Fellas family?!?

I have Known my partner 6 years and been with him for 2 years, I see him as loving, caring, helpful and a lovely person, inside and out.

His family dont feel the same, They all think hes useless, because he applies for jobs, gets interviews and for some reason hasnt managed to get further yet. In the last 2 years ive actually lost count of the times his moms told me she loves him but she doesnt like him as a person. she wouldnt be surprised if i got fed up and left him. She's always critizing him even when he goes down to hers to help her, she just criticizes. She's even called him a useless dad. His whole family say we live in a hovel none of them have ever been inside!!

She doesnt live near us and only see's us once a week, shes only been inside our house once and yet she makes all of these conclusions about him and us. Im just sick of her being all high and mighty, up there on her high horse xx

naughtywildfun90 wrote:

I have Known my partner 6 years and been with him for 2 years, I see him as loving, caring, helpful and a lovely person, inside and out.

There will always be people to judge/ critisize you. What matters is that your there for him and no doubt you would reassure him. As long as your both happy thats all that should matter. Its bound to get to you but try not to show it. Maybe you could use positive statements to back him up... for example if she says she doesn't like him as a person reply with why you like him... Hope this helps in some way xx

Sadly, some people are just dicks!! Don't let them bring you down, if you're better off away from them, be away from them. xxxxx

i do try my best to reassure him but sometimes when i say something to him hell reply withsome kind of put down on himself, i just want him to love himself as much as i do.

His latest reaction to them is "fuck them" me and our lil man are his family now <3 xxx

perfect reaction from your hub!

Heatseekher wrote:

perfect reaction from your hub!

yeah it makes me smile, sometimes i forget we make a family now. i love it when i get reminded xx

Agreed! It doesn't look like you need them! With everything in life, be your own priority and make sure that you are happy! You, him and babba should be most of your energy, not getting upset over these people! xxx

Thank you avrielle its nice to get advice fromsomeone who's "been there and done that". My oh is lucky in that so far what hes met of my family loves him and he loves them, within a month my mum was calling him her son in law. Its just a shame we dont get t see them as often xx