The Sandbox

It should do, they’ve been pretty standard so far. :+1: If the original is different than 220x296 then you’ll need to recalculate.

1 Like

I have another way. :slightly_smiling_face: And this one gives you a jpeg like before. :+1:

If you go to the product page you can long-press on an image and copy or download it from there. You have to long-press the main photo as soon as the page loads, otherwise it zooms. If you miss it just refresh the page and get ready to long-press. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

That uploads a 375x500 jpeg

To resize that to 200 wide it’d be 200x265, and for 150 (side by side) it’d be 150x200

2 Likes

Oooh that’s clever, well done for figuring that out! The picture quality is definitely clearer on those ones. 150x200 is a much easier dimension to remember as well! :joy:

1 Like

I wish I could understand all this cool stuff :sweat_smile: :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Sorry, it got a bit convoluted. :slightly_smiling_face: But it’s not that tricky.

If you go to any product page you can quickly long-press the main image to bring up the ‘copy image’ option (if you miss it you can refresh and try again). Copy the image, and paste it into your post and it’ll look something like this:

![image|375x500](upload://xXUQ4KVF3qAz57xUpuoQwUqcs8R.jpeg)

Which will be a bit on the large side. So you can change the size by amending the ‘375x500’ to something like 200x265 or 150x200 to make it smaller.

You can also change ‘image’ into a description too (it shows up when it’s large, and in search results). So:

![Crowd Pleaser |200x265](upload://nQs7eeP46qmPe95EIqj4wOLk5Q7.jpeg)

Becomes:

@Ian_Chimp ahhhhhhh this is nifty!

So when you alter the sizes are there set sizes you should use - so should you try and keep them around the 200 mark?

And then to put them side by side do you just copy the link right after each other without leaving a line?

I work on a phone screen area being around 300 wide, so two 150s sit nicely together without dropping on top of each other. To keep the same ratio as the original it’d be 150x200.

For those you put them next to each other (with or without a space should be fine) like this:

![Crowd Pleaser |150x200](upload://nQs7eeP46qmPe95EIqj4wOLk5Q7.jpeg) ![Crowd Pleaser |150x200](upload://nQs7eeP46qmPe95EIqj4wOLk5Q7.jpeg)

3 Likes

@Ian_Chimp fab!

Now I need a reason to have a play around with it :thinking:

1 Like

You don’t need a reason to have a play in the Sandbox. :slightly_smiling_face: If you want to practice any of the forum features you can have a bazz in here. :+1:

Hi @GoGirl12 :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve spotted that you’ve been deleting a lot of your posts recently. Is everything okay?

If you’re just having a significant prune and start hitting some rate limits on how many you can withdraw in a day, then Brenna can help you out with her magic admin powers. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

But if you’re looking at getting rid of everything then there’s some info in the How-To on how to contact Customer Care and request that.

Brenna will probably be back in on Monday if you want to chat with her about anything privately?

1 Like

Another tip for seeing how the formatting in a post was done is to reply to the post (if it’s not in a closed topic), and then press the speech bubble icon on the far left of the format bar in your reply editor. That will quote the whole message you’re replying to, and leaves most of the hidden code intact, so you can have a little look at how it was done. :+1:

1 Like

@Ian_Chimp ahhhhh yes - what a clever idea!!
I’ll probably still forget that though

2 Likes

Fascinating tips in here, I must of spent an hour reading through the posts :slightly_smiling_face:
I think this is the appropriate place to put this, the reviews for other products aren’t showing either. The closest I’ve got is hitting the reviews, been taken to the ratings seeing “customer reviews” then nothing a blank screen where they should be I presume as when scrolling up or down it’s as though they’re invisible :pensive:

You can put glitches with the main site in the Glitches topic, and that should get it the proper attention. :+1:

If you put what device and browser you’re using that’d be helpful too. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

If you’ve got a link to one of the glitchy pages I can have a look, but my tips and workarounds are more forum-based now the website has been made-over. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I salute you sir​:clap: thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I’m wondering why you dont have lovehoney before the user name? I’d assumed you’re a technical engineer here but it’s looking as though you’re so helpful to everyone, bravo :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s reserved for staff only, and I’m just a regular old forum user like everybody else. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You can have a practice in here. :+1:

You can grab the topic/post address by long-pressing on the timestamp at the top-right of the post you want to link to, and choose ‘copy link address’.

Open your reply editor, and then click the :link: icon to open up the link wizard. Pop the address in the top URL box, and the optional description in the bottom (that’s the display text), and that will add it to your message in the right format. :+1:

[sneaky link](https://lovehoneyforum.com/t/nightwear/265386/18)

sneaky link

And you can even search for topics by title using the :link: link wizard too. Just start typing the name of the topic you’re looking for in the URL box and a list of suggested matches pops up. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll have a play later
:smile:

1 Like

I hadn’t noticed that way of doing it! I always click the little link icon at the bottom of posts, I’d totally forgotten you could share posts externally doing it your way!

2 Likes

Me too :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes