my life without her my husband doesn't like my family not included the one sister as he's seen how affected I get from my family and their behaviour so to have rambled on x

Eek in sorry to hear she was such a jerk about it! It's not nice when your partners family are like that, it makes the relationship and spending time together so awkward.

My OH's parents aren't as nasty as that, they're more passive. I know they don't like me, but they'll never admit it. It's just the looks I get when I go round to see him, his mum huffs and puffs at me like it's such a big inconvenience that I'm there and generally makes me feel unwelcome. Has a go at me if we're cooking dinner in the kitchen, even if we clean up afterwards. Gets mad when we go out too much because we're not spending enough time with her, but gets even more mad when we stay at home. Never smiles or seems pleased to see me. His dad isn't around a lot because he works away, but he can be off with me too.

My partner assures me it's not personal and that his parents are just like that in general, but they don't act that way towards his sisters boyfriend. Also can't forget the fact that they told him not going to university was a massive mistake because he could have met the love of his life there (while he was with me!) and they said I ruined their family holiday to America because I got ill and spend a couple of days resting at the villa. Apparently they were so upset with me for not joining in with them that they're never letting me come away with them again, just because I was ill. I made everyone feel really upset and uncomfortable, which to me just sounds insane!

Could be worse though! And at least my partner takes my side in all of this so it doesn't affect my relationship with him. We try not to confront them though, just let them say/act how they want as not to cause problems.

My in laws are friendly, but they suffer a little from the "small town syndrome" as I call it. They were both born, raised and lived in an isolated community, while I'm a full blown city girl to boot. I'm more open-minded while they are a little too conservative for my (our) tastes. My OH has been lusting over getting a tattoo for years, spared every cent he could, yet it took them seeing my brand new ink, all healed with no diseases or infections, to get convinced that he wouldn't get HIV in some run down shop with shady tattooers. They tend to believe everything they see on TV, and that makes things a little tough for us to explain.

Same as quite a few other people it seems. They're really very friendly to me. They appreciate that their daughter is in love with me and I've got to know each of them well enough that they know I'm not just stringing her along. We're not married yet, but we live together and they've been very good about it, offering us both support and letting us know we can stay with them whenever we want. Her Dad is a little bit intimidating, he's a big scouse builder, but he's the definition of a gentle giant. :P A very lovely man. Her mum is just generally very supportive and will happily have a joke or two with me. They both work very hard to support their family and they've done a great job. Even her sisters are very nice to me.

Mine are fantastic get on great with rhem my own damily I ditched years ago best thing ive ever done.

My (ex) wife is foreign; parents live abroad & we have very little language in common; it was great!

After the start I have had with my current girlfriend's dad I don't think I'll bother seeking his permission before asking her to marry me!

Mine known as The Addams Family - say no more!!