The Lounge

This is going to sound completely random but has anyone used the tool for removing keyboard caps before? I’m planning to paint my keyboard keys (not the main body now I’ve remembered that i bought a light up 1, though i may try adding some details to that), so obviously i need to take the keys off to do it properly so i was wondering if you had any tips.

If nothing else if i mess up it was £12 on ebay so not exactly bank breaking :joy:

2 Likes

@rosiedosie I think its the shape. I often find the longer plugs feel better than the rounder ones

@Ace12345 oh man, take a photo before doing it. Getting them all back on in the right place is going to be a nightmare. I usually just pop a few of mine off for cleaning by gently but firmrmly tilting them. Never had the tool im afraid, im sure it would make it alot easier.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m thinking of drawing out the keyboard so i can put each key over where they should go

1 Like

Good plan. Id take a picture too if you can. Just Incase of accidents (if that where me, id probubly elbow it at some point and theyd all end up on the floor :laughing: )

2 Likes

Can you not google an image of a keyboard to save a bit of time?

5 Likes

Haha I’ve actually done this. Well, not the whole house but the best part of a room! I thought the cleaner wasn’t sucking very well and then when I took my headphones off I discovered I hadn’t turned it on :joy:

7 Likes

I am done for the day sat at home electronic paperwork crap lol

3 Likes

Update: it’s a lot harder than anticipated to find a clear picture of a keyboard :joy: especially with the size i need to expand it to.

On the plus side, I’ve worked out how to remove the keys without a tool (wish I’d found that before ordering the tool :sob: oh well, it’s only a few pounds so not too big a loss)

3 Likes

Hey Ace, I’m looking forward to the picture of the completed keyboard on ‘images to share in topics’
Good Luck!

2 Likes

A joke for you !
A Scotsman goes skiing in Canada. After aday on the slopes he hits the bar at the bottom of the mountain. After about five or six whiskeys, he looks up and notices a stuffed animal with antlers on the wall…
He asks the bartender, “What the flok is that?”
The bartender replies, “It’s a moose.”
The Scottish geezer shouts back, “Flok me! How big are the cats?”

7 Likes

Happy Father’s Day to all you fathers out there past and present enjoy your special day :+1: :birthday:

8 Likes

Does anybody know whether Hermes have a way to see exactly where parcels are? We’ve had to take it in turns to be home today for a delivery. It’s expensive for us n I’m definitely not wanting my nightmare neighbours to intercept. I’ve had no text updates or emails n thought usually they message with a time frame but could be mixed up with different delivery companies :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Panics over, hubbys new toys here, he’s playing with it n assembling it as we speak. He wanted this strimmer for ages so am super happy that he finally has it yay :smirk:

5 Likes

Huh. Ive just noticed something weird. all the reviews have lost their reviewer names. Even the newer ones

Yes, it’s very weird, been like it a few days… I’m hoping it’s background fiddling changing the way they’re listed to get them back so we’ll have the ability to link again and hence a review profile.

It might be wishful thinking but that’s my hope :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Huh, fingers crossed then :crossed_fingers:

Oh FFS… :roll_eyes: :angry:

1 Like

Hermes LOL!
They won’t even tell you which of your neighbour’s dustbins they threw your parcel in

3 Likes

I reviewed those Rainbow tights last week and it posted as ‘verified customer’

Quite a few of mine have turned to that too, it’s part of why i did the my reviews thing

1 Like