The male contraception pill

Not sure about trusting men to take the pill (I'd have to set an alarm on my phone probably), but one of my mates now has 2 kids even though his wife promised she was taking the pill. She decided that she wanted kids so stopped taking it. Apparently all her friends knew about it too, and nobody told him! The first time it completely messed up their wedding plans and honeymoon etc (cost them a fortune!) and the second time it was when they were moving house (and she was supposed to be going back to work!). He loves them obviously but it's not exactly how he planned it!

Thats a horrible thing to do Jimbobaluba. Imagine using a childs life in that way. Shes lucky he didn't ask her to abort!

I know. He's taken it surprisingly well. He did want kids eventually, but what gets me is that she let him go ahead with all the wedding and honeymoon plans and stuff knowing that they'd lose all that money, and all her friends were giggling about it without him knowing - including another mates girlfriend (think he was more pissed off than X - ooh, nearly typed his name then!).

Some women give the rest of us a bad name. I can't believe her friends were in on it too and noone thought it was a bit dodgy. She evidently already had him committed if they were making wedding plans, so surely she could've waited a bit longer for kids? What a stupid woman.

Im pretty sure I could manage a male pill as long as it was taken with a beer. Itd be a good incenitive!

sexelle wrote:

wouldnt trust a man in a casual relationship, but married for years maybe , but i would have to remind him, dont think its a good idea, wouldnt want my body to be anyone elses response but mine besides he cant even open a tin of beans unless it has a ring pull

I guess this is true for both sexes.

If I were having a casual relationship or even just starting one that could be looking as it may become a serious one, I suppose I would be looking to use a condom no matter what pills were in use or claimed to be in use - and I would not be shocked or offended if my partner said the same thing.

On the topic of the male pill specifically, there is a simple answer ...... Have something in it that causes the penis to change colour when it is effective ... maybe "Green for Go" External Media

External Media

Dear god a green cock would scare me silly!

Diddlexl- I've take mine with wine a few times. Always gets me a funny look from someone or other.

I dont think i could trust hbby to take it, he's all on getting up and going to work, i dont want to overload him!

what about a male form of depro? then they would onyl have to remember to go to the docs once a month to get it sorted.

i personlally wouldn't trust a man to take the pill. struggle to remember myself most of the time

I couldn't be trusted with taking a pill every day. I find it hard enough taking out the bins every week....

Well its true- you used to have an alarm for bins which you ignored nayway I seem to recall.

I still do have an alarm... but yes... I still do often ignore it

i think a point that was made earlier was a very good one - if a woman misses one or is late with one, it is less likely to cause an issue statistically than a man doing the same with a male contraceptive pill - as women are less likely to hit on a time when they're fertile - as it's permenantly baby making time for blokes...

I couldnt trust me or the mr to remember such things, lol!

Mind you, the womans cycle doesn't change just because the man didn't take the pill....

Maybe we should all just be sterilised! lol

Aren't the implants the favoured method nowadays? last a year and very reliable? (I am meaning for the ladies, though I recall there was talk about a male version?)

The implants would mess me up more. I can remember a pill, but remembering the one day when the implant stops working wouldn't be as easy- I'd be up the duff before I knew why! lol

dunno dosent it depend on the woman more for implants. ive never been offered anyhting but the pill. before we start thinking about men taking the pill we should get better at giving women the correct contraception