The Sandbox

The link button at the bottom of the post broke for me a while ago (though it seems to be fixed now I check :+1:). It wouldn’t let me copy the address to my clipboard. And the one where you tap rather than long-press the timestamp doesn’t let me copy it either.

I’ve just got into the habit of long-pressing the timestamps, topic titles, menus, etc as it works on them all. :slightly_smiling_face:

I strip off the ‘?u=ian_chimp’ from the end, though I don’t think it matters. Some of the default badges are for sharing links, and how busy they are, and I think that’s how it keeps track (you can see your ‘Top Links’ on your Summary page).

2 Likes

Ah, I was wondering what the user info bit was for, I have to remember to remove it when sharing stuff externally as I don’t want people accidentally finding out my username!

1 Like

Your latest purchase(s)?

Just trying out a link

Anyone know how I can show a picture of an item rather than just a link? @Ian_Chimp? (Sorry but you seem to know everything!) For example I posted this link

in the latest purchases thread but I’ve seen other people’s posts show a picture of the item too

2 Likes

Grabbing product photos is a little different now the website has been changed, but it’s still possible. :+1:

To then make that picture a link you select the image code in your reply window, and then click the :link: button. This should autofill the display text as the image, and you put the page address in the top URL box like normal. :+1:

Eg. I’d highlight all of this:

![image|150x200](upload://bR94lbicCTOS2hoTdjiBfNWjJj8.jpeg)

Then press :link: in the format bar, and I’d add the web address to the URL box. And that would autofill my formatting to look something like this:

[![image|150x200](upload://bR94lbicCTOS2hoTdjiBfNWjJj8.jpeg)](Brand X Plus Size Crowd Pleaser Wet Look Zip-Around Harness - Lovehoney UK)

1 Like

@Ian_Chimp ahhhhh I couldn’t work out how to make the picture into a link too.
I need to give that a try!

1 Like

Getting closer. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve changed to desktop view, Long hold on the image then copy image but it doesn’t give me a link to paste

You actually don’t need to flip to desktop view. I’ve edited the original post to make that clearer.

You’ve got the photo. :+1:

Next you need to resize it:

![image|375x500](upload://oiW2HZuTVdFMZZtwmMlge5H64fy.jpeg)

Change the numbers in green to something like 200x265 or 150x200 depending on how big you’d want it.

Then you’d need to grab the product page address from the address bar. Get that and come back and highlight the image code in your reply, and click the :link: icon to bring up the link wizard. It should have automatically filled in the “![image|200x265] yada yada yada” in the bottom box, and you paste in the product page address in the top one. And that will give you this:

[![image|200x265](upload://oiW2HZuTVdFMZZtwmMlge5H64fy.jpeg)](https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sexy-lingerie/lingerie-sets/basques-corsets-bustiers/p/lovehoney-treasure-me-black-push-up-basque-set/a40915g74549.html)

Which will display as:

2 Likes

Looks good to me. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

Yay! It worked :partying_face: thanks @Ian_Chimp

2 Likes

I’ve replied in the Sandbox as it’s the best place to have a practice. :slightly_smiling_face:

It didn’t look like your quote quite worked out how it was supposed to. It should look a little like this in your reply window:

[quote=“Alyssa646, post:9483, topic:266126”]
I think I’ve done it, thank you

[/quote]

The extra stuff joins it all together and makes it swish: :slightly_smiling_face:

Feel free to have as many goes as you need in here. :+1:

And to do the blue hyperlinks you can use the :link: wizard in your reply editor. You put the web address in the top box, and the text to display in the bottom. That will automatically format it to look something like this in your reply window:

[Welcome Topic](https://lovehoneyforum.com/t/welcome-to-the-lovehoney-forum-please-read-before-getting-started/257623)

But will look like this in your post:

Welcome Topic

I’ve replied in the Sandbox as it’s the best place to have a practice. :slightly_smiling_face:

It didn’t look like your quote quite worked out how it was supposed to. It should look a little like this in your reply window:

Good shout replying here, I never thought to do so myself​:+1:
Is it because I deleted that part as I didn’t think it should be there?

Gotcha, I’ll not be moving off the app tonight to have a practice as I’m too tired to use too much of the brain, and believe me when I tell you this, it takes more of my brain to achieve these things than others :see_no_evil:

It seems you may have deleted it again. :slightly_smiling_face:

You definitely need the full:

[quote=“Alyssa646, post:1217, topic:257700”]
Is it because I deleted that part as I didn’t think it should be there?
[/quote]

If you want it to work. Without the code you may as well just copy and paste it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

[quote=“Ian_Chimp, post:1216, topic:257700”]
replied in the Sandbox as it’s the best place to have a practice. :slightly_smiling_face:

Is this correct @Ian_Chimp

Very close. You also need the [/quote] at the end to sandwich it.

(the quote within the quote has come out fine though :slightly_smiling_face:)

These bits in green need to top and tail the text you want to quote:

[quote=“Alyssa646, post:1219, topic:257700”]
Is this correct @Ian_Chimp
[/quote]

If you highlight the text you want to quote and tap the quote button (and don’t delete any of it :slightly_smiling_face:), you can then add your message underneath or above it (but leave a blank line inbetween)

1 Like

Bit bored so just seeing what is missing from the sandbox…

Clearly potw-swings--roundabouts-700x should be in a sandbox.

And we need some pretty flowers to decorate the outside…

20210215_235518

Thankfully, there are always fun games to play in here!

I may have spent some time on the blog this evening and wanted to play in the sandbox. Apart from old quizzes (which is a pity) all seems to be working well now :+1:

3 Likes

The old Reviews of the Month are missing (and wouldn’t link to the old reviews even if they did have a blog page). And quite a few of the Positions of the Week didn’t make it either. My collection topics need a rethink. :slightly_smiling_face: