The Sandbox

I tend to spread the Chimp stuff throughout the week to vary it up a bit.

Ian’s Ta Da! List
(like a To Do list, but with more pizzazz)
| | |

• | - |
    Daily | dotd (about 7am ish)
    | |
    Monday | weekly offers (late afternoon/early evening)
    Tuesday | Vote for the Winner
    Wednesday | Hump Day Quiz
    Thursday | Quiz answers
    Friday | Position of the Week (don’t worry about this one. It’s gone a bit weird)
    Edit:
    First Saturday of the Month | Vibrator Maintenance Day
    Sunday | Forum: Digested (retired, though it’s there if anyone wants it. I also tried out a ‘Hump Day Bulletin’ too)

But you can chop and change it around to whenever suits everyone best. :+1:

1 Like

I think it looks more daunting than it actually is. :slightly_smiling_face: Ultimately it’s just two quotes in a html table.

<table> start of table
<tr> start table row
<td> start 1st table data (cell)

1ST QUOTE

</td> end 1st table data
<td> start 2nd table data

2ND QUOTE

</td> end 2nd table data
</tr> end table row
</table> end table

I generally put the challenger on the left (1st table data), incumbent on the right.

I have two tabs open, one for the Vote, and one for PotW. And then I just highlight from the heart down to the title of the new position and tap the floating ‘quote’ box that appears. Then copy and paste that into the other tab. :+1:

1 Like

Righty ho, good to know. I will just jam the position of the week up vaguely mon/tues ish the :+1:

1 Like

I didn’t put the table headers in that example, but hopefully you get the gist. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

Its either going to work, or i will screw it up somehow. :laughing: Eiher way im sure it will be fine :+1:

Let’s actually see if the template works… :crossed_fingers::slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: Not bad. Though it’s missed a photo. I’ll go and edit it. :+1:

The results of Round 14 are in… :drum::drum::drum:

And The Cuddle Huddle has proved it’s not just a one week wonder, winning its second round with a pretty decent 68% of 28 votes. It seems The Pillar hit some issues when everybody’s cardboard position enhancer didn’t provide the levitation they’d hoped… :slightly_smiling_face:

So The Cuddle Huddle keeps its winner’s laurels and comfortably strolls through to the next round. :trophy::tada:

:bell: Round 15 :bell:

Discobot has once again selected our new challenger, and today he has gone with number 61… Hard Press. :balloon::tada: So, up next is Hard Press from November 2019 facing off against The Cuddle Huddle, also from November 2019:

Which will win…? You decide. :slightly_smiling_face:

:lh_heart_grey: You don’t need to have actually tried the position, you can judge it based just on the image (or the fuller description below). And if you do end up trying it, or someone says something in the comments that changes your mind, then you can always pop back and change your vote (while the poll is open, of course). :slightly_smiling_face:

Descriptions:

(You can click on the arrow in each quote header to expand them for the full info, and if you click on the image when expanded you can see it full size)

Nope. No idea why that picture is showing up blank. :man_shrugging: Good luck. :slightly_smiling_face::+1::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

:laughing: no worries, i’tll be grand.

1 Like

is this text blurred

:no_mouth:

3 Likes

Hi @Purring-Pussy

To do the hidden drop down answers for the quiz try the following:

Far right button which you used for the blurring above but then top option from the drop down menu. Marked with my beautiful blue arrow :rofl:. That produces the text in the screenshot below.

If you change what is written between the quote marks where it currently says, summary, that is your drop down header and the text below where it says, This text will be hidden, is where you pop your answers. (Alternatively, you can just type in the text with brackets, etc. from the lower screenshot into your reply window and that works too.)

Hopefully this helps and welcome to the world of Lovehoney quizzing!

3 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to explain. I’ll have a play when feeling better :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

@Green_Eyed_Girl @Peitho

Just a reminder tip - if you reply to a specific post, you can then hit the speech bubble icon in the top left of your reply editor and that will drop the whole post you’re replying too in as a quote. You can then riffle through all the formatting code that way. :+1: It works most of the time, though there are a couple of quirks it doesn’t pick up on every now and again.

(I’ve hidden a message in this one if you want to try it out :slightly_smiling_face:)

3 Likes

Thanks dude. Massively useful :+1:

1 Like

Wow, I never knew you could do that - very, very useful!

(I’ve hidden a reply in this one :slightly_smiling_face:)

2 Likes

Thanks @Ian_Chimp :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Since when has there been auto correct and how do you stop it?

the whole 80s wo t no …? thing doesn’t work if it is grammatically corrected to

what , no lace ???

Edit: Shudda auto corrected the year too, apparently it began in the 40s with ‘what no sugar’ , a slogan about rationing

You have to tag Brenna, she can sort them for you… my latest issue with one resulted in :rofl:

https://lovehoneyforum.com/t/discobot-tutorials/257800/625?u=peitho

thanks hun
No big deal. I thought it might be a quick fix.
Don’t want to be beaten around the head with that bad grammar mug anway
:grin:

1 Like

Does anyone know a way around the 3 consecutive replies limit? i’m trying to do my reviews and it won’t let me post in that thread annymore

1 Like

@Ace12345 No, sorry. But i shoved a reply in therr for you.