The Lounge

I will be entirely honest - I had a brief 5 mins to check the internet and missed the significance of the scene… now I feel suitable embarrassed that a diorama now exists to immortalise my terrible tractor driving!

(…And quite proud at the same time :rofl:)

Thanks! :see_no_evil::joy:

2 Likes

I think despite my working relationship with tractors I was also soooooo excited by the horse that he took priority :joy:

1 Like

These are fantastic @Ian_Chimp, I love the little cows aswell

1 Like

There’s a tiny cat and mouse too, though I’ve fished them out of the hoover a couple of times already so now they’re back in the tub. :slightly_smiling_face: I even found a teeny tiny frog (though I’ve not got to the set that belongs to yet :slightly_smiling_face:).

I took the photos on the kid’s duplo table upstairs and the size difference is amazing. After several days of ferreting about for ridiculously small pieces in boxes and boxes of lego now duplo looks like the most giant toy in the world. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I had two tractors and a big box of blue bricks, it seemed like the natural way to display them for you. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ll have another look through the book stash and see if there’s anything else I can add to the Peitho Homestead. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Ian_Chimp, how much Lego have you stood on today? :sweat_smile::scream::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

:rofl: Love this!!!
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

On another topic… Missing Vowels is clearly helping my Missing Vowels round in Only Connect. Actually managed to watch it live rather than recorded and got them all (…except Tyson Fury!).

3 Likes

@Ian_Chimp : the big question is -
Which do you spend more on

Lego
Nail varnish
Sex Toys?

1 Like

Yes @Peitho, our missing vowels was good apart from the Charlie ones which I wouldn’t know as I hate that book. One wall complete and 1 connection off the other wall. 3 links in the first round and 2 4th squares in the second. Pretty good week really.

Now waiting for University Challenge. Why did the BBC move OC for bloody Nigella? :angry:

2 Likes

@KinkyMira @MsSubExperimenter i was rubbish tonight except for missing vowels and like you Mira i was hopless at Willy Wonka as i never read the book!

1 Like

@WillC I was screaming SUW at the TV like a mad woman after clue two. They must have heard me three streets away :joy:

1 Like

Over the years, probably lego. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Anyone who’s ever stood on a bit of Lego will know it hurts like hell! Possibly only superceded by treading on an upturned plug in bare feet! :scream: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Done both - feel your pain :rage::face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like

Woke up with toothache

@wildflower and @Melody1 regarding The War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise, i blame Spielberg for setting it in modern times ignoring the setting in the book! He also ruined Ready Player One for me by leaving out an important chapter of the book in which the finding of the easter egg revolves around Rush’s 2112 album!

2 Likes

@WillC absolutely right there. I’ve read the book and seen the original film (which was tons better even though it was made in 1953! ) I don’t mind some remakes but not when they are so removed from the original that they might as well be a completely different film!

2 Likes

Yes, the 1953 one was great, even though it was set in the then current times!

2 Likes

I do love those old sci fi type movies The Day The Earth Stood Still is another fav of mine along with The Time Machine.

1 Like

Yes, love The Time Machine definitely a classic! The Day The Earth Stood Still…" Klaatu barada nikto" :wink:

2 Likes