The Sandbox

Thanks :slight_smile: Was trying to see the difference between   and   to keep the emojis small since @Ian_Chimp figured it out :thinking:

(Out of 5)
Design Ā  :star::star::star::star::star:
Value Ā  :star::star::star::star::star:
Quality Ā  :star::star::star::star::star:
Fit Ā  :star::star::star::star::star:
Sexiness Ā  :star::star:
Overall Rating ā€Š :star::star::star:

&hairsp; works too. :+1: I think any extra hidden text thatā€™s not in <> would work.

2 Likes

:laughing: i just tend go for the fullstop option as its least complicated. But coding works too :+1:

1 Like
https://lovehoneyforum.com/t/uk-special-offers-top-sale-picks-and-dotd/258801

https://lovehoneyforum.com/t/uk-special-offers-top-sale-picks-and-dotd/258801?u=pkh

I just noticed when I copy a link from a topic or post, it adds ?u=pkh at the end of it, but it looks like nothing changes if I remove itā€¦ Anyone know it matters?

I donā€™t think it matters. I stripped them for about a year, but now I mostly leave them in. Just be careful if youā€™re sharing links with friends. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Good shoutout :grimacing:

1 Like

No particular order, but thought Iā€™d try and jot down a rough list of formatting weā€™ve discovered so farā€¦

Basics:

Bold, italics, and bold and italics

Horizontal Line *** --- ___ <hr>

~~strikethrough~~ <s>strikethrough</s> strikethrough

[u] underline [/u] underline

Headers:

# Header 1

Header 1

###### Header 6

Header 6

Tables:

Default | Left | Centre | Right |

• | :- | :-: | -: |
    monkey | monkey | monkey | monkey
    chimp | chimp | chimp | chimp
    banana | banana | banana | banana
Default  | Left | Centre | Right | 
- | :- | :-: | -: | 
monkey | monkey | monkey | monkey 
chimp | chimp | chimp | chimp
banana | banana | banana | banana 

Also html

<table>
<tr><th>Table</th></tr>
<tr><td>monkey </td></tr>
<tr><td>chimp</td></tr>
<tr><td>banana</td></tr>
</table>
Table
monkey
chimp
banana

Also eg <th style="text-align:centre">

Align:

<div align="center"> + left and right

Anchor:

<a name="anchor"></a>
#anchor

Or [PostLink]#anchor for one that works outside of the topic

Hide Details: (html)

<details>
<summary>
Hide details
</summary>

Hidden Details

</details>
Hide details

Hidden Details

<details open>
<summary>
Hide details (default open) 
</summary>

Hidden Details

</details>
Hide details (default open)

Hidden Details

Font Size:

<small>small</small> small
<small><small>small</small></small>small
And so on

<big>big</big> big

Spacing:

&hairsp;
&thinsp;
&nbsp;
&ensp;
&emsp;

Highlights:

<mark>Mark</mark> Mark
<ins>ins</ins> ins
<del>del</del> del

Dice Roller:

[wrap=dice] 1d6 [/wrap]

1d6

Superscript and Subscript:

Super <sup>1</sup> Super 1
Sub <sub>2</sub> Sub 2

Flying bananas:

<big> <sup> šŸŒ</sup>šŸŒ<sup> šŸŒ</sup> šŸŒ<sup> šŸŒ</sup>šŸŒ<sup> šŸŒ</sup><sub> šŸŒ</sub> </big>

:banana::banana: :banana: :banana: :banana::banana: :banana: :banana:

Backwards and Forwards:

&#202d;
&#202e;

<p>
There once was a young lady with pride,<br>
  &#x202e;who ate fourteen green apples and died.<br>
  &#x202d;Within the lamented,<br>
  &#x202e;the apple fermented<br>
  &#x202d;and made cider inside her insides.

</p>

There once was a young lady with pride,
ā€®who ate fourteen green apples and died.
ā€­Within the lamented,
ā€®the apple fermented
ā€­and made cider inside her insides.

Indent:

(cheeky use of <ul> </ul> with no <li>)

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

2 Likes

@Ian_Chimp I wanted to try the podcast formatting since there was a new episode :slightly_smiling_face: If I did it wrong, feel free to edit or delete it :+1: (also not sure if you wanted to catalogue it with season 3 since itā€™s an unnumbered special :thinking:)

(Also, I think the second to last clickable link on this one is supposed to go to the season 2 index because itā€™s already on the season 3 index)

2 Likes

Updated. And Iā€™ve added the Christmas special to the index. :+1:

1 Like

Iā€™m afraid they do not:

And when I quote them the image name is just gurbleblurbā€¦ :slightly_frowning_face:

(Sorry, I couldnā€™t resist including a pop about your image names :slightly_smiling_face:)

Another thing to consider @anon85834913 is whether you want the product image to be a link or not. If you make it a link it loses the ability to enlarge in a lightbox. Eg.

This one will enlarge in a pop out gallery when clicked:

This one will not:

image with link

1 Like

I guess for me, the combo of bigger pictures with click through to the product page probably works better. Iā€™m assuming of course, that with the bigger picture itā€™s easier to spark an interest for more info, so the click through straight to the product page is whatā€™s needed.
If the viewer was just looking for a bigger picture by clicking on the one in the post then they get a bigger picture having reached the product page, and usually more pics as well.

2 Likes

Both options have their pros and cons in different situations, so itā€™s completely up to you. :+1:

I find the interactive part the most useful thing about the DOTD posts. Most of the main info is already on the deal of the day summary page (and the rest is on the full product page itself), and then we chip in with a place where people can add their own opinions about that dayā€™s deal (thinking of buying it, couldnā€™t resist it, bought it and loved/hated it, etc). So as long as thereā€™s an obvious product link to the full page somewhere in there, then I think thatā€™s the minimum you need to link it up.

The DOTD posts are also good for including information that isnā€™t necessarily on the product page. So, other colours of the same item that are cheaper in other deals, or the battery info (especially for remotes), etc.

Itā€™s an evolving process though, so itā€™s always worth an explore. And if you come up with something good @Peitho and @PKH will happily steal it. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Does anyone know if itā€™s possible to search for posts by a particular person in a topic- for example searching for reviews by @Ian_Chimp in the ā€œMy Reviewsā€ topic? Iā€™ve tried going to the correct topic and then the search button at the top, clicked the ā€œsearch this topicā€ box and typed in person the I know has posted some reviews but it didnā€™t work.

You can search by putting @Ian_Chimp in, and ticking the ā€˜Search this topicā€™ box and that should bring them up as search results.

Or you can filter them by clicking on their username in the topic and pulling up a usercard, and then clicking on the grey ā€˜x posts in topicā€™ button. (more info)

But for the My Reviews topic, some people will have a link in their usercard straight to that filter view. (I have one in mine :+1:)

You can also replicate this filter manually by adding a filter and username (no @) to a topic link like this:

https://lovehoneyforum.com/t/my-reviews/268237?username_filters=Ian_Chimp

1 Like

Great, thanks. I tried the first method which didnā€™t work, not sure why but Iā€™ll give the others a try.

2 Likes

I thought you might have missed the @ off. :slightly_smiling_face: Iā€™ve just checked, and it still works for me?

I didnā€™t miss the @. My phone just went a bit squiffy when I tied to search within a topic. Probably just my phone!

1 Like

Iā€™m not going to lie that is disappointing. I will start using the 150x200 ratio for side by side pictures then. Do you just use 1 space @Ian_Chimp or a coded break between them? I think I just assumed if it works on my phone it will be fine for everyone. Oh well.

1 Like

I just use a regular space if I want a gap between them. Itā€™s tough to get something looking consistent on every sized device. It still works though. :+1:

1 Like

There is a new way to add links. Iā€™m not quite sure how to explain it concisely, so weā€™ll have a practice in here before I write it upā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

Basically, you copy your link to your clipboard, navigate to your composer and highlight some text you want to be the display text:

And then select ā€˜pasteā€™ (or the link snippet from your clipboard if you have a swish one). That should automatically add the hyperlink in for you. :+1:

Does that make sense?

2 Likes