The Sandbox

The How-To could use a tweak or two as well. @Kitty-Cat01 mentioned a while back about adding some info on the different ways to add links, and gifs might be good for that. :+1:

2 Likes

So I’ve been having a little play with creating a .gif from recent how to upload a review enquiry.

@Lovehoney_Brenna (and I know this won’t be answered until Monday as weekends off are essential!) would this sort of .gif be acceptable to generally post?

It is an animated .gif generated from phone screen recorder video of Lovehoney website using GIF Maker, GIF Editor. I have gone with compressed version which reduces quality but makes it a 4MB upload.

20220115_113008

Thoughts or suggestions on improving it @Ian_Chimp (or anyone else)?

2 Likes

The one from the How-To looks to be 3.8MB, so this one is comparable size-wise. It may be worth doing a topic of ‘standard ones’, and people can quote/copy them from there rather than keep making new ones?

So a ‘gif template’ post would look something like this:

Mobile-Progress bar_6

![Mobile-Progress bar_6|672x499](upload://lib8u9yq6qFTQKDrMJjoXrnRg1h.gif)

2 Likes

I think that’s a great idea :bulb:. Might be better if they are recorded from a desktop (like that one appears to be?) though I think it’s fairly clear what I pressed in mine having the cursor definitely makes it clearer :thinking:. What do you think?

… I do have a Bluetooth mouse though, I might see if I can get that to play with my phone as that would work. It will have to wait though as I need to go out. I might wait and see if we get the go ahead from Brenna too but then open to suggestions on stuff people eould find useful to see.

1 Like

I think it depends on how different the mobile vs desktop views are for each thing. If most people use mobile, then maybe that would be the better one to do a gif of? Though the mouse arrow is very useful. :thinking:

You could maybe force Mobile view from desktop, and see how that looks?

https://lovehoneyforum.com/?mobile_view=1

(and desktop from mobile, just for fun)

https://lovehoneyforum.com/?mobile_view=0

You may need to refresh the page after for it to take effect. :+1:

1 Like

Yes. Re eating a hamster. If you eat meat; you eat meat. You can’t have a hierarchy of which are acceptable animals to kill and eat.

1 Like

Of course you can. I can grade anything. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Respectfully, I disagree.

Not quite sure where this conversation started but just to jump in mid way through…

Of course you can have a meat hierarchy… however unjust. If you eat nicely plastic packed lamb chops from the supermarket - all good. Shoot, prep, cook and eat a pheasant - all good. Eat your next door neighbour Fred and the law complains despite the fact you’re just eating meat :woman_shrugging:t2:. Hierarchy at work :rofl:

1 Like

Still disagree.

I believe it’s from the poll in the OP :slightly_smiling_face:

Though this is probably a good opportunity to pop in a quick Top Tip about the ‘reply as linked topic’ feature. You can find it in your reply window in the top left corner:

And with that you can ‘reply as linked topic’, which creates a new topic, and joins both the original and the new together. It’s for when you want to post something that you think is worthy of more discussion, but that doesn’t really belong in the topic that inspired it. :+1:

3 Likes

Just do we’re clear, I was joking… I have also realised where this conversation started and would like to point out my “It’s iffy” is based more on the Hamster itself, clearly it’s not come pre packaged from the supermarket so do you know how long ago it died? It might be that it’s past it’s best and not safe to eat. Also, what did it die of? If it was poisoned, probably best not to eat it. There are many things beyond is this meat to consider when contemplating eating a hamster hence… iffy! :rofl:

ETA Sorry @Ian_Chimp I didn’t see your reply before answering. I have never done the linking topic thing but are we not just linking to the same topic (just in different posts in it) anyway? I don’t seem to be zble to link it in my edit :woman_shrugging:t2:

LOL :laughing: I love how much thought you put into this!

You can only do it with a fresh reply (for obvious reasons when you work out what it does :slightly_smiling_face:). Give it a try and see.

1 Like

Ah, okay, so it creates a new topic just with a “Continuing the discussion from (link)…”

I do like that and I think I’ve seen you use it elsewhere.

Useful but here all that really needed to happen was a standard reply to your original post which would then have provided the link back? Although admittedly the morals of eating hamsters vs. neighbour Fred is not very sandboxy… I’m not sure it needed its own topic though. Could it just have been done the normal way but popped in The Lounge as a “To query @Ian_Chimp 's hamster post…” I’ve definitely done that type of linking in thing before.

…This current post is now technical Sandbox worthy so can the whole thing stay? :thinking:

I think things are getting a bit muddled. The ‘reply as linked topic’ would be good if you eg. read a poll in the Sandbox and wanted to have a conversation about eating meat. It’s a way of linking back to the post that inspired you, without taking the original topic off-topic. :+1:

Though the Lounge is also a good place to have a sidebar too. I think it would depend on how big a conversation you’re looking for.

1 Like

(example: a simple dropdown list)

EXAMPLE COLLECTION 1

TOY TYPE - EX: DILDOS, VIBRATORS, BUTT PLUGS

TOY TYPE

TOY TYPE

## EXAMPLE COLLECTION 1

---

[details="TOY TYPE - EX: DILDOS, VIBRATORS, BUTT PLUGS”]

* [Product Name](LINK)
* [Product Name](LINK)
* [Product Name](LINK)

[/details]

---

[details="TOY TYPE”]

* [Product Name](LINK)
* [Product Name](LINK)
* [Product Name](LINK)

[/details]

---

[details="TOY TYPE”]

* [Product Name](LINK)
* [Product Name](LINK)
* [Product Name](LINK)

[/details]

---
2 Likes

(example: a more complex categorized list with more detailed dropdowns)

EXAMPLE COLLECTION 2

TOY TYPE - EX: DILDOS, VIBRATORS, BUTT PLUGS
GLASS
SILICONE
STAINLESS STEEL

TOY TYPE
VIBRATING - RECHARGEABLE
VIBRATING - NEEDS BATTERIES
VIBRATING - MAINS POWERED
NON-VIBRATING

TOY TYPE
SUBCATEGORY
SUBCATEGORY

## EXAMPLE COLLECTION 2

---

[details="TOY TYPE - EX: DILDOS, VIBRATORS, BUTT PLUGS”]

[details="GLASS”]
* [Product Name](LINK)
* [Product Name](LINK)
[/details]

[details="SILICONE”]
* [Product Name](LINK)
* [Product Name](LINK)
[/details]

[details="STAINLESS STEEL”]
* [Product Name](LINK)
* [Product Name](LINK)
[/details]

[/details]

---

[details="TOY TYPE”]

[details="VIBRATING - RECHARGEABLE”]
* [Product Name](LINK)
* [Product Name](LINK)
[/details]

[details="VIBRATING - NEEDS BATTERIES”]
* [Product Name](LINK)
* [Product Name](LINK)
[/details]

[details="VIBRATING - MAINS POWERED”]
* [Product Name](LINK)
* [Product Name](LINK)
[/details]

[details="NON-VIBRATING”]
* [Product Name](LINK)
* [Product Name](LINK)
[/details]

[/details]

---

[details="TOY TYPE”]

[details="SUBCATEGORY”]
* [Product Name](LINK)
* [Product Name](LINK)
[/details]

[details="SUBCATEGORY”]
* [Product Name](LINK)
* [Product Name](LINK)
[/details]

[/details]

---

2 Likes

My LH collection so far

Dildos

Butt plugs and anal toys

Nipple Toys

Restraints and bondage

Other

3 Likes

embed a link in topic

Testing for quality

That is very poor quality. :slightly_smiling_face: I will circle back to this…

1 Like